If you could put £100 quid on the outcome from EFL tribunal : What would you bet on?l

Guest Grandad

1st July: Announced that we have been given a 21 point deduction, all suspended, and warned against future breeches of FFP

31st July: Club reveal latest accounts showing a £50m loss

3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

1st July: Announced that we have been given a 21 point deduction, all suspended, and warned against future breeches of FFP

31st July: Club reveal latest accounts showing a £50m loss

Mitigating circumstances - Borukov is now off the pay roll.

I’m an eternal optimist so I’m hoping that the fact that everything we did in relation to FFP/the accounts was overseen by the EFL due to our previous “soft embargo” and that our argument was based on that.

We can’t have done anything wrong if it was signed off as part of that process therefore some fudge of a punishment that saves face for both parties and shuts Gibson up.

Play-Offs here we come!

A last minute settlement is reached so no verdict is actually given so everyone 'saves face'.

The problem is, what we did was dodgy as hell but the EFL seem to have cocked up and someone gave permission when they shouldn't.

A compromised 6 point suspended deduction in a settlement will end up appealing to both parties when it becomes obvious neither can be confident of victory.

IF we get points deducted and I still hope we wont

it will have to be applied to this season or else they will have all sorts of legal sh*t incoming from the clubs at the bottom who are hoping for a life belt 

Guest Grandad
12 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

I’m absolutely convinced that the information that came to light ‘after the event’, was Gibson stamping his feet and probably threatening legal action of his own, the EFL then thought, let’s go for the naive foreigner, don’t want to upset Mr Gibson.

The EFL have got themselves in a right fluffery buffery!

Do you honestly believe that?

The EFL have a unique opportunity for all this stuff to go away and to rethink its P&S system so that bigger clubs are allowed to run themselves as modern businesses. If an owner can afford it then it's sustainable...it might not be profitable but the current rules don't require it to be profitable. It should be about affordability.

So for me, the outcome will leave us in the Championship with a clean slate for next season onwards.

Warnock won't send us down, we will if we don't pick up more points. I think we are playing well enough to pick up the points we need.

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Do you honestly believe that?

I do too.

We couldn’t fart without EFL’s authorisation, it was part of the deal to keep us from being properly punished and was put in place because the whole league and transfer market was in danger of total collapse due to spending limits based on 2014 prices.

Our FFP Compliance Consultant recognised a loophole to avoid breaching those ridiculous limits as did other clubs.  There were a high number of teams in the Championship also operating under EFL “audit” and our neighbours, don’t forget, were in a previous embargo that surprisingly none of the local press knew about and also borrowed money from the Bin Ladens to avoid a winding up order.

I’m sick to death of folk making out that we’re massive high spenders and our Chairman is the dodgiest bloke that ever ran a club.

Yes, he’s made some big mistakes, yes we bought someshite and yes we are partly responsible for the situation we’ve found ourselves in but the real problem is the rules and the modern game especially at our level.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

the real problem is the rules and the modern game especially at our level.

yes certainly no supporter of the present owner

but agree with the premise this is driven by gov agenda aand new efl chair and other clubs threatening efl to take action 

the disparity the parachute system creates is a factor too

• Like 1