Charlton fans not happy

8 minutes ago, prowl said:

So much negative thinking about at present. Why are our fans so negative all the time. Do they all go to games expecting us to get thumped every week. Expect us to give away penalties whenever the opposition attack or our players to get sent off every time they tackle someone.

Our manager is the worst ever to walk this earth, every player is totally useless, overpaid and no one wants them, The Chairman is useless, etc etc etc.

I often wonder why some of our fans support the club if it is so goddam awful, or sometines even if they do support  us. Sometimes it's a real downer reading Owlstalk, it shouldn't be there are some great people on here, just cheer the f' up and make this site the pleasure it should be.

I know we have been rubbish for a long time but without optimism life must be such a dark experience.

Cheer up, the sun is shining, next season hasn't stated yet. 

Hate to break it to you but next season started yesterday with a 12 point deduction.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah it’s a great day in our history!!!!

No not a great day by any means but it could have been much worse. We've been in limbo for months, not really able to plan, not sure if we would be relegated or not. Now at least the we know where we stand, we can move forward, regroup and almost put it behind us.

Parry wanted a scapegoat, he wanted to hammer some club to bring the rest to heel. He didn't get it. We are still a Championship club.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kobayashi said:

Hate to break it to you but next season started yesterday with a 12 point deduction.

So get over it. We will just have to be 4 points better than this season. Where's your fighting spirit. Wednesday till I die.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, prowl said:

So much negative thinking about at present. Why are our fans so negative all the time. Do they all go to games expecting us to get thumped every week. Expect us to give away penalties whenever the opposition attack or our players to get sent off every time they tackle someone.

Our manager is the worst ever to walk this earth, every player is totally useless, overpaid and no one wants them, The Chairman is useless, etc etc etc.

I often wonder why some of our fans support the club if it is so goddam awful, or sometines even if they do support  us. Sometimes it's a real downer reading Owlstalk, it shouldn't be there are some great people on here, just cheer the f' up and make this site the pleasure it should be.

I know we have been rubbish for a long time but without optimism life must be such a dark experience.

Cheer up, the sun is shining, next season hasn't stated yet. 

I totally agree mate.

So we got a 12 point deduction. It's not the end of life as we know it.

Didn't we start one season without a win till Christmas (or some horrendous start that saw us near the bottom after loads of games).

We made the points up & ended up having a decent season as I remember.

Some of the posters on here do not have a single good word to say about ANYTHING to do with the club. You can trawl through thread after thread on totally different topics & some of the same posters crop up every time pushing their same bile. Not ONE good word to say about ANY aspect of the club. Nothing!!   Not only in the last day (that may be more understandable) but over a sustained, prolonged period. 

I swear, you could go on Pigs mad & see less abuse towards the club than you see on here. 

I saw a thread following the 12 point decision that we will all need to pull together to claw the points loss back once crowds are allowed again.

Looking at the reaction on here, I won't be holding my breath.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

I totally agree mate.

Didn't we start one season without a win till Christmas (or some horrendous start that saw us near the bottom after loads of games).

Some of the posters on here do not have a single good word to say about ANYTHING to do with the club. You can trawl through thread after thread on totally different topics & some of the same posters crop up every time pushing their same bile. Not ONE good word to say about ANY aspect of the club. Nothing!!   Not only in the last day (that may be more understandable) but over a sustained, prolonged period. 

I swear, you could go on Pigs mad & see less abuse towards the club than you see on here. 

I saw a thread following the 12 point decision that we will all need to pull together to claw the points loss back once crowds are allowed again.

As an uberfan the above post mirrors my sentiments

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

I totally agree mate.

On the flip side there are many many positive fans who always look on the bright side, urge others to do the same, post positives, show the brighter side of things

There are fans who don't have a single bad words to say about ANYTHING to do with the club. You can trawl through thread after thread on totally different topics and some of the same posters crop up every time pushing their same positivity. Not ONE bad word to say about ANY aspect of the club. Nothing!! Not only in the last day  (that may be more understandable) but over a sustained, prolonged period

I saw a thread following the 12 point deduction that we all need to pull together to claw the points loss back once crowds are allowed again

Looking at the positive posts from these people I am sure that will be the case once the shock of this horrific points deduction that could have easily been avoided through sensible management has faded a little

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

UBERFANSSWFC.jpg

Do you think that occasionally, you should just maybe run the site, take a back seat & let posters post their opinions without your childish interventions, that incidentally, are not always posted without vested interests on your part.

Obviously your priority is the maintenance & profitability of the site and the content within, which automatically comes with as I say, vested interests re the content. I notice you frequently react when people refer to "On here" (The forum) as you see it as a slight to the forum.

You already have the ultimate sanction of removing posts (which seem to be used quite frequently), so to try & dictate the tone of the 'arguments' as well, is possibly a step too far.

