Charlton fans not happy

13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

In all honesty the Uberfan thing is just a lighthearted way to give those judging others a bit of a nudge to stop it

Life is full of people of all shapes, sizes, colours and opinions and it's good to debate the topics and points without turning anything into an 'Im a better fan than you' type nonsense as that's just divisive and pointless.

I'm sick of hearing how this forum is full of negative people from fans who post nothing but positivity (which is a good thing). LIFE is like that. If you got 100 fans into a room you'd get 10 who were ultra 'uberfan' types, 80 who were middle ground on most things, and 10 who would make you want to just jump off a cliff. The same 10 people would moan over and and over and over and over again and nothing would ever be enough to make them happy. and the same 10 uberfan types would say nothing but ultra positive stuff over and over and over and over and not hear a bad word about anything.

This website is absolutely no different. It's a mixed bag. People of all opinions posting their opinions for everyone to discuss and debate, but as soon as it turns into 'get t' lane then' or 'just another stick to beat the club with' it soon turns sour hence my knocking up an Uberfan artwork.

For an ultra positive fan to come on moaning that people have different opinions to theirs so that makes it all wrong makes me annoyed. 

Same as if a total moaner was to say we should kick the ultra positive fans off for posting totally positive stuff  - it's not on to suggest that either.

Ultimately this isn't an echo chamber - it's an open discussion forum for people of all opinions

Same as the pub
Same as Twitter
Same as Facebook
Same as sitting in The Moor Markets

Anyone who thinks otherwise is either not being totally honest or has an agenda.

Hopefully people will learn to accept that other people have other opinions without turning it into some wierd kind of competition about who's the biggest/best fan as it always seems to get pushed towards

If you see someone being negative and you don't like it post something positive in response
If you read someone sticking up for a decision made by the chairman that you don't agree with then post something in response

It's kinda how it works

Oh yeah... And the chairman is NOT Sheffield Wednesday Football Club. Challenging any of his decisions is NOT attacking the club. But anyone with half a brain already knows this.

I think you have way more moaners on here, if you meet a Wednesday fan in real life they don't constantly ***** about Chansiri

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If it was the other way round our fans would be livid, but its not and we have dodged a bullet so happy days.

I certainly dont feel sorry for them because they are rubbish and didnt get enough points to stay up. Cant rely on other teams punishments. 

Screw Charlton!

• Like 2

On 31/07/2020 at 20:42, alanharper said:

A fair compromise would be to move the deduction to this season as they request, but cut it to 7 points. 

I think the fairest compromise would be to give us a 2 season penalty. 6 points this season and 6 next season. Everyone should be happy then.:ghoulguy:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Quantum Owl said:

If it was the other way round our fans would be livid, but its not and we have dodged a bullet so happy days.

I certainly dont feel sorry for them because they are rubbish and didnt get enough points to stay up. Cant rely on other teams punishments. 

Screw Charlton!

Why would we be livid ? You’ve just pointed out the lack of points and being rubbish , if that was us in their position wouldn’t it be only right that relegation followed ? .

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I think you have way more moaners on here, if you meet a Wednesday fan in real life they don't constantly ***** about Chansiri

This is a forum where we discuss things. It’s bound to be full of people who think a bit more clearly/often/obsessively about the club and how it’s run.

I eat a Toffee Crisp pretty regularly and I’m pretty sure ToffeeCrispTalk will be full of people with coherent valid views even though I haven’t given it any thought. I just walk in, buy one, eat it and that’s me done.

Although they do seem to have been getting smaller recently. Hmmm.....

45 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Why would we be livid ? You’ve just pointed out the lack of points and being rubbish , if that was us in their position wouldn’t it be only right that relegation followed ? .

Because we’ve benefited this season from players whose wages contributed to the earlier P&S problems. They should have been sold to help balance the books.

