Dejphon Chansiri - Sheffield Wednesday Chairman - Thread

Guest Grandad
6 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Really ? 

After all i see put on here.

ah well

UTO

I always find it's best to take it on the chin when the moderators are saving you from yourself

Most of my legal costs were paid by the club, because they didn't have a case. But for half a dozen statements argued by the club's lawyers my bill was £85,000. The club's bill was £110k.

Defamation is very expensive and if you have a house you're in danger of losing it.

Just now, Grandad said:

I always find it's best to take it on the chin when the moderators are saving you from yourself

Most of my legal costs were paid by the club, because they didn't have a case. But for half a dozen statements argued by the club's lawyers my bill was £85,000. The club's bill was £110k.

Defamation is very expensive and if you have a house you're in danger of losing it.

Appreciate your input, however, i was struggling to see what the hell i'd said wrong that was so bad. Sincerely.

However, I'll take the moderators advice. And i respect that.

I suppose there's a fine line between humour and sensitvity.

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Appreciate your input, however, i was struggling to see what the hell i'd said wrong that was so bad. Sincerely.

Very much so mate

Every single post that was complained about by the club in their court papers was humorous

Someone was even sued for saying Kaven and Ashley would probably end up signing a hooker on their scouting trip in Europe - a clear play on words relating to rugby and their lack of knowledge on football matters 😂

Just now, Grandad said:

Very much so mate

Every single post that was complained about by the club in their court papers was humorous

Someone was even sued for saying Kaven and Ashley would probably end up signing a hooker on their scouting trip in Europe - a clear play on words relating to rugby and their lack of knowledge on football matters 😂

Jesus... ( can i say that ? ) 

I knew it was bad then, but fair do's. They probably don't understand our Northern Humour 

Appreciate the advice.

no jokes on Owlstalk lol

9 hours ago, Grandad said:

Very much so mate

That's how bad it was...if you think this is worse...get a grip peeps 

Edited by daveyboy66

11 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

For what ? 

Did you dare to ask questions of Paxo ?  That's a cardinal sin on here mate. He dosnt like his "involvment" at Hillsbro being quizzed. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

There is definitely sensitivity at the club right now among certain individuals mate, people who read this site and font like us digging into their backgrounds. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

Everything Mr Chansiri has done for the club in my opinion as been done for the best for the club !!  He has obviously been misguided in certain areas. I think after a fall you do come back stronger !  That’s why I honestly believe we will be back bigger and better next season.  UTO 

Society is very unforgiving, football fans even more so. Really hope Chansiri has learnt his mistakes and runs us in a better way moving forward.

• Like 1

It’s a tricky business. In my game everything we do is trawled over by experienced lawyers to make sure we aren’t defaming people. 

Jokes should be OK if they are clearly jokes with no underlying intention. Even jokes with a jag can be fine but you can tread a fine line.

If someone comes after you with heavy hitting lawyers it's a huge potential financial pressure which can weigh heavily on people. Some organisations and individuals use writs to scare people and to shut them up knowing they daren’t risk losing a libel battle - even if they are actually in the right. 

It’s best to be cautious. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

Everything Mr Chansiri has done for the club in my opinion as been done for the best for the club !!  He has obviously been misguided in certain areas. I think after a fall you do come back stronger !  That’s why I honestly believe we will be back bigger and better next season.  UTO 

Done for the best of the club? How is selling our stadium, our home, doing his best for the club? After every fall we haven't come back stronger at all, infact we've fell further and further. There is absolutely nothing that Chansiri has done during his time here to even show the slightest glimpse he will get it right.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

Let's hope so Kev UTO

Owlstalk Shop