Tom Lees

Just now, HarryPlopper said:

He opened his mouth.

Odd response.

Unless you can explain to us how Monk misused the word 'clinically', I'm going to have to assume that it's you who doesn't understand the word. The way he used it made perfect sense to me, but I'm always willing to learn..

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Wonder if it's the first time both Sheffield clubs are involved in the only two games on at the same time and on t.v?

Apart from when they play each other!!

It's the first time this has happened since....

Last Sunday. 

6 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

We need mentally strong players that will run through brick walls for the club and manager. 

Enough said I think. 

This is always true though.

Equally, the players don't want a manager that's going to make comments to the media that strongly undermine their integrity.

Whether there's anything to Monk's suspicion is another thing, but it should be dealt with face-to-face and kept out of public view.

7 minutes ago, cowl said:

This is always true though.

Equally, the players don't want a manager that's going to make comments to the media that strongly undermine their integrity.

Whether there's anything to Monk's suspicion is another thing, but it should be dealt with face-to-face and kept out of public view.

Unless what Monk has said is factually incorrect, I really don't see a problem with it.

Lees felt pain but the scan found nothing wrong - that's it. It doesn't undermine Lees in my eyes - players can have tight hamstrings that don't feel right without having any major issues.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Unless what Monk has said is factually incorrect, I really don't see a problem with it.

Lees felt pain but the scan found nothing wrong - that's it. It doesn't undermine Lees in my eyes - players can have tight hamstrings that don't feel right without having any major issues.

Of course it undermines him! You have to look at the response from all fans that are now questioning Lees' integrity.

There was just no need for Monk to make a point about a disparity between what Lees is reporting of the injury and what the results have detected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cowl said:

There was just no need for Monk to make a point about a disparity between what Lees is reporting of the injury and what the results have detected.

He merely said that Lees has had a scan, there was nothing clinically wrong and that they'd have to go on Tom Lees word/feelings about whether he's fit or not

Nothing wrong whatsoever in saying that

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, cowl said:

Of course it undermines him! You have to look at the response from all fans that are now questioning Lees' integrity.

I've not seen many questioning his integrity - a few on here who seemed to interpret Monk's comments as a criticism of Lees after the last match, and then again a few in this thread.

If the majority of us thought our club captain had been called out for feigning injury, I imagine the response on here would be off the charts...and rightly so.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He merely said that Lees has had a scan, there was nothing clinically wrong and that they'd have to go on Tom Lees word/feelings about whether he's fit or not

Nothing wrong whatsoever in saying that

What did you mean earlier when you referred to suspecting there'll be ‘more Tom Lees controversy’?

If you think there's nothing wrong with what Monk said then what controversy is there?

2 minutes ago, cowl said:

What did you mean earlier when you referred to suspecting there'll be ‘more Tom Lees controversy’?

Merely that he'd not travelled down with the squad so I was expecting our fans to make it a controversial thing

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I've come out with it because it's true

There's zero hatred for any player 

I don't hate any player

I've never hated any player 

If people say that I have hate for a player I'll put them right

Like I'm doing with you now 

lol

Even Bothroyd?

4 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

OK. Why is that controversial, though?

There's nothing shown up on the scan but his hamstring's feeling tight, so best not to risk it with plenty more games still to play - what am I missing here!?

It’s not interesting enough to talk about or effective ammunition to throw at the manager unless there’s some bullshit mixed in...

What is happening, is what I expected to happen. We’re got the pro-Monk camp and anti-Monk camp. 

The utter sh!tshow since Christmas and that is what it has been. The manager mouthing off left, right and centre about various issues but despite all the problems sitting on a pedestal where he is right and everyone else is wrong?

Who’s presided over the worst run under Chansiri? Who questioned Forestieri’s professionalism in public? Who froze out two of our best players in the last 10 years?  Who has basically said there’s nothing physically wrong with Lees? Who said he takes criticism on the chin even though we know that’s not quite true?

His previous jobs no matter how much his supporters dress it have followed a similar pattern, that’s why he doesn’t last long anywhere but we’ll be the club daft enough to give him the time to takes us to the National League. Utter car crash of a manager and I don’t care if anyone disagrees with me. It’s my opinion and I’m sticking to it.

Edited by Jim
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Nope.

No he isn't

You've literally just totally made that up

So what he said about the players after Wigan and Brentford, Forestieri the other week and Lees on Friday isn’t mouthing off?

I’ll leave this here as an example of the criticism he is strong enough to take on the chin. How I would describe Garry Monk’s time in charge so far as manager of #swfc. It obviously touched a nerve with him?

767500A9-8B58-430B-88AC-D9D5A45445E6.gif

4 minutes ago, Jim said:

So what he said about the players after Wigan and Brentford, Forestieri the other week and Lees on Friday isn’t mouthing off?

I’ll leave this here as an example of the criticism he is strong enough to take on the chin. How I would describe Garry Monk’s time in charge so far as manager of #swfc. It obviously touched a nerve with him?

767500A9-8B58-430B-88AC-D9D5A45445E6.gif

Mate - you really really REALLY need to get over being blocked by Garry Monk for posting negative stuff towards him

It's not Monk that's at fault there it's YOU

YOU and YOU alone

I'm sorry but you keep bringing it up like someone who's been jilted by their girlfriend for their best mate

It's getting tedious now to keep seeing you post this gif as though we're supposed to be impressed with it

You're the one saying you'll never ever back Garry Monk no matter what he does or if he turns things around

You're the one saying you want Sheffield Wednesday to get relegated just so we can get rid of Monk

We've heard you

We've seen the gif

We know you've been blocked by Garry Monk

And you know what? I bet pretty much every single sane person out there would side with Monk on this one

You're in every single Garry Monk thread just repetitively posting the same stuff, and then dipping into other threads like this one to say how you got blocked by Monk etc etc

Come on... Enough's enough if you want to be taken seriously

Owlstalk Shop