Scouts... If they exist @ swfc

Do we actually have a proper scouting set up? 

If so what are they playing at? When are we going to see some kind of fruit? 

I don't mean for the academy either, I mean players who can slot straight in the first team! I mean finding real raw talented hungry players for nominal fees! Other clubs can do it... Why can't we! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bigblueowl said:

Do we actually have a proper scouting set up? 

If so what are they playing at? When are we going to see some kind of fruit? 

I don't mean for the academy either, I mean players who can slot straight in the first team! I mean finding real raw talented hungry players for nominal fees! Other clubs can do it... Why can't we! 

Harris Murphy etc came out of a lucky bag

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

Hehehe auto correct..Borner

Mate he's 29! Would you say he's raw and talented? I'd say average and retiring in 3years!

Dom has been a good signing but that wasn't our scouts finding him! He was surplus to requirements at wolves. 

My point is why aren't we picking up top players in lower divisions/foreign divisions? We seem to pick average players up that fail! Surely the scouts have to be held responsible no? Their the ones coming back saying we need to sign this lad... 

Edited by Bigblueowl
Altered
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

Mate he's 29! Would you say he's raw and talented? I'd say average and retiring in 3years!

Dom has been a good signing but that wasn't our scouts finding him! He was surplus to requirements at wolves. 

My point is why aren't we picking up top players in lower divisions/foreign divisions? We seem to pick average players up that fail! Surely the scouts have to be held responsible no? Their the ones coming back saying we need to sign this lad... 

Just because he was surplus, it doesn't mean the scouts didn't do their work.  One of the positive legacies bruce left was he brought in a recruitment team and left them.

• Like 2

i'd guess we dont have any and all our business is done thru agents offering players to whoever is in charge of recruitment .........when bruce came in he brought them 2 whose names  i dont know and i dont recall hearing that  they were replacing anyone .....whether they are still here i know not but i'd be surprised if they are  coz i'd be amazed if they came up with da cruz & hildalgo

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Well in the relatively short time since since the scouting and youth recruitment improvements were started under Chansiri, our U18s have won the national league and a number of players have made the jump to both the U23 and senior squad.

So yes, we have a scouting network.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Bigblueowl said:

How many scouts do you think we would need to cover the foreign lower leagues?

Could we afford to employ them, seeing as we are losing millions every year.

The top clubs will have scouts in every country. Realistically, what chance have we got of spotting and signing talent before they do.

44 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

How many scouts do you think we would need to cover the foreign lower leagues?

Could we afford to employ them, seeing as we are losing millions every year.

The top clubs will have scouts in every country. Realistically, what chance have we got of spotting and signing talent before they do.

Coming up towards the tens of millions for a scouting network that size. It's why Brentford sacrificed their academy to move to a moneyball system. At our level, it's an either/or scenario.