If you could put £100 quid on the outcome from EFL tribunal : What would you bet on?l

17 minutes ago, paddyowl said:

I think we're going to get shafted, 21 point deduction with other sanctions on top.

and yes i'm a "glass is half empty" kinda guy.

mate that''s not half empty that's drained dry- you've clearly been an owl for sometime 

8 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Found guilty with just a warning. 

Chansiri appeals as he doesn't like to lose and we get a 21 point deduction for wasting EFL time. 

That’s probably not as daft as it sounds - Chansiri’s personal pride probably won’t allow him to accept any guilty verdict or inference that he’s been at fault in any way whatsoever even if it only comes with a rap on the knuckles 

55 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I’m sick to death of folk making out that we’re massive high spenders...

The stadium sale that is in question prevented losses of £35m (from memory) in a single season when the FFP limit is £39m over three years. The previous accounting year saw a deficit of £20m and we could see something like that again when the current figures are published. I'd say that met the definition of high spending.

6 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

The stadium sale that is in question prevented losses of £35m (from memory) in a single season when the FFP limit is £39m over three years. The previous accounting year saw a deficit of £20m and we could see something like that again when the current figures are published. I'd say that met the definition of high spending.

It is high spending but we’re midtable compared to our peers.  The problem is the limit based on fees/wages from 2014.

17 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

It is high spending but we’re midtable compared to our peers.  The problem is the limit based on fees/wages from 2014.

Which peers are you talking about? Main problem was we didn’t sell anyone and signed 7 centre forwards all on big wages.

Leeds as an example have recouped over £50 million in player sales over the last few years from Clarke, Jansson, Roofe, Vieira, Wood and Cook

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

It’s never been about the spending, it’s about this mental accumulation of high earning players.

What was the last transfer fee we paid?

The penny looks to have dropped though, from the recent announcements about Fletch, FF et al, plus Monks interview the other day, the policy is now to sign young and hungry players who have ambitions to play higher.

Luongo was signed for a fee last summer but the last player we paid over £1 million for was Joost van Aken in 2017.

The daft thing is we were better before all the signings of 2016/17. Rhodes, Winnall, van Aken, Boyd, Abdi and Jones were all signed in that period (and you could even add Fletcher and Reach to that list). 

Now they’re nearly all gone or out of the picture and we’re playing better without them

I once worked for a company where we had financial penalties invoked for not achieving certain contractual metrics.

If anything my client wanted to do (or not do) put any metrics in danger I made sure I got, in writing, confirmation of this from the director. I then informed the right internal bodies of the plans and potential consequences before proceeding to do (or not do) the action that would otherwise invoke penalties.

I know it's completely different but I can not believe for the life of me that the actions taken were not either ratified by the EFL with proof or had eyes cast upon them by other people within SWFC to ensure that they, as a business, covered themselves for any consequence that otherwise may be forthcoming.

For all DCs critics, even he surely would not make such a cataclysmic error which would put his asset at risk

Or I'm just being naive 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steelowl said:

mate that''s not half empty that's drained dry- you've clearly been an owl for sometime 

50 years old, born an Owl....it's like banging your head on a brick wall repeatedly, thinking ,why, why, why......lol

2 hours ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

I think there’s holes in your glass mate!

21 to be exact lol

33 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

I once worked for a company where we had financial penalties invoked for not achieving certain contractual metrics.

If anything my client wanted to do (or not do) put any metrics in danger I made sure I got, in writing, confirmation of this from the director. I then informed the right internal bodies of the plans and potential consequences before proceeding to do (or not do) the action that would otherwise invoke penalties.

I know it's completely different but I can not believe for the life of me that the actions taken were not either ratified by the EFL with proof or had eyes cast upon them by other people within SWFC to ensure that they, as a business, covered themselves for any consequence that otherwise may be forthcoming.

For all DCs critics, even he surely would not make such a cataclysmic error which would put his asset at risk

Or I'm just being naive 

That's what my thoughts are. That somebody at the EFL signed everything off and it's all good. Then some clubs looking over their shoulders at Lge1 said we might have get out of jail card here and complained to the EFL who had to be seen to be doing something. If it was so cut and dried surely the verdict would be in by now. Could be that talks are going on to find a verdict that is acceptable to all concerned so they don't have to start the appeals process. 

13 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

9 points max just like Birmingham otherwise appeal will already have biased rulings involved. So 9 max we stay up chansiri sticks middle finger up EFL @rse gives monk a war chest to get us up. Chansiri then sells us done and dusted. I cant see us getting a transfer ban otherwise we would have pulled all stops to keep fletcher and fox for numbers we cant manage next season on such a depleted squad so surely confident not a transfer embargo 

The EFL accepts that a club needs at least 23 experienced proffessionals to fairly compete in the Championship so even if we're under an embargo we'll be allowed to sign players to take us up to that number. However there is a limit on wages & total cost to the club of any individual signing.

19 minutes ago, darra said:

That's what my thoughts are. That somebody at the EFL signed everything off and it's all good. Then some clubs looking over their shoulders at Lge1 said we might have get out of jail card here and complained to the EFL who had to be seen to be doing something. If it was so cut and dried surely the verdict would be in by now. Could be that talks are going on to find a verdict that is acceptable to all concerned so they don't have to start the appeals process. 

This is the thing; if we use my analogy again, if my client tried to invoke a small penalty despite me having assurances from them, I would refuse point blank and point to the proof I had.

My worry is that the EFL may have come to us with a small points deduction months ago and DC is refusing to budge which could either work well or very badly for us.

I'm hoping that the entire thing has been conducted with professionalism and proof but am more worried it might turn into whose got the bigger balls

57 minutes ago, mogbad said:

The EFL accepts that a club needs at least 23 experienced proffessionals to fairly compete in the Championship so even if we're under an embargo we'll be allowed to sign players to take us up to that number. However there is a limit on wages & total cost to the club of any individual signing.

Ohhh learn summat new every day well tbf then I see that as a little blessing in disguise. It'll make chansiri be smarter when dishin out wages etc to sign new players etc