Our crowds next season

Guest Therealrealist

2 hours ago, camffiti said:

The EFL will be aware that another lockdown will be in place, before November. So the new normal will continue 

It still looks like the EFL are waiting to see how many points they need to deduct (for whatever their desired outcome is), before they make a decision on FFP. 

If they don't make it soon though, we could be starting next season on -12 ... 

How many would buy STs in that situation? 

It would be far better to dart next season -12 than take the hit this season and end up in L1, I cant see how L1 and L2 are going to operate next season and that could be a slippery slope.

2 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Not all that bothered if we don’t go back for the next year 

We’re years off turning this around, 3-4 years - the next couple of years are gonna be dire

3-4 years to take a club 8 or so places up the league ?

Talk about gloom for the sake of it !

26 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

The likes of Fox and Fletcher refused to play out the season.

Fletcher was injured, was he not after a 3 minute performance?

Agree about Fox, his departure is regrettable for all concerned as I'm sure it is for Monk, but Fox's issues (crowd on his back, apparently) happened long before Monk joined Wednesday and his form had improved under Monk.

2 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

Troublemakers?

You mean the ones that Carlos and Bruce had in the side and results were better?

Weak managers cant handle big personalities!

Yes like FF ,refuse to play, then gets patted on the head ,given a big pay rise and an ice cream and still delivered jack!

Thats how you handle big personalities 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Monk HAS handled them though
He's told them to get their boots, pick up their bags and SOD OFF

THAT is management - NOT just letting THEM run the place, do what they want, and sit sulking whilst sucking the financial life out of our football club

That's them the overpaid players who weren't good enough when asked to step up

5 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Fletcher was injured, was he not after a 3 minute performance?

Agree about Fox, his departure is regrettable for all concerned as I'm sure it is for Monk, but Fox's issues (crowd on his back, apparently) happened long before Monk joined Wednesday and his form had improved under Monk.

No crowd to get on his back and Fox still got out of the club at his first opportunity. Have to wonder if Fletcher was injured severley to end his season ? Fletcher always stated his feelings for the club but again left at the first opportunity. Could be agreed with new clubs but seems doubtful as neither have been even linked of late.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, the monk said:

Yes like FF ,refuse to play, then gets patted on the head ,given a big pay rise and an ice cream and still delivered jack!

Thats how you handle big personalities 

I seem to remember we finished 4th that season!

Renewed my ST with great reluctance (see previous posts). Wasn't happy about the deadlne being brought forward a month and feel like the club conned me and were also dishonest about off field matters now.

Can't see spectators being allowed inside this side of Xmas, which is fine by me as it means I can have my money back. Hopefully all of it. I've realised during lockdown how much I'm spending each month following this garbage and they don't deserve it. 

Next season is my last while this idiot is running the club and to be honest, I can't say I'll miss it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Carlos got them playing well for a while until his relaxed training regime caught up with him.
Did Bruce get them playing well? Only won 7 out of 18 games he was here, hardly outstanding. 

Hutchinson, Westwood and FF all good championship players when fit but all had Champions League sized egos and League 2 fitness records we are better off without.

Only better off out with them if we can replace with same quality.

Unfortunalty we replaced them with Dawson Pelupessy and Da Cruz and results would show we aren't better off without them!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

We now have a team playing for each other, supporting each other, getting better all the time, more team spirit and how much have we saved on wages?

I'd say he's handling the situation magnificently

Good riddance to the players he's booted out

You're deluded!

17 points from 63!

3rd to 16th!

Really handling the situation magnificently!

Dawson, Pelupessy and Da Cruz instead of Westwood, Hutchinson and Foriesteri?

I'm not arguing that they don't need replacing, but dont boot out good players when half way through the season we have a realistic chance of the playoffs!

and it was awful last night, no why is it getting better!

• Like 4

Guest Therealrealist
42 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

That's them the overpaid players who weren't good enough when asked to step up

The players still here are overpaid and not good enough to step up

10 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Cus ive got a massive circle of mates..theyve all put their shift in over the years but most of them dont go now..and winning 2 or 3 games on spin is not goin to tempt them..only people who go to home games are st holders

Maybe canvass opinion outside of this cosy little circle of mates then.

Sounds just like the remainer's before the referendum, who were convinced they were going to win because 'everyone they spoke to on Twitter' agreed with them.

Or like the guy minutes before polls closed on election night who proclaimed that Corbyn was going to win by a landslide because he didn't know one single person who wasn't going to vote for him.

It seems to be a modern day phenomenon where people convince themselves of things because their 'bubble' all share the same opinion, when in the big outside world other people have totally opposite viewpoints.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

You're deluded!

17 points from 63!

3rd to 16th!

Really handling the situation magnificently!

Dawson, Pelupessy and Da Cruz instead of Westwood, Hutchinson and Foriesteri?

I'm not arguing that they don't need replacing, but dont boot out good players when half way through the season we have a realistic chance of the playoffs!

and it was awful last night, no why is it getting better!

Yeah Dawson was dire last night.

Re the other three.

Have to feel that ship has not only sailed, it has disembarked & sailed out of sight, run aground, been Covid isolated in the middle of the ocean for weeks and the ship towed to harbour & broken up for scrap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Not missed it once. Can't even be bothered to listen to the commentary on the radio. Over paid footballers that can't do the basics who look gormless as other teams out play us week after week. Every season you see the same players with the same weaknesses which they are either to thick or proud to improve on. This season we have scored 18 goals scored at home in 22 games, 18 sodding goals, not much better than the rubbish we watched in 2014-15 and just 53 wins out of 114 home games over the last 5 seasons. That really is something to get excited over when you consider the money wasted on poor signings and the high cost of having to watch this crap, No I've not missed it one bit and there will be many that will have simply got out of the habit of going which will be reflected when supporters are eventually allowed back in grounds.

there as to be more to it than the players being gormless./hopeless ...they go away and play well scoring plenty of goals and yet at home its the complete opposiite ....why i dont know but i doubt its because they are gormless or dont care 

14 minutes ago, torryowl said:

there as to be more to it than the players being gormless./hopeless ...they go away and play well scoring plenty of goals and yet at home its the complete opposiite ....why i dont know but i doubt its because they are gormless or dont care 

Some might call it ball watching. I call it gormless.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

We now have a team playing for each other, supporting each other, getting better all the time, more team spirit and how much have we saved on wages?

I'd say he's handling the situation magnificently

Good riddance to the players he's booted out

You are deluded, have you seen our results and performances this year.