Charlton fans not happy

44 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You do realise that fans of other clubs will always always always and forever and a day point to what we've just done and say similar things about our club from now on?

We've been tarnished by this big time

I know I hope it doesn't affect my sleep pattern

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

I’d like to know how many clubs have had points deductions over the years.

Quite a few and I cant remember most of them, not particularly bothered what other supporters think of us tbh.

Wasn't it Luton or Rotherham that had 17 points deducted and still managed to stay up? 

Long time ago so I'm struggling to remember full details. 

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

You do realise that fans of other clubs will always always always and forever and a day point to what we've just done and say similar things about our club from now on?

We've been tarnished by this big time

Leicester don't seem to lose sleep about 'cheating' the system twice.

Leed's don't seem to lose sleep about 'cheating' the system.

Leicester don't seem to lose sleep about 'cheating' the system when they fu*ked us over re George Hirst.

Club's who themselves have 'cheated' by whatever means it took (including stealing money off local businesses by going into administration) are now slagging us off for 'juggling' our own finances & own money. 

Our's was a technical infringement that infringed the EFLs rules. (Fine, we tried it on to circumvent ridiculously unfair business restrictions & got nailed). Huge difference to stealing money off creditor's by using their services & then walking away from the debt & then re inventing themselves a week later with a clean slate.

How we should sit back & let fans of these club's lecture US on the morality of what we did, is breathtaking.

We haven't been 'tarnished'. We are just the latest in a long line of club's (and there WILL be more) who have fell foul of the EFLs out of date, unfair business restrictions

Talk about "He who is without sin cast the first stone".

Fuc*in hypocrites.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Leicester don't seem to lose sleep about 'cheating' the system twice.

Leed's don't seem to lose sleep about 'cheating' the system.

Leicester don't seem to lose sleep about 'cheating' the system when they fu*ked us over re George Hirst.

Club's who themselves have 'cheated' by whatever means it took (including stealing money off local businesses by going into administration) are now slagging us off for 'juggling' our own finances & own money. 

Our's was a technical infringement that infringed the EFLs rules. (Fine, we tried it on to circumvent ridiculously unfair business restrictions & got nailed). Huge difference to stealing money off creditor's by using their services & then walking away from the debt & then re inventing themselves a week later with a clean slate.

How we should sit back & let fans of these club's lecture US on the morality of what we did, is breathtaking.

We haven't been 'tarnished'. We are just the latest in a long line of club's (and there WILL be more) who have fell foul of the EFLs out of date, unfair business restrictions

Talk about "He who is without sin cast the first stone".

Fuc*in hypocrites.

I like a lot of what you post chap,but "we haven't been tarnished",crikey,SWFC as a club have been tarnished since the betting scandal of the sixties,the Hillsborough disaster,and now this,football fans don't forget stuff like that,

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We have

I agree with you, I think we have.

it's a sign of the times though that in the big scheme of things it is not that important to the football world as a whole. As others have said, Leicester won the league a few years ago and qualified for the Champions League. The odd article and posts nationally references the moves they made financially not too long ago that have helped to get them to this kind of success but by and large most football fans just say well done Leicester and make no reference to their past issues.

Sadly we aren't the first to suffer a deduction and in the current climate, unless the rules change there will be plenty more to follow in the near future. 

Of course it doesn't make it right and we shouldn't be flippant about it but in the wider football community, this tarnished view won't last as long as it might have done in previous eras. 

Just now, BARMYARMY2010 said:

I like a lot of what you post chap,but "we haven't been tarnished",crikey,SWFC as a club have been tarnished since the betting scandal of the sixties,the Hillsborough disaster,and now this,football fans don't forget stuff like that,

Exactly

To say Sheffield Wednesday haven't been tarnished by this EFL judgement is beyond parody

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

That's fine

But we have

I can only assume you are confused in respect that your 'opinion' is just that, 'your opinion' and not 'fact'.

The fact we have been docked 12 points (in the absence of a possible appeal) is a 'FACT' and not an 'opinion'.

Whether the club has been 'tarnished' is a matter of opinion as demonstrated by OUR deliverance of views & also by the divergence of opinion on here in general.

• Like 2

Just like Barnsley, Charlton were hoping that off-field disciplinary action was going to make up for their ******** poor efforts onfield

Barnsley got lucky in that Wigan broke a rule that carried an automatic penalty with concrete rules that covered how that penalty was applied in that if they finished in the bottom 3 it would be applied next season but if they finished above the bottom 3 then its applied the current season .

Our situation is in no way comparative and as i've posted and said before natural justice alone would demand that any penalty be applied from next season as the case was always going to be heard in July almost 3 months post season barring Covid . Its still been applied 9 days post season anyway 

I hope Charlton go legal as they are another club i have an irrational dislike of and it will just spaff more of their resources against the porcelain 

• Like 4