If you could put £100 quid on the outcome from EFL tribunal : What would you bet on?l

Do we think the chairman would accept a relatively minor punishment that didn’t affect our league status (3 points say or a suspended deduction) in order to draw a line under the matter or would he continue to fight it so as not to lose face if he believes he’s done nothing wrong. 

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

If we are found guilty why would they give a suspended points deduction? 

Because it's a grey area that has been exploited a loophole the EFL will then close. Think the EFL have made a mess of it, anyway will find out soon enough.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

Do we think the chairman would accept a relatively minor punishment that didn’t affect our league status (3 points say or a suspended deduction) in order to draw a line under the matter or would he continue to fight it so as not to lose face if he believes he’s done nothing wrong. 

I think he would continue to fight it. 

1 hour ago, darra said:

As others have said Nick DeMarco isn't used to.losing and having him fighting the case makes me think it could be good news.

He is certainly as good as it gets in his field, but if the evidence against us his strong then even he could struggle, and his talents may have been procured more as a means of damage limitation. Argue the case for mitigating circumstances, lack of clarity in the advice given to us by the ELF, push for a lenient punishment etc etc.

Or as you say, he may have blown the opposition out of the water and we are in the clear.

Let's be honest, he gets paid either way.

£100 FREE bet!

Where do come to for the money?

I will knock on the door, you leave it in an envelope on the step,

I will observe all social distancing rules

wait till you go in to pick it up and I'll even wear a mask!

Awaiting your address.

1 minute ago, Sheff74 said:

He is certainly as good as it gets in his field, but if the evidence against us his strong then even he could struggle, and his talents may have been procured more as a means of damage limitation. Argue the case for mitigating circumstances, lack of clarity in the advice given to us by the ELF, push for a lenient punishment etc etc.

Or as you say, he may have blown the opposition out of the water and we are in the clear.

Let's be honest, he gets paid either way.

I agree but you don't become the best in your field by losing cases.

9 points max just like Birmingham otherwise appeal will already have biased rulings involved. So 9 max we stay up chansiri sticks middle finger up EFL @rse gives monk a war chest to get us up. Chansiri then sells us done and dusted. I cant see us getting a transfer ban otherwise we would have pulled all stops to keep fletcher and fox for numbers we cant manage next season on such a depleted squad so surely confident not a transfer embargo 

8 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

9 points max just like Birmingham otherwise appeal will already have biased rulings involved. So 9 max we stay up chansiri sticks middle finger up EFL @rse gives monk a war chest to get us up. Chansiri then sells us done and dusted. I cant see us getting a transfer ban otherwise we would have pulled all stops to keep fletcher and fox for numbers we cant manage next season on such a depleted squad so surely confident not a transfer embargo 

Or you could read that as us realising that we are also due to exceed FFP for last years accounts too, so need to drastically trim the wage bill. Remember the ground sale went into 17/18, and only just kept our heads above water. 18/19 could be the next hurdle to get over, even if we get off with the charge.

We would also be daft to assume anything re a transfer embargo, as lawyers on each side will only have got a sense late last week how the verdict might go, once all the evidence had been submitted, and arguments made to the panel.  

I think it's starting to look like we're staying up regardless of a points deduction so they'll probably just hit us with another transfer embargo which would hurt us significantly more.

Edited by TrueOwl
  • Like 1