Charlton fans not happy

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

This is what football has turned into

Not cheering your eleven players on

But cheering on lawyers to try and screw the system as best they can so you can get out of your sticky situations and so that other clubs get relegated because of points deductions instead

it's a whole new sport

lol

Its like end of season VAR!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Brings up a serious point that clubs don't know what the hell's going on at the end of the season until the hearings/verdicts have all been sorted

Mad innit

And luckily for us the goal line camera wasn't switched on !

2 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I think you have way more moaners on here, if you meet a Wednesday fan in real life they don't constantly ***** about Chansiri

there are probably many fans who don’t really understand or want to understand the damage DC is doing. 

Guest Bulgaria
4 minutes ago, Frazzlebeak said:

image.png.45129bc31750d8fde48c851d159112d0.pngj

Just noticed how rubbish this looks. The S should be further left, then the W, then the old Owls badge in the middle and then the F and C

Carry on lol

Mmmm.

How's about the badge far left?

Then DCs boat race far right?

Then a picture of him at Disneyland far far right?

Edited by Bulgaria

46 minutes ago, Frazzlebeak said:

image.png.45129bc31750d8fde48c851d159112d0.pngj

Just noticed how rubbish this looks. The S should be further left, then the W, then the old Owls badge in the middle and then the F and C

Carry on lol

Oh God.

Why did you have to bring that to our attention.

That is going to pi*s me off every time I see it now.

😬

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Rogers said:

there are probably many fans who don’t really understand or want to understand the damage DC is doing. 

Oh please!!!

Don't go down the patronising "They don't understand" route FFS.

Everyone is more than aware of what the situation is. It's more a fact that people react differently and have different perspectives on the current situation.

I suppose Derby's fans "Don't understand" their situation.

I suppose Birmingham's fans "Didn't understand" their situation.

I suppose Forest's fans "Didn't understand" their situation.

I suppose Wolve's fans "Didn't understand" the huge gamble they took.

If you want to wring your hands in anguish & explain to the naive uneducated masses, the 'damage' you think DC is doing, fine, but don't assume that there are "many fans" who don't understand or who share the doomsday scenario that you do.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Oh please!!!

Don't go down the patronising "They don't understand" route FFS.

Everyone is more than aware of what the situation is. It's more a fact that people react differently and have different perspectives on the current situation.

I suppose Derby's fans "Don't understand" their situation.

I suppose Birmingham's fans "Didn't understand" their situation.

I suppose Forest's fans "Didn't understand" their situation.

I suppose Wolve's fans "Didn't understand" the huge gamble they took.

If you want to wring your hands in anguish & explain to the naive uneducated masses, the 'damage' you think DC is doing, fine, but don't assume that there are "many fans" who don't understand or who share the doomsday scenario that you do.

He's right though

Some fans just aren't interested in any of the political side, any of the chairman stuff, any of the background stuff

They just go to the match with their lad, go to the pub, buy a pie at the game, watch the team and go home again and that's all

It's an absolute fact that there are fans like this - probably the majority too

And you can guarantee that they're the happiest fans of the lot too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He's right though

Some fans just aren't interested in any of the political side, any of the chairman stuff, any of the background stuff

They just go to the match with their lad, go to the pub, buy a pie at the game, watch the team and go home again and that's all

If they actually go to the games best describe them as "least unhappy".

lol

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He's right though

I'm not so sure.

The original post was regarding fans "Not understanding" the situation, it wasn't about them not being interested in it.

I don't honestly think many people are out of the range of social media these days, especially regarding the club.

They may not particularly 'care' about the 'political' side of things but i certainly think they 'understand' it.

Just now, bigthinrob said:

I'm not so sure.

The original post was regarding fans "Not understanding" the situation, it wasn't about them not being interested in it.

I don't honestly think many people are out of the range of social media these days, especially regarding the club.

They may not particularly 'care' about the 'political' side of things but i certainly think they 'understand' it.

I think that might be a case of assuming everyone takes an active interest in it or reads the info that's out there. 

We know that's not the case from the sheer number of people who come onto here to ask questions about stuff like this. 

The majority might be aware of what's happening but there's definitely fans who aren't because they just don't want to get involved or hear about it as it (and it does) slightly spoil the enjoyment factor of being a Wednesday fan

The less involved you are on the political side, on the boardroom side, on the chairman side of stuff, and the less you know, the happier you are as a fan that's for sure

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

19 minutes ago, Owlsabouthat! said:

As much as I’m sorry for charlton as a whole it makes me wonder how much these 12 points would have mattered if we hadnt had our pre season Screwed over by Newcastle stealing Bruce and co. I doubt we’d be in the same position 

Never thought of that.

Good point mate.

I remember all the media sympathy for us at the time.  NOT!!

"Poor Sheffield Wednesday, waited all that time for Bruce to finish his sabbatical and then to have him poached".

"Let's all feel sorry for them".

Nobody did (obviously).

I have no sympathy for time wasting, cheating, whinging Charlton, just as they wouldn't for us.

• Like 5
  • Love 1