THE EFL HEARING THREAD

3 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Not answered my question.

If we get a points deduction, there’s a decent chance we’ll get relegated.

How you can then say, “the only table that matters is the one right now” is laughable.

Christ alive,you asked a question of me on a "what if",never mind what ifs,there's a laugh to be had about being safe

Edited by BARMYARMY2010
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mr Tom said:

yes i would 

list the games including Boxing Day 

League 

P7

W2

D0

L5

F8

A14

Pts 6 from 21

Ever since he took over I am yet to be convinced, his football is awful and I've stopped enjoying the sport and club i love.

I've asked many a Monk supporter to explain to me why we should keep him, not heard anything of note. if you can enlighten me please do so as i just cannot see it

EDIT

my earlier post had us losing to QPR, we won 2-1

Hopefully Monk will be gone after the restarted season ends. I too don't see a single reason why he should be kept. He's done nothing in this League and he's never stayed at a club longer than a year. At times the football as been as dire and results have been as poor as near Carlos' demise and whilst Jos was here.

I'd freshen things up in the summer, bring in a new manager, coaches and a DOF, and rebuild with a younger and more physical squad. Things need to change on and off the pitch. Hopefully the hearing goes our way, and DC learns from it. If we're smarter and learn from mistakes, then it could be a good chance to rebuild the squad but I wouldn't trust Monk to be the right man to build something long term with. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Yes of course,but we haven't as yet have we,there's no definite we will either,so taking that into account we are safe yes ?

So “the only table that matters is the one right now” is actually not relevant if we get relegated via a points deduction then.

You can admit that you were wrong.

4 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

So “the only table that matters is the one right now” is actually not relevant if we get relegated via a points deduction then.

You can admit that you were wrong.

You're being obtuse now aren't you,what i said was as it stands us losing our last two games we are safe,nobody can catch us points wise to relegate us..........right 

You being proven right re points deduction will mean i'm wrong,as of yet we haven't got one,will look forward to you being one of the first (many) to come back with this post/thread even to say "told ya so",...deal ?

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Definetly mate. If we lose 9 or 12 pts we will be in the bottom three as it stands. Either 4 or 1 pt from safety. 

And Fulham can still get automatic promotion, do they won't be fielding a weakened team against us on Saturday. 

West Brom play at Huddersfield on Friday night, if they win Fulham can't catch them.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

You're being obtuse now aren't you,what i said was as it stands us losing our last two games we are safe,nobody can catch us points wise to relegate us..........right 

You being proven right re points deduction will mean i'm wrong,as of yet we haven't got one,will look forward to you being one of the first (many) to come back with this post/thread even to say "told ya so",...deal ?

I stand corrected, you obviously can’t admit when you are wrong.

You said “the only table that matters is the one right now”

My reply was

59 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Correction, the only table that matters is the one at the END of the season.

I fail to see how you can argue anything else.

• Like 3

Guest mkowl
6 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

And inform Wigan on Saturday.

I’d prefer our two fixtures 

And playing out my scenario above basically if we got a 6 point deduction and we play Boro last a point each would see both of us safe 

You just know the Dingles will beat Leeds now 

1 minute ago, Westfield Owl said:

I stand corrected, you obviously can’t admit when you are wrong.

You said “the only table that matters is the one right now”

My reply was

I fail to see how you can argue anything else.

Did i reply by saying "yes,of course" ?

Then you went on this what if points deduction spiel

7 minutes ago, mogbad said:

West Brom play at Huddersfield on Friday night, if they win Fulham can't catch them.

Spot on, that could be huge for us as it would change Fulham’s attitude over night from desperate to win, to desperate not to get injuries or suspensions.

Just realised that a draw on Friday would also mean Fulham can’t catch them 

Edited by Owls-Fan

39 minutes ago, shez owl said:

I still think we’ll win, but if not I do think 6 is the most we’ll get. I just think anything more drags this to a place the efl do not want or have the capacity to go to.

The punishment for misconduct, which is what we are charged with can be a whole lot worse than 6pts.

• Like 1