• Like 2

Just now, bigthinrob said:

Do you think that occasionally, you should just maybe run the site, take a back seat & let posters post their opinions without your childish interventions, that incidentally, are not always posted without vested interests on your part.

Obviously your priority is the maintenance & profitability of the site and the content within, which automatically comes with as I say, vested interests re the content. I notice you frequently react when people refer to "On here" (The forum) as you see it as a slight to the forum.

You already have the ultimate sanction of removing posts (which seem to be used quite frequently), so to try & dictate the tone of the 'arguments' as well, is possibly a step too far.

Your in for it now

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

UBERFANSSWFC.jpg

I would never claim to be an uberfan. Far from it. I just don't see the point of supporting a club where you hate the owner, the manager, the players and just about every aspect of everything.

I don't think a lot of people can actually think that way or they wouldn't support the club buy it does seem to be a mindset that people can't get out of. They seem to delight in finding fault. It used to be a particular way of thinking back in the early 80's in Sheffield, I was guilty of it myself and it was only when I left Sheffield in 87 that it wasn't like that elsewhere. It's really strange because whem I meet folks from Sheffield they are always really good company, funny outgoing with a dry sense of humour built on taking the P out of their mates unmercifully.

You personally have been supporting Monk over the last while, trying to change the agenda from getting rid of him to giving him a fair crack of the whip. It's obvious you aren't a supporter of DC, that's fair enough. At least you aren't down on everyone and everything.

Please excuse those of us who think things could be worse, that we have a fighting chance, that it's now up to us as a club to get out of this situation. We might be deluded but we do have a right to put our point forward however unpopular. ( or maybe we don't and we really are delusional.) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, prowl said:

I would never claim to be an uberfan. Far from it. I just don't see the point of supporting a club where you hate the owner, the manager, the players and just about every aspect of everything.

I don't think a lot of people can actually think that way or they wouldn't support the club buy it does seem to be a mindset that people can't get out of. They seem to delight in finding fault. It used to be a particular way of thinking back in the early 80's in Sheffield, I was guilty of it myself and it was only when I left Sheffield in 87 that it wasn't like that elsewhere. It's really strange because whem I meet folks from Sheffield they are always really good company, funny outgoing with a dry sense of humour built on taking the P out of their mates unmercifully.

You personally have been supporting Monk over the last while, trying to change the agenda from getting rid of him to giving him a fair crack of the whip. It's obvious you aren't a supporter of DC, that's fair enough. At least you aren't down on everyone and everything.

Please excuse those of us who think things could be worse, that we have a fighting chance, that it's now up to us as a club to get out of this situation. We might be deluded but we do have a right to put our point forward however unpopular. ( or maybe we don't and we really are delusional.) 

In all honesty the Uberfan thing is just a lighthearted way to give those judging others a bit of a nudge to stop it

Life is full of people of all shapes, sizes, colours and opinions and it's good to debate the topics and points without turning anything into an 'Im a better fan than you' type nonsense as that's just divisive and pointless.

I'm sick of hearing how this forum is full of negative people from fans who post nothing but positivity (which is a good thing). LIFE is like that. If you got 100 fans into a room you'd get 10 who were ultra 'uberfan' types, 80 who were middle ground on most things, and 10 who would make you want to just jump off a cliff. The same 10 people would moan over and and over and over and over again and nothing would ever be enough to make them happy. and the same 10 uberfan types would say nothing but ultra positive stuff over and over and over and over and not hear a bad word about anything.

This website is absolutely no different. It's a mixed bag. People of all opinions posting their opinions for everyone to discuss and debate, but as soon as it turns into 'get t' lane then' or 'just another stick to beat the club with' it soon turns sour hence my knocking up an Uberfan artwork.

For an ultra positive fan to come on moaning that people have different opinions to theirs so that makes it all wrong makes me annoyed. 

Same as if a total moaner was to say we should kick the ultra positive fans off for posting totally positive stuff  - it's not on to suggest that either.

Ultimately this isn't an echo chamber - it's an open discussion forum for people of all opinions

Same as the pub
Same as Twitter
Same as Facebook
Same as sitting in The Moor Markets

Anyone who thinks otherwise is either not being totally honest or has an agenda.

And maybe if you come on as an Uberfan after we've just been deducted 12 points you might just see a few criticisms and complaints about it. What else did you expect?

Hopefully people will learn to accept that other people have other opinions without turning it into some wierd kind of competition about who's the biggest/best fan as it always seems to get pushed towards

If you see someone being negative and you don't like it post something positive in response
If you read someone sticking up for a decision made by the chairman that you don't agree with then post something in response

It's kinda how it works

Oh yeah... And the chairman is NOT Sheffield Wednesday Football Club. Challenging any of his decisions is NOT attacking the club. But anyone with half a brain already knows this.

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop