THE EFL HEARING THREAD

3 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

Just a thought, but I wonder whether we've already been found not to have broken the rules. But that result was thought to be too controversial to relegated teams. So the announcement is delayed to take the heat off things.

I hope you are right, but why would an independent panel care what other teams thought?

20 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Wigans hearing on Friday... 

Please let them off, please let them off and send Barnsley  down

Isn’t it just a hearing though ?  Then will get sent off to one of these panels to decide 

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Isn’t it just a hearing though ?  Then will get sent off to one of these panels to decide 

I thought it was their appeal

Think the decision will be final and binding

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

I thought it was their appeal

Think the decision will be final and binding

Yeh think so too. 

Funnt init, Barnsley will be right on the EFL’s case on two fronts. 

YOU CANT LET WIGAN OFF

EFL - yes we can. And we have. 

RIGHT, GET THE WENDIES SORTED THEN

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

I hope you are right, but why would an independent panel care what other teams thought?

The EFL clearly do as they brought the hearing forward due to pressure from other teams? They probably even brought the original charges due to pressure from other teams?

Look at Barnsley for instance, safe as things stand but still getting their knickers in a twist about the way the EFL govern their members?

As I’ve said before if we’ve been found guilty of the charges then the EFL wouldn’t have wasted any time in making some sort of announcement at the very least?

Edited by Jim

Just now, royalowlisback said:

Don't think Wigan have any chance with their appeal. What happened to them is hideous, but it is pretty black and white what happens when you go into admin.

Yeh think so too. I don’t think it’s even proven yet what exactly the dodgy owner has even done or if he benefited from the relegation. 

Just now, Jim said:

The EFL clearly do as they brought the hearing forward due to pressure from

other teams? They probably even brought the original charges due to pressure from other teams?

Look at Barnsley for instance, safe as things stand but still getting their knickers in a twist about the way the EFL govern their members?

As I’ve said before if we’ve been found guilty of the charges then the EFL wouldn’t have wasted any time in making some sort of announcement at the very least?

But the EFL and the panel are two entirely different entities, neither of which will care about the other's sensibilities. 

1 minute ago, Jim said:

The EFL clearly do as they brought the hearing forward due to pressure from other teams? They probably even brought the original charges due to pressure from other teams?

I don’t think our case was brought forward at all. I remember months ago it was being touted as going ahead in July, that was before Barnsley / Boro started spouting off in the press. 

2 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

I don’t think our case was brought forward at all. I remember months ago it was being touted as going ahead in July, that was before Barnsley / Boro started spouting off in the press. 

It was in for the end of July. It instead happened in June. It was brought forward.

36 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

To clarify... the EFL knows the results of the independent panel, but delayed results...

Help! this is how rumours start. It's just a hypothesis!

2 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

To clarify... the EFL knows the results of the independent panel, but delayed results...

Help! this is how rumours start. It's just a hypothesis!

oooh you scamp 

lol

But lets be honest, there’s no way our case is still ongoing. Whatever the reason is for the delay in announcing a decision - it’s not that they’re still looking at evidence. 

1 hour ago, Nero said:

They've got a fekkin nerve..

Bournemouth fined £7.6m after breaching Financial Fair Play rules

By Sky Sports News HQ

13:59, UK, Tuesday 03 May 2016

Image:Bournemouth posted a £38.3m loss in 2014/15

Bournemouth will have to pay a fine of £7.6m after they broke Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules on their way to securing promotion to the Premier League last season.

Clubs are allowed a 'maximum deviation' of £6m per season without punishment under the FFP agreement but the Cherries posted a £38.3m loss in 2014/15 as they won the Sky Bet Championship.

The was an increase from a loss of £10.3m the previous season, predominantly due to player and staff wages, which rose to £30.4m, a figure more than double the club's turnover of £12.9m.

Plucky  little Bournemouth, doing it on a shoestring.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Don't think Wigan have any chance with their appeal. What happened to them is hideous, but it is pretty black and white what happens when you go into admin.

Sadly tis true,even though the EFL's vetting procedure has put them in this position.

• Like 1

Wasn’t Di Marco representing Derby too? And he’s now on holiday according to Twitter, so that would suggest Derby’s hearing is finished too. Rumour was that they were awaiting Derby’s result to announce them together? So now what’s the hold up?

11 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Wasn’t Di Marco representing Derby too? And he’s now on holiday according to Twitter, so that would suggest Derby’s hearing is finished too. Rumour was that they were awaiting Derby’s result to announce them together? So now what’s the hold up?

Purely guesswork but - if it is the same holdup with us and Derby, wouldn’t that point towards the valuation of the grounds involved? I’m led to believe that’s where our 2 charges were similar. 

19 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Yes but presenting our argument and sitting in the deliberation of the panel are 2 different things 

he's done his job and now it's out of his hands 

• Like 1