Poor old Clive you have to feel for him.

16 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Delighted by this, always hated his commentary, with all his prepared soundbites. Don't like him as a person either.

Matterface is a good commentator on Talksport, great move by ITV, I won't have to dread the watching the England games on there anymore. 

Why not?

1 hour ago, Kew Owl said:

Yes, you're right of course,,the very same reason that Sir Geoffrey Boycott got the red card from his role as a cricket pundit - the usual PC brigade getting their way unfortunately

Boycott is a cantankerous, unpleasant woman beater. Shame on the 'PC brigade' for forcing him out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kew Owl said:

Yes, you're right of course,,the very same reason that Sir Geoffrey Boycott got the red card from his role as a cricket pundit - the usual PC brigade getting their way unfortunately

Think Boycott went just a little to far...don't you.

Clive Tildsley "sad" because of losing the role of ITV football commentator

Clive Tildsley: "I love this job and it's done".
"I don't know why this decision was made," said Clive Tildsley, ITV's chief football commentator "upset, angry" and "surprised" for the loss.

Tildsley, who has been searching for ITV's best games for 22 years, will replace Sam Matterface from TalkSport early next season.

ITV thanked Tildsley for "working perfect", saying he would still comment "especially in major tournaments".

Tildsley said he did not give up.

"I was notified about three weeks ago, so I understand this decision, but I still don't understand. To be honest, ITV's decision is not mine." I said.

"Sorry, angry, confused ... I will be asked to comment on the Euro 2020 final ... but for now I will not comment on the upcoming big matches of England and I will remember. them, I love this job and I love this job and job ".

Tildsley asked commentators to examine racial patterns
"Why? I don't know, I don't know exactly why this decision was made ... I have no health issues ... I didn't do anything wrong ... I'm also a problem. In terms of points of view like everyone else, I totally understand

"I fully respect ITV's right to change minds. ITV is very good for me and yes, I will continue to be the number two commentator, but let me tell you, I didn't give up. I even don't even think about retirement.

Sam Matterface will continue to be TalkSport's best football commentator for his role in ITV
"In this country, thousands of people are experiencing more severe losses and disappointments. I'm a happy child," Tildsley said. "I love my job and I have a lot of work, so I don't explain or do anything, it's not a serious problem.

"I just told you that I'm very, very disappointed. I don't know why I changed. I'm fine, talented, I will remember more than I will miss the matches. Champions League and that's all. . "

"I'm glad you're still with us."
ITV added that "it managed millions of spectators as one of the most popular sports voices in the Champions League, European Championship and World Cup finals."

They say that with the role of Matterface in ITV, Talksport will still be the best football commentator.

He also interpreted ITV's Ice Dance program.

ITV Sport Director Niall Sloan said: "On behalf of ITV Sport, I would like to thank Clive for her excellent work in interpreting some of the best examples of the world career throughout the perfect career of him. We are very satisfied. many other situations in the future. "

ITV added that Matterface, who maintained TalkSport's main football commentator, regularly commented on ITV and worked to cover many major tournaments, including the 2018 World Cup.

Many sports TV stations have voiced support for Tildsley. Sky Sports host Jeff Stelling wrote: "There are [live and good] exercises in the UK airwaves.

The BBC host thanked Gary Lineker Tildsley, Match of the Day.

2 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Think Boycott went just a little to far...don't you.

I dont think Boycott was dropped from TMS.

More that he is 80 this year, had major heart surgery recently and is sensible in the present circumstances to have him shielded.

Think Clive Tyldesley comes across as a bit whinging in that video.

Like any job in football someone will come along eventually and say you are being replaced. 

Always found his soundbites a bit too staged myself.

3 hours ago, Carbone said:

Clive Tildsley "sad" because of losing the role of ITV football commentator

Clive Tildsley: "I love this job and it's done".
"I don't know why this decision was made," said Clive Tildsley, ITV's chief football commentator "upset, angry" and "surprised" for the loss.

Tildsley, who has been searching for ITV's best games for 22 years, will replace Sam Matterface from TalkSport early next season.

ITV thanked Tildsley for "working perfect", saying he would still comment "especially in major tournaments".

Tildsley said he did not give up.

"I was notified about three weeks ago, so I understand this decision, but I still don't understand. To be honest, ITV's decision is not mine." I said.

"Sorry, angry, confused ... I will be asked to comment on the Euro 2020 final ... but for now I will not comment on the upcoming big matches of England and I will remember. them, I love this job and I love this job and job ".

Tildsley asked commentators to examine racial patterns
"Why? I don't know, I don't know exactly why this decision was made ... I have no health issues ... I didn't do anything wrong ... I'm also a problem. In terms of points of view like everyone else, I totally understand

"I fully respect ITV's right to change minds. ITV is very good for me and yes, I will continue to be the number two commentator, but let me tell you, I didn't give up. I even don't even think about retirement.

Sam Matterface will continue to be TalkSport's best football commentator for his role in ITV
"In this country, thousands of people are experiencing more severe losses and disappointments. I'm a happy child," Tildsley said. "I love my job and I have a lot of work, so I don't explain or do anything, it's not a serious problem.

"I just told you that I'm very, very disappointed. I don't know why I changed. I'm fine, talented, I will remember more than I will miss the matches. Champions League and that's all. . "

"I'm glad you're still with us."
ITV added that "it managed millions of spectators as one of the most popular sports voices in the Champions League, European Championship and World Cup finals."

They say that with the role of Matterface in ITV, Talksport will still be the best football commentator.

He also interpreted ITV's Ice Dance program.

ITV Sport Director Niall Sloan said: "On behalf of ITV Sport, I would like to thank Clive for her excellent work in interpreting some of the best examples of the world career throughout the perfect career of him. We are very satisfied. many other situations in the future. "

ITV added that Matterface, who maintained TalkSport's main football commentator, regularly commented on ITV and worked to cover many major tournaments, including the 2018 World Cup.

Many sports TV stations have voiced support for Tildsley. Sky Sports host Jeff Stelling wrote: "There are [live and good] exercises in the UK airwaves.

The BBC host thanked Gary Lineker Tildsley, Match of the Day.

Was that written by a 5 year old?

8 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

He was on the Quickly Kevin podcast recently and came across as a right arrogant fanny. Really full of himself.

And yet you prefer Sam Matterface!