Oddschecker

I have just been looking on Oddschecker only to see that SWFC are 100/1 ON to get relegated this season. Working on the principle that money talks and bookmakers tend to know how to set odds, what is heading down the line for us in terms of point deductions?
Or are the club already aware of a forth coming deduction?

3 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

I have just been looking on Oddschecker only to see that SWFC are 100/1 ON to get relegated this season. Working on the principle that money talks and bookmakers tend to know how to set odds, what is heading down the line for us in terms of point deductions?

Nobody as mentioned it before

3 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

Of course the club are aware.

DC will announce the outcome once the early bird ST offer has ended.

Guest LondonOwl313
27 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Not with any known bookie they aren't. The odds you are looking at are with some spread betting firm I've never heard of called Smarket.

I've done a fair bit of matched betting before and the odds quoted depend on the liquidity in the market. You can't put money on at that price therefore it's not a price that means anything. On betting exchanges, like S markets, it doesn't work the same as with a traditional bookie where you 'back' an outcome.

I've just looked on the back only market on Betfair and they're accepting bets on 8 clubs, of which we aren't one. Probably because they can't price it accurately given nobody knows whether there's a points deduction at all, how much it will be, and whether it will apply to this season or next.

Their odds suggest Barnsley and Hull are already gone, with Wigan favourite for the last spot and Charlton and Luton both around 3/1.

5 minutes ago, steelowl said:

BET365 have just settled my bet on us to go down as a loser  what do they know?

Isn’t it in their terms and conditions that they pay out on the last day of the season and they don’t count anything that happens after that. 

4 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

Isn’t it in their terms and conditions that they pay out on the last day of the season and they don’t count anything that happens after that. 

no the bet was supposed to be valid til end of month and included penalty  points  

Edited by steelowl