Our crowds next season

Guest Therealrealist

The club, the team are clearly in a position of transition.

It's not difficult to grasp.

Most teams go through it at some stage.

You have a decent period, some player's get older, some disinterested, some move on, there's a bit of stagnation sets in so you start to unload & rebuild. Obviously the Covid thing has made this more difficult due to the contract & timing issues not to mention our 'special situation' with a bit of a clique that seemingly built up involving people's 'favourites'.

Throw into the melting pot the potential of a points deduction and the default mid table 'team in transition' position looks worse than it is.

Some of the melt down's on here are a thing to behold and the number of people expressing their 'disinterest' & intention to 'never ever go again' is quite frankly laughable.

They seem to have no grasp of history and how quickly fortunes turn around in this game and seem to derive a certain pleasure in peddling their unmitigated doom scenario.

Anyone who's followed Wednesday for any length of time should realise this is nothing more than a tiny blip especially when compared to SOME periods in our history, where this would seem a period of relative success!!

If you're 'disinterested' fine, if you're 'never going again' fine, if your future attendance is 'conditional on DC leaving', fine. 

Would you please stop boring the rest of us with it. We've seen it all before and come out the other end more times than I care to remember.

When we DO turn it around and things pick up, probably sooner rather than later, and amazingly the 'disinterested' suddenly become 'interested' again & the 'stay aways' skulk back into Hillsborough. Please don't bore us with tales of 'how you never really intended to walk away' in much the same way as you bored us with your 'disinterested' & 'done with it' diatribes.

Edited by bigthinrob
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Guest Therealrealist
6 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

You have a decent period, some player's get older, some disinterested, some move on, there's a bit of stagnation sets in so you start to unload & rebuild. Obviously the Covid thing has made this more difficult due to the contract & timing issues not to mention our 'special situation' with a bit of a clique that seemingly built up involving people's 'favourites'.

Throw into the melting pot the potential of a points deduction and the default mid table 'team in transition' position looks worse than it is.

Some of the melt down's on here are a thing to behold and the number of people expressing their 'disinterest' & intention to 'never ever go again' is quite frankly laughable.

They seem to have no grasp of history and how quickly fortunes turn around in this game and seem to derive a certain pleasure in peddling their unmitigated doom scenario.

Anyone who's followed Wednesday for any length of time should realise this is nothing more than a tiny blip especially when compared to SOME periods in our history, where this would seem a period of relative success!!

If you're 'disinterested' fine, if you're 'never going again' fine, if your future attendance is 'conditional on DC leaving', fine. 

Would you please stop boring the rest of us with it. We've seen it all before and come out the other end.

When we DO turn it around and things pick up, probably sooner rather than later, and amazingly the 'disinterested' suddenly become 'interested' again & the 'stay aways' skulk back into Hillsborough. Please don't bore us with tales of 'how you never really intended to walk away' in much the same way as you bored us with your 'disinterested' & 'done with it' diatribes.

A 'tiny blip'..reyt 

8 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Would you please stop boring the rest of us with it. We've seen it all before and come out the other end more times than I care to remember.

That is why this forum exsists isn't it so people can discuss , negatively or otherwise about their own feelings watching their football club.

I've supported them since the early 70s and I agree we've had more torrid times but under Chansiri we now seem to be going backwards, the football especially at home is horrible to watch, the price to watch is ridiculous and we aren't getting value for money or even close ......if you can't see all this fine but stop having a dig at people that can and would like to express their opinions on here.

• Like 2

People always go on about their mates who don't bother coming anymore cause the results are bad. But let's remember that 23000 poor souls came to watch a 0-0 draw against Millwall after a 5-0 thumping by Blackburn Rovers. Home and Away we have the 4th highest attendance in the league. Only beaten by Leeds, Forest and Derby, who are all having much more exciting seasons.

I think the two carlos seasons got people giddy and raised everyone's expectations. We're now getting about the same crowds we've had since relegation from the prem. Feel free to moan cause your mate down the pub doesn't want to go anymore though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, e6owl said:

People always go on about their mates who don't bother coming anymore cause the results are bad. But let's remember that 23000 poor souls came to watch a 0-0 draw against Millwall after a 5-0 thumping by Blackburn Rovers. Home and Away we have the 4th highest attendance in the league. Only beaten by Leeds, Forest and Derby, who are all having much more exciting seasons.

I think the two carlos seasons got people giddy and raised everyone's expectations. We're now getting about the same crowds we've had since relegation from the prem. Feel free to moan cause your mate down the pub doesn't want to go anymore though. 

If you think there wer 23000 in the ground v millwall your eyes must be painted on..and the thread is about 'next season'..the clue is in the title

1 hour ago, bigthinrob said:

Yes we have had loads of nondescript seasons and will have plenty of more in there future.
I think a lot of people disillusionment comes from the ticket prices we were asked to pay on the promise this was for a promotion push.

3rd season we have been nowhere near with a promise of a few more to come.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steelman said:

Renewed my ST with great reluctance (see previous posts). Wasn't happy about the deadlne being brought forward a month and feel like the club conned me and were also dishonest about off field matters now.

