Charlton fans not happy

They have my sympathy.

We have cheated and our delayed punishment has directly affected another club, for the worse.  Charlton have huge issues, they could be the next Bury FC.  

We shouldn't revel in their anger, we are the ones that have done wrong.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Manwë said:

They have my sympathy.

We have cheated and our delayed punishment has directly affected another club, for the worse.  Charlton have huge issues, they could be the next Bury FC.  

All's fair in love and war and football 😂

2 minutes ago, Manwë said:

They have my sympathy.

There’s no WE here. 

One man has caused all this. 

The fans of all clubs involved suffer

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Well you can't really blame them can you. We can consider ourselves very fortunate to have not been relegated this evening.

Id rather have gone down and started on 0 in league 1.  

We've just postponed relegation,  there's no way we'll get 60 odd points next season.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I remember exactly how heartbroken and cheated I felt after the Crystal Palace relegation decider. They broke the rules, they had players on their books, Premier League quality players, that they couldnt afford. Ultimatley, they werent punished and the same set of player which they couldnt afford sent us down.

It still angers me to this day that they broke the rules and soon after we were in League 1 and they were in the Premier League.

• Like 4

Charlton talking about legal action now.  It was obvious to everyone that this would happen with any club who went down on the last day, we'd be the same.  What I don't understand is why they couldn't delay going public with this for an extra couple of weeks.  To announce anything other than a "not guilty, case thrown out" before the official season is over is strange to say the least. 

Essentially the season was played out on the pitch and they didn’t get enough points; they shouldn’t be relying on points deductions for other teams. 

It’s not as if we spent a load of money if players that kept us up, we haven’t bought a decent players in years. 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Manwë said:

They have my sympathy.

They had a full season to try and accumulate enough points to stay up , they couldn’t manage it , we haven’t relegated them their players have . 

• Like 1

Wigan got their 12 points off this season.

Illogical that ours should come off next season, when this season hasn't ended.  Still PO Final to go.

I can understand why Charlton are angry.   We'd be furious if the boot was on the other foot.

35 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

I know we were charged in November, but wasn’t the offence actually the previous year? So no actual reason why the points should definitely come off the season just gone. 

You'd think it would be applied as soon as is possible. 

2 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Illogical that ours should come off next season, when this season hasn't ended.  Still PO Final to go.

I can understand why Charlton are angry.   We'd be furious if the boot was on the other foot.

I don’t agree , we should be embarrassed if we were hoping on a teams points deduction to keep us up 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Wigan went into administration. Pretty clear cut. 

Ours was clearly an unusual case. 

• Like 1