Our crowds next season

Guest Therealrealist

Guest Therealrealist

Who on earth is actually missing this nonsense..we will still sell out most away games for the day out and wee wee up..but come on..who is actually desperate to trudge down to Hillsboro to watch this?..and yes I know the few on here who will pipe up straight away but lots are now out of the habit..cud be a big problem for many clubs

32 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Who on earth is actually missing this nonsense..we will still sell out most away games for the day out and wee wee up..but come on..who is actually desperate to trudge down to Hillsboro to watch this?..and yes I know the few on here who will pipe up straight away but lots are now out of the habit..cud be a big problem for many clubs

Thought the atmosphere was quite good tonight

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Guest Therealrealist

I

9 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Thought the atmosphere was quite good tonight

It was exactly same as every other night match this season

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, Brommers said:

If we're winning, people will go. If we're the usual meh, they won't bother. 

That’s a myth people keep sayin..used to be true not so these days

57 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Likely will be a problem for many clubs as you say. To be fair we are probably in a better position than other clubs at this level as we have actually already sold some season tickets for next season before this took hold! 

Edited by Guest

Can't see crowds back at all this year..masks in shops..that will prob be for a month at least..cops /stewards telling fans to put masks on...nah

And after all that, sheff is at risk of lockdown..no doubt all large cities will be at some time.

Then the fooookin winter....

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Brommers said:

If we're winning, people will go. 

44 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

That’s a myth people keep sayin..used to be true not so these days.

How do you know? :wacko:

Edited by oldtawnyowl
  • Thanks 1

Guest Therealrealist
34 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

How do you know? :wacko:

Cus ive got a massive circle of mates..theyve all put their shift in over the years but most of them dont go now..and winning 2 or 3 games on spin is not goin to tempt them..only people who go to home games are st holders

1 hour ago, Therealrealist said:

Cus ive got a massive circle of mates..theyve all put their shift in over the years but most of them dont go now..and winning 2 or 3 games on spin is not goin to tempt them..only people who go to home games are st holders

Nobody likes a show off.

• Haha 1

Same here. We have a good group who go together home and away. Even before covid a good number were saying they wouldn’t renew season tickets if things didn’t improve. They haven’t. They’ve got worse. Football for many is a habit. It’s just something you do without thinking. But this has broke the habit.

season ticket sales, if they ever happen, will be the tell tale sign, and I think there will be a huge drop.

if that does happen Chansiri has to really got to look at pots prices, because walk ups just won’t happen unless the team are doing well, and unless we get a change of manager that won’t happen.

Dire times.

Edited by Plonk
  • Like 6

If covid19 had fully cleared and we were still in the championship, I think gates would be down a thousand or so. The price/reward ratio is very poor.  We are dull, very dull with little entertainment, excitement and spark.  The loyalists will always go, but £40+ for full soon sees you browsing other ways to blow your wages.

But covid19 hasn't cleared, and in fact is going wrong again, even in towns in England.  Factor in that many people are suffering financially (I know some are doing better too), and the footfall to other businesses are down due to fear of catching the virus and then you take several thousand more off.  Finally, masks.  Throughout this, I've not had any issues going to the shops.  Now masks are to be required, I simply won't want to be in the supermarket for long, I find them uncomfortable to the point of dread and I know I'm not alone.  At games, you would have to wear a mask without a doubt, and at games SYP will be more than happy to have your £100.  

If football is fully open with the above taken in to consideration, I think 16k tops, and potentially as low as 10k.  If we are in League One, god help us.

Dull expensive football in a mask with a coughing spluttering non-hand washer next to you.  Bring it on.