Can't see spectators being allowed inside this side of Xmas, which is fine by me as it means I can have my money back. Hopefully all of it. I've realised during lockdown how much I'm spending each month following this garbage and they don't deserve it. 

Next season is my last while this idiot is running the club and to be honest, I can't say I'll miss it. 

I wouldn't call Chansiri an idiot, he came in knowing very little about football surrounding himself with so called expert advisors who know chuff all themselves and just in it to make a few quid. 

He would have been better off getting half a dozen off this forum to advise him. 

Advice from these so called experts was to sign all these top experienced players on very big salaries which wouldn't hurt us financially as we would be guaranteed promotion, in other words Chansiri gambled and lost and now we're paying the price. 

Looking back to time we signed these players very few fans was complaining, Hooper, Forestieri, Fletcher, Pudil, Wallace, Bannan etc we were all very happy thinking exciting times was ahead after years of mediocre when we were forever moaning that club showed no ambition when under previous owners/chairmen. 

Now Chansiri should know things have to change by bringing youngsters through like Alex Hunt and going for young talent like the 2 young players we've been linked with from Man City. 

That's if football still exists in year or two because we can't continue with no spectators,  a lot of clubs are going to go bust. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Cus ive got a massive circle of mates..theyve all put their shift in over the years but most of them dont go now..and winning 2 or 3 games on spin is not goin to tempt them..only people who go to home games are st holders

Stopped reading after that bollix

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Watto said:

That is why this forum exsists isn't it so people can discuss , negatively or otherwise about their own feelings watching their football club.

I've supported them since the early 70s and I agree we've had more torrid times but under Chansiri we now seem to be going backwards, the football especially at home is horrible to watch, the price to watch is ridiculous and we aren't getting value for money or even close ......if you can't see all this fine but stop having a dig at people that can and would like to express their opinions on here.

Sorry, but cutting & pasting “I’m not going back till Chansiri goes” or “I just can’t be arsed anymore” to every thread relating to absolutely anything, doesn’t really constitute a “discussion”!   

Also, let me get this right.

People have “the right to discuss, negatively or otherwise, about their own feelings”, but I don’t have the right to respond accordingly. 
Curious idea of “discussion”.

Also, please don’t use the blanket term “ The price to watch is ridiculous”.  The vast majority (90%) pay reasonable prices with ‘concessions’ among them being absolutely reasonable. So in the interests of accuracy, keep it real.

3 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Yes we have had loads of nondescript seasons and will have plenty of more in there future.
I think a lot of people disillusionment comes from the ticket prices we were asked to pay on the promise this was for a promotion push.

3rd season we have been nowhere near with a promise of a few more to come.

You see once again, I don’t get this.

This ticket price argument has run & run for years now and has almost become an indisputable urban myth, but the truth is, that for the majority, (21000 approx at the last count) the prices are decent & for concessions are almost ‘giveaway’. 

If people want to use the ‘ticket price’ argument, can they at least (for the sake of accuracy) preface it with ‘POTG’ ticket prices.

As for paying for a “promotion push”. We had two of them! It didn’t quite come off &  now the natives have got restless & spat their dummies out.

If only everything in life was guaranteed. It would make it so much easier.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

You see once again, I don’t get this.

This ticket price argument has run & run for years now and has almost become an indisputable urban myth, but the truth is, that for the majority, (21000 approx at the last count) the prices are decent & for concessions are almost ‘giveaway’. 

If people want to use the ‘ticket price’ argument, can they at least (for the sake of accuracy) preface it with ‘POTG’ ticket prices.

As for paying for a “promotion push”. We had two of them! It didn’t quite come off &  now the natives have got restless & spat their dummies out.

If only everything in life was guaranteed. It would make it so much easier.

Our season tickets are still amongst the highest in the league.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Our season tickets are still amongst the highest in the league.

My season ticket on the Kop over the last ten seasons has never been over £22 per match

Edited by daveyboy66
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Well said

And put in a far more patient and eloquent way than I could compose

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

23 hours ago, Brommers said:

If we're winning, people will go. If we're the usual meh, they won't bother. 

If we're winning people will say they'd love to go but it's too expensive. If we're the usual meh people will say they're glad they're not paying those sky high prices.

This is where killing POTG will really hit home.

Our POTG fanbase is now lost, but to lose season ticket holders too, after they have realised they were overpaying for poo , and that money is better enjoyed elsewhere is catastrophic.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

This is where killing POTG will really hit home.

Our POTG fanbase is now lost, but to lose season ticket holders too, after they have realised they were overpaying for poo , and that money is better enjoyed elsewhere is catastrophic.

I have bought 4 tickets for next season that's 1 more than last season 

• Like 1

I’ve always said season tickets are good value. Which is why I buy one. I also think people who don’t buy one can’t wings about pity prices. I commented that crowds will tumble because I don’t believe there will be the same uptake on STs mainly due to the results and tactics under monk. This season has been horrible add in the uncertainty and I can understand why people won’t renew

• Like 1