"we're going to ask him to play a lot of football"

Guest Kagoshimaowl
14 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Him and Rhodes has to continue to be the partnership in the remaining games. 

Why? Rhodes has been poo

3 minutes ago, gbear05 said:

I like Wickham as a player. In his previous spell with us, he looked too good for the Championship in my opinion. He has the potential to be brilliant in this league.

But I think we’ve been burnt too many times with giving out high wages to very talented, but injury prone players. I don’t think it’s a good strategy for us. I think it would be different if we had endless money to spare and didn’t have to rely on him week in, week out. 

I agree completely

• Like 1

I thought it was a poor decision to bring him back, but he’s been looking good since the restart.  Unfortunately we’re helping to get him fit for Palace to sell over the summer.  If our relationship with Palace is good, I think the best we can hope for is to take one or two of their youngsters on loan - they have a good record in developing young talent.

1 hour ago, jonnyowl said:

One of 4 players we cant do without along with Bannan Iorfa and Borner!

We can do without any of them as long as we sign the right replacements, nobody is irreplaceable. Wolves, Newcastle, pigs, Brighton, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Fulham all been promoted in recent years without any of those players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, domSWFC said:

He's looked good since the break. Can see him ending the season well, and making the move permanent in the summer. 

Injured start of August. The Wednesday way. 

Wouldn't mind him having his injury in pre season and catching up tbf. 

1 minute ago, 83owl said:

We can do without any of them as long as we sign the right replacements, nobody is irreplaceable. Wolves, Newcastle, pigs, Brighton, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Fulham all been promoted in recent years without any of those players.

I'm more worried about staying up this season!

For the wages he'd want, we could get 2/3 players in who we could develop and make a decent profit from 

We ain't getting that with wickham and he ain't gonna develop further imo 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I'm more worried about staying up this season!

Yes I agree they are important this season but we need to get away from the attitude of looking at players as irreplaceable, that’s what’s got us into this financial mess as it is.

In a very average championship a fit Wickham for a season woukd be the difference between bottom half and a play off push. 

Since we lost Fletcher in the New Year we looked toothless and abject with no focal point to our attacking play. 

Since the restart we have looked better and in fairness could well have six points gained rather than four. 

I feel that with a fully fit Fletcher or Wickham we would have been able to pick up at least six or seven more points in that terrible run and still be in play off contention, even with the EFL charge hanging over us. 

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Do you think we have looked better with a different pairing?

Wickham Nuhiu?

Wickham Da Cruz?

Da Cruz has done more in sub appearances than Rhodes has. No doubt about it. For me though I’d put Reach on the left and put Harris up front with Wickham.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

For me we have looked more of a team with Rhodes and Wickham playing together. 

Maybe but Rhodes has still been crap

6 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Da Cruz has done more in sub appearances than Rhodes has. No doubt about it. For me though I’d put Reach on the left and put Harris up front with Wickham.

Either Harris or Murphy up front for me. Got to be a better option than Rhodes. Play Reach out wide.