Tom Lees

I think he'll move on at the end of the season. I don't think he's been as bad as some have made out but It does feel like a natural time to leave. I agree he isn't a captain, he's never suited it. He's a good defender but when he's having to worry about others his performances take a major hit.

• Like 1

Arguably the worst captain we have had in recent history. He just exudes nothing on the pitch in terms of being a leader. It is incredible how good Loovens made him look for a few seasons.

We got him cheap so I would move on him for any average offer now. 

On 05/07/2020 at 10:56, TrickyTrev said:

I’m still convinced there will be other characters in that dressing room who are better suited to the role of club captain.

I think there are very few who aren’t better suited.

On 05/07/2020 at 17:38, Sergeant Tibbs said:

No doubt he falls out with people, just like in all walks of life, managers are unpopular with staff, usually the most vocal ones.

I’m sure Hutchinson and Westwood aren’t sharing the full story when they say they’ve no problem with Monk. 

However, I think Lees is no longer an asset, just a liability, and has been since just before CC left. 

Thanks for the good years, but we he needs to move out, ASAP.

Lees falls out with people thats true , heard he squared up to bannan once then fletcher after utd 4 2 game , but there all friends and have had hols together etc. 

19 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Arguably the worst captain we have had in recent history. He just exudes nothing on the pitch in terms of being a leader. It is incredible how good Loovens made him look for a few seasons.

We got him cheap so I would move on him for any average offer now. 

One problem he is one of our high earners 25k ,who will even offer him 10k a week now? Same goes for westwood and rhodes we are stuck with them. 

9 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

Lees falls out with people thats true , heard he squared up to bannan once then fletcher after utd 4 2 game , but there all friends and have had hols together etc. 

I was referring to Monk falling out with numerous players in the squad. It seems he has been given the same objective as Lukuhay, but I can't for the life of me work out why what seemed a tight nit unit who played for each other, turned into relegation fodder. 

P!sses me rigid when I hear Monk getting all of the blame, although I do think he has to shoulder some of the blame for our league position.

Guest paulvcooke
1 minute ago, Hotten Owl said:

Forum equivalent of clickbait nonsense opening post, leading to a terrible, nonsense filled thread, imo. Wasted 10 mins reading it, off to bed now. Grumpy..

Most of the threads he starts are the same, desperate to generate traffic I imagine.