Tom Lees

27 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

OK. Why is that controversial, though?

There's nothing shown up on the scan but his hamstring's feeling tight, so best not to risk it with plenty more games still to play - what am I missing here!?

Or he dosnt fancy sitting on the bench and has thrown the teddies out of the pram. 

Guest Therealrealist

Another one we could have sold for decent corn..no doubt he will slink away for nowt when his contract expires

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Or he dosnt fancy sitting on the bench and has thrown the teddies out of the pram. 

Why. Done it before this season.

Lees was going to play in the last match until he got injured just before the game. 

Edited by pazowl55
  • Like 1

My only concern re the tom Lees situation is that, if he were to leave at the end of this season, it would leave us very short in numbers at the back. 

If we face an embargo, the prospect of having only Odubajo as a replacement is incredibly worrying. 

Any up and coming youngsters that could be thrown in? I think we are okay for wing back, its the ‘Back Three’ where we will need to focus on strengthening, as well as  centre mid and striker 

Guest mrbluesky

Tom Lees, feels a niggle

Tom Lees, has a scan

Scan is clear

Garry Monk, believes that Tom Lees is somewhat not being truthful 

Garry Monk, tells said player

Tom Lees, disagrees 

Garry Monk, states (basically), in his opinion that said player isn`t injured to the media

Garry Monk, drops Tom Lees

Tom Lees, feels he`s injured (maybe) or Tom Lees is unhappy at the club.

Edited by mrbluesky

By comparison to our past captain’s Lees leadership qualities and inner passion are poor, that linked with a distinct drop in form and confidence on the ball really signals the end for me.

He was at his best when partnering Loovan’s but in fairness that was a few years ago now. He had shown no fight to get his position back and it’s therefore time for him to go. He won’t be missed.

Guest mrbluesky

Soooo...Tom Lees is added to the "haters list"...

Fernando Forestieri

Sam Hutchinson 

Steven Fletcher 

Tom Lees 

WHO`S NEXT, OWLSTALK!!!????...

Guest Bulgaria
23 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Glen loovens carried him all the time he was here .

No wonder he had to retire, his back would have been killing him. 

Tom Lees' form has slipped over the last two years; certainly since Jos was at the club, where the experiment with a back three brutally exposed his weaknesses. He's an old fashioned CH, and lacks composure, pace and ball distribution qualities. He also lacks leadership qualities - doesn't appear to marshal the back line or talk to the keepers. 

I wouldn't be bothered if he left this summer - time to move on to something better.

Lees could still feel like he’s carrying a knock, he has to trust his body. My concern is that Lees has stuck 2 fingers up to Monk after the presser.

The other worry would be that Lees has been around a while, he’s bound to have influence in the dressing room, Monk’s comments could have caused division within the players. I stand by what I said at the time of the presser, the question regarding Lees fitness could have been managed much better.

Sad situation to see develop - club captain not playing when manager says there's nothing medically wrong with them.

All happening when we have a depleted squad and in a period  of 2 games a week. Unless TL declares himself fully fit can't see the situation changing.