THE EFL HEARING THREAD

9 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Can't see Wigan getting a points deduction this season, they have appealed it and the EFL won't have enough time to get anything sorted before the end of this season.

But isn't going into administration an 'automatic' 12 point deduction ?

Guest Mr Tom
Just now, Miffed said:

This thread would probably be 399 pages shorter if you removed the posts complaining that nobody knows owt 

OT would have 5 posters, all the owner. Who by virtue of being the owner makes up his own rules so it allows him to stay on

:ghoulguy:

Guest Mr Tom
1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

Derby, Wigan and possibly us...then you have ull, luton, brum and barnsley

You've got to be very very shyte, to get relegated this season

What about Reading?

2 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I don't think they have a choice, if they finish more 12 points clear of relegation the 12 points come off at start of next season.

It's only carried over to next season if they're relegated without a points deduction. If they rubbish above the bottom 3 this season the deduction comes off this season.

3 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I don't think they have a choice, if they finish more 12 points clear of relegation the 12 points come off at start of next season.

No it doesn't, the 12 points come off this season unless they are relegated without the -12, that cant now happen, so the points come off this season, and as i said it looks like they could even cope with that

Just now, Ray Von shabba said:

But isn't going into administration an 'automatic' 12 point deduction ?

That's what the rules say but they are still appealing according to their administrator,  "The only grounds we have is 'force majeure'," said Krasner. "This situation was totally unexpected, so we believe this case applies."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53318930#:~:text=Wigan Athletic administrator Gerald Krasner,bottom three in the Championship.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bradowl said:

No it doesn't, if Wigan finish in the relegation places the 12 points comes off next season (they wont/cant mathematically)

If they finish above the relegation places they get deducted 12.

The thing to remember is that the deduction doesn't happen until the end of the season!

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

If there's no decision by the end of the season I don't see how they can relegate the bottom 3 teams then at a later date say oops we've made a mistake one of you can go back up again.

God knows what their thinking is mate, it’s the EFL we’re talking about here! 😂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cameroon0wl5 said:

Need Birmingham to beat Charlton tonight! 🤞🏼

0v0 at half time. Definitely could do with Brum winning this. If we did get the -12 it would leave us 3 points from safety if Charlton even get a draw (I think). Obviously that could change if Wigan get -12 but if they carry on as they are that won’t send them down (don’t think -12 right now would even put them in the bottom 3)Such a messy end of the season. Going to be a very stressful week! 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Patheard said:

No it doesn't, if Wigan finish in the relegation places the 12 points comes off next season (they wont/cant mathematically)

If they finish above the relegation places they get deducted 12.

The thing to remember is that the deduction doesn't happen until the end of the season!

So that is why they was so determined last night. lol

Guest Mr Tom
1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

0v0 at half time. Definitely could do with Brum winning this. If we did get the -12 it would leave us 3 points from safety if Charlton even get a draw (I think). Obviously that could change if Wigan get -12. Such a messy end of the season. Going to be a very stressful week! 

Then Colin rocks up at Hillsborough, he'll be rubbing his hands at the thought already