I can see why they’re unhappy. The penalty should have been levied as soon as possible. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Depends who you bump into mate

If you're in a pub and the moaners on here are sat in there then no doubt you'd hear em chuntering on about it

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, bladeshater said:

Owlstalk does attract the negative nigels

And the ultra positives who don't hear a word against anything no matter how bad it gets

I see the site as a mixed bag with mixed views and mixed opinions

What you see totally depends on what you're looking for

e.g. an Uberfan might log on to try and find someone moaning so they can click the little 'laugh' icon and then mock them for being a snowflake or not as big as fan as they are themselves etc - and will go seeking it and find it and then try holding it up as some kind of example for others to see? 

lol

It's not an echo chamber on here - it's people of all background and opinions

I would imagine if you just come out of a whatsapp or facebook chat with ya mates who all say they totally agree with each other on everything just to fit into the peer group, logging on here would come as a bit of a culture shock..

You know...

With people having their own opinions n that

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

This is a forum where we discuss things. It’s bound to be full of people who think a bit more clearly/often/obsessively about the club and how it’s run.

I eat a Toffee Crisp pretty regularly and I’m pretty sure ToffeeCrispTalk will be full of people with coherent valid views even though I haven’t given it any thought. I just walk in, buy one, eat it and that’s me done.

Although they do seem to have been getting smaller recently. Hmmm.....

Yeh they've definitely become smaller which is annoying, you have to buy a multipack these days to get your fill which means you probably eat more than you would have if they just left them the same size which is due to the government thinking smaller chocolate bars equals people being healthier but actually has the opposite effect. 

I agree that most of the hardcore fans will be on here but just think it shows Owlstalk is up in arms that is not representative of the fan opinion on the whole. I reckon meeting the average owls fan they would go "the EFL have done us haven't they." Rather than a rant about the chairman. I still think most fans appreciate he is trying to do a good thing for us

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Because we’ve benefited this season from players whose wages contributed to the earlier P&S problems. They should have been sold to help balance the books.

I can see why they’re unhappy. The penalty should have been levied as soon as possible. 

Not sure that "benefited" is the right word tbh... 

• Haha 2

Imagine coming on here trying to suggest Owlstalk is the only negative place right now tho

lol

Get away wi thi..... 

You absolute nutters

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

15 hours ago, prowl said:

I would never claim to be an uberfan. Far from it. I just don't see the point of supporting a club where you hate the owner, the manager, the players and just about every aspect of everything.

I don't think a lot of people can actually think that way or they wouldn't support the club buy it does seem to be a mindset that people can't get out of. They seem to delight in finding fault. It used to be a particular way of thinking back in the early 80's in Sheffield, I was guilty of it myself and it was only when I left Sheffield in 87 that it wasn't like that elsewhere. It's really strange because whem I meet folks from Sheffield they are always really good company, funny outgoing with a dry sense of humour built on taking the P out of their mates unmercifully.

You personally have been supporting Monk over the last while, trying to change the agenda from getting rid of him to giving him a fair crack of the whip. It's obvious you aren't a supporter of DC, that's fair enough. At least you aren't down on everyone and everything.

Please excuse those of us who think things could be worse, that we have a fighting chance, that it's now up to us as a club to get out of this situation. We might be deluded but we do have a right to put our point forward however unpopular. ( or maybe we don't and we really are delusional.) 

Very well said mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

My point being that no team at the beginning of a season expects to escape relegation by means of a points deduction

4 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

My point being that no team at the beginning of a season expects to escape relegation by means of a points deduction

No and no team expects their rivals to benefit from players who are only at a club because of rule breaking.

To think our fans wouldn't be screaming "EFL vendetta" if the positions had been reversed is naive I believe. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, the monk said:

Just supposing Charlton had managed to stay up on their own steam 

I bet their fans would have been happy for us to take the hit next season thus giving them a better chance of staying up 

This is what football has turned into

Not cheering your eleven players on

But cheering on lawyers to try and screw the system as best they can so you can get out of your sticky situations and so that other clubs get relegated because of points deductions instead

it's a whole new sport

lol

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop