Dejphon Chansiri - Sheffield Wednesday Chairman - Thread

3 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

His 'family business" amounts to a real estate company he part owns with his father. 

I meant his families' business - I assume they collectively could offer some sort advice, or find someone in the UK to act as the primary lead.

We have always said that DC doesn't have a huge personal wealth, and his loses caulked up through SWFC alone must have wiped out a fair % of this by now. Therefore, I can only conclude that it's either his family underwriting the investment/debt or he has other ownership agreements in place with other parties.

I simply can't understand and accept that a guy who, as you say, is noting more than an estate agent, is running up debt at his rate without the threat of personal bankruptcy.

1 minute ago, Animis said:

I meant his families' business - I assume they collectively could offer some sort advice, or find someone in the UK to act as the primary lead.

I assume you mean Thai Union Group (formerly TUF). Despite what many think on here, that is not a Chansiri family business. It is a listed multinational holding company that employs DC's father and brother as Chairman and CEO of the PLC board respectively. As a corporate entity, there are rules and guidelienes that would prevent direct or indirect intervention with the club. The best that DC's family could do is recommend PR or commercial consultants used by Thai Union but any interaction would have to be independent of the group.

• Like 3

On 01/08/2020 at 09:26, Grandad said:

I always find it's best to take it on the chin when the moderators are saving you from yourself

Most of my legal costs were paid by the club, because they didn't have a case. But for half a dozen statements argued by the club's lawyers my bill was £85,000. The club's bill was £110k.

Defamation is very expensive and if you have a house you're in danger of losing it.

Sorry do I understand this correctly?.  You posted on here and the Club took you to court for defamation? 

If so... Sounds more and more like Bates 

9 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I assume you mean Thai Union Group (formerly TUF). Despite what many think on here, that is not a Chansiri family business. It is a listed multinational holding company that employs DC's father and brother as Chairman and CEO of the PLC board respectively. As a corporate entity, there are rules and guidelienes that would prevent direct or indirect intervention with the club. The best that DC's family could do is recommend PR or commercial consultants used by Thai Union but any interaction would have to be independent of the group.

tbh it's surprising that this info still hasn't been absorbed, it's been put on here for years 

• Like 1

It would be good for him to come out with his own analysis of what went wrong and why - let’s face it, the sale of Hillsborough to try and beat P&S regulations isn’t an indicator of success. 

Then he needs to formulate the way forward. If that way is - as people on here suggest - a root and branch reform of our player acquisition policies then fine. It’s risky. Young players aren’t  released from Premier League clubs because they’re fully formed young stars. But if that’s the market we’re in explain it to us and it’ll be broadly accepted. 

And that more earthy policy should apply to the fan base too. Let’s be famous for good fan engagement, treatment and prices instead of notorious for having the highest prices in the division.  Let’s encourage fans from all Sheffield’s communities to Hillsborough. Let’s try and make it a vibrant, progressive place.

I’ve already coughed up for my ST next season. I’ll want a refund for missed matches unless I was told my surplus cash will be put into helping reduce match day prices or invested in free tickets for kids etc. Not that giving away tickets should be a problem given the crowds we’ve been pulling. 

I’m not against Chansiri as a bloke I just want him to run my club that bit better. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

ok, thanks - on that basis, do you think DC is in this on his own?

If so, his personal wealth has been and is predicted to continue to be eroded. At what point does he simply reach the threshold of no more money.

My concern in this is his strange valuation of the club. There's no way he will achieve the £200m level he floated at the fans meeting in Dec 2018. He'd probably get what he paid, and have to therefore, right-off the debt, which must be a personal risk to him.

6 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Absolutely mate.

You'd think that given he is an " advisor " we could argue that his advice is absolute sheite and why does Chansiri think it's so good. given the clubs now been screwed.

We can discuss and criticise Chansiri all we like on here, yet someone at the club gets all defensive when we start questioning Paxo. We know Chansiri has people telling him what is said on social media, he admitted this in an interview with Dom Howson. The more people dig into Paxo, the more defensive they get. Neil has said in the past he has closed threads about Paxo because the club didn't like him being discussed. 

This bloke should not be off limits for questioning. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

His 'family business" amounts to a real estate company he part owns with his father. 

This has always been the reason why I'm certain DC isn't the sole invester at Hillsbro. I don't think His individual wealth is big enough to Plough in the kind money he has done. I'm convinced they are others with a financial stake in the club. 

• Like 1

Guest Grandad

Maybe he sold his individual shares in TUF to his family to fund this project?

I'd imagine that would have been worth a fair chunk?

12 minutes ago, Animis said:

ok, thanks - on that basis, do you think DC is in this on his own?

The investment is completely independent of Thai Union. His family members all have substantial private wealth and holdings in other companies. I suspect that DC's father and brother have no interest in Sheffield Wednesday though whether they have or not is entirely a matter for them. The assumption that I use for them having no interest is the fact that in all of the time that DC has been Chairman, there is no evidence that either his father or brother have stepped inside Hillsborough.

Had they attended a match, it would obviously have been all over social media. It goes without saying that they have both attended numerous business meetings in the UK and Europe during that time and the fact that they have not even bothered to attend a match at their own family member's football club speaks volumes to me. For them to break off from a business meeting at John West or other subsidiary would have been very easy indeed.

I was reliably informed that a certain dude often seen at Hillsborough in the build up to the Chansiri takeover had a lot to do with the sale. He has been mooted as an intermediatery or middle man and has substantial connections with football investment in HK and the far east.

Guest Grandad
6 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

The investment is completely independent of Thai Union. His family members all have substantial private wealth and holdings in other companies. I suspect that DC's father and brother have no interest in Sheffield Wednesday though whether they have or not is entirely a matter for them. The assumption that I use for them having no interest is the fact that in all of the time that DC has been Chairman, there is no evidence that either his father or brother have stepped inside Hillsborough.

Had they attended a match, it would obviously have been all over social media. It goes without saying that they have both attended numerous business meetings in the UK and Europe during that time and the fact that they have not even bothered to attend a match at their own family member's football club speaks volumes to me. For them to break off from a business meeting at John West or other subsidiary would have been very easy indeed.

I was reliably informed that a certain dude often seen at Hillsborough in the build up to the Chansiri takeover had a lot to do with the sale. He has been mooted as an intermediatery or middle man and has substantial connections with football investment in HK and the far east.

I was in the Directors Box at Brentford when Jos was manager. Chansiri's Dad was definitely at that game

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

they attended the play off final  and various family members have visited Hillsborough 

evidenced by pics on the bridge etc  seem a lovely family

tbh I was excited and optimistic when 'TUF' seemed to take over then mystified when they distanced themselves and it quickly became 'a consortium'  then just DC  the involvement of other figures alluded to by Bruce at Hillsborough is a fog I'd love it to be clarified 

9 minutes ago, steelowl said:

they attended the play off final  and various family members have visited Hillsborough 

evidenced by pics on the bridge etc  seem a lovely family

tbh I was excited and optimistic when 'TUF' seemed to take over then mystified when they distanced themselves and it quickly became 'a consortium'  then just DC  the involvement of other figures alluded to by Bruce at Hillsborough is a fog I'd love it to be clarified 

I think there's a very good reason as to why it's a matter of public media record that DC was repeatedly reported as being the face/head of a "consortium'... and then ever since he has insisted it's a solo project of his own with "Chansiri" plastered everywhere.

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm glad the chairman's family come along

So they should

Nowt wrong with that at all

Everyone should come along and enjoy it

I would kind of see it as my duty. If any of my family owned a business thousands of miles away and I happened to be in the vicinity, I would visit just to show togetherness regardless of whether it was a sports club, bar, launderette or whatever. It just seems the natural thing to do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

I would kind of see it as my duty. If any of my family owned a business thousands of miles away and I happened to be in the vicinity, I would visit just to show togetherness regardless of whether it was a sports club, bar, launderette or whatever. It just seems the natural thing to do.

Exactly - it's a nice thing to do for your family member/friend

Owlstalk Shop

40 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

PP ?