Tom Lees

Latest on Tom Lees

The positive was that Tom's scan came back good which is good for us and him.

We'll be dictated by his feeling on when he feels he can return.

We're hopeful he'll be back in by some point next week and we'll see from there.

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Mate - you really really REALLY need to get over being blocked by Garry Monk for posting negative stuff towards him

It's not Monk that's at fault there it's YOU

YOU and YOU alone

I'm sorry but you keep bringing it up like someone who's been jilted by their girlfriend for their best mate

It's getting tedious now to keep seeing you post this gif as though we're supposed to be impressed with it

You're the one saying you'll never ever back Garry Monk

You're the one saying you want us to get relegated just so we can get rid of Monk

We've heard you

We've seen the gif

We know you've been blocked by Garry Monk

And you know what? I bet pretty much every single sane person out there would side with Monk on this one

Last one from me and I’m gone. What have you honestly seen that makes you think a) we’re going to stay up with this manager in charge? and b) that he’s the right man for the rebuild whatever division we’re in next season?

It is very clear to anyone who is prepared to calmly do a bit of research/reading what has happened at our football club.

It is much easier though to just blame and berate the current manager.

Edited by sonofbert2
  • Like 6

Just now, Jim said:

Last one from me and I’m gone. What have you honestly seen that makes you think a) we’re going to stay up with this manager in charge? and b) that he’s the right man for the rebuild whatever division we’re in next season?

I'm not debating this with you mate

You've said you won't back him even if he turns it around
You've said you want Sheffield Wednesday relegated so we can get rid of Garry Monk 

So nope. Not discussing it with you

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I'm not debating this with you mate

You've said you won't back him even if he turns it around
You've said you want Sheffield Wednesday relegated so we can get rid of Garry Monk 

So nope. Not discussing it with you

Show me where I’ve said I want us relegated. I might have said we will get relegated but have I said I want us to get relegated but then you did say yesterday that I had posted hate for Garry Monk and I hadn’t done that either? 

31 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm not seeing a lack of effort or application right now.

I'm seeing a very threadbare squad of footballers putting a shift in, competing well in games, but lacking quality at key moments.

Footballs about attaining points 

We've just lost another six.. and im not throwing clichés at you there.

Makes no difference if that effort cannot be turned into points.

There are players in this squad, on paper, easily able to compete with the best in this league.

So who's at fault ? It's one of the worst dives down the league in our modern history.   And...look back..I was one of the first to hope Monk had proved me wrong after the 4 points.... but what's happened again ?  

UTO

1 minute ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Footballs about attaining points 

We've just lost another six.. and im not throwing clichés at you there.

Makes no difference if that effort cannot be turned into points.

There are players in this squad, on paper, easily able to compete with the best in this league.

So who's at fault ? It's one of the worst dives down the league in our modern history.   And...look back..I was one of the first to hope Monk had proved me wrong after the 4 points.... but what's happened again ?  

UTO

Of course, and if the points tally doesn't pick back up at the start of next season, then the outcome is inevitable. I don't think many would dispute that.

However, you've alluded to our obvious issue yourself: whilst we may have a few talented individuals (although I can only really see Iorfa and Bannan being regular starters for the best teams in this league) our squad is massively understrength and incoherent. Bruce spoke of this as a long-term project, and it's hard to see it any other way.

We're having to play Liam Palmer at centre back; we don't have a single recognised left-back; all of our wingers struggle to put a decent ball into the area on a consistent basis; after all these years, we still end up turning to Nuhiu due to the lack of coherent investment in our squad...

I'm really not looking at our current squad and expecting great things. However, we look organised, well-drilled and full of effort. If we can cut out the recent individual errors, it'll be a start.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm not seeing a lack of effort or application right now.

I'm seeing a very threadbare squad of footballers putting a shift in, competing well in games, but lacking quality at key moments.

@@owlstalk can you incorporate this post I to the Owlstalk banner heading.  Like a film tag - line. 

It's the most common sense post I've seen in here in months.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

You should've seen that one that got deleted.

:duntmatter:

Well crack on and get it re-written! 

We need more common sense well thought out content. 

The reactionary wails and indulgent wallowing in prophecies of Doom are starting to grate the lemon. 

You gotta think he’s toast here. As a centre back in the modern game you’re expected to a have a bit of technical nous, and carry the ball out of defence. He can barely pass the ball sideways. Iorfa and Borner are streets ahead of him, and Palmer and even Moses are more capable on the ball 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, marcx666 said:

All well and good, if Monk stays, but, hes a habit of falling out with players and staff, then leaving, so, it's going to be interesting to say the least.

No doubt he falls out with people, just like in all walks of life, managers are unpopular with staff, usually the most vocal ones.

I’m sure Hutchinson and Westwood aren’t sharing the full story when they say they’ve no problem with Monk. 

However, I think Lees is no longer an asset, just a liability, and has been since just before CC left. 

Thanks for the good years, but we he needs to move out, ASAP.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Ebtp3LBX0AYr-DB.jpg

Ebtp3LCX0AAxa18.jpg

EcCZQFJWAAACtJ1.jpg

Stop posting evidence that makes sense and eliminates the fictional poo poo that people 'WANT' to believe.

Some posters on here just want to hear about Monk releasing COVID-19 on the world and how he has also been breeding Murder Hornets.

If its not made up it didn't happen. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Of course, and if the points tally doesn't pick back up at the start of next season, then the outcome is inevitable. I don't think many would dispute that.

However, you've alluded to our obvious issue yourself: whilst we may have a few talented individuals (although I can only really see Iorfa and Bannan being regular starters for the best teams in this league) our squad is massively understrength and incoherent. Bruce spoke of this as a long-term project, and it's hard to see it any other way.

We're having to play Liam Palmer at centre back; we don't have a single recognised left-back; all of our wingers struggle to put a decent ball into the area on a consistent basis; after all these years, we still end up turning to Nuhiu due to the lack of coherent investment in our squad...

I'm really not looking at our current squad and expecting great things. However, we look organised, well-drilled and full of effort. If we can cut out the recent individual errors, it'll be a start.

Agreed and thank you for the well written response. Ive always believed in this squad, we have all seen them play up to their abilities. That's why I get so bloody frustrated with them. I'll be happy to survive to start again next season.  Thing is, I've seen us be in a position where we couldn't possibly go down...yet get relegated. So.. it's very worrying.

Edited by quinnssweetshop
  • Like 1