THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Guest Mcguigan
2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Our only saving grace is the Hunt transfer (£1.5m fee and wages), Rhodes wages out and loan fee and I think we also got a 6 figure promotion bonus (£4m ish), Loovens and Wallace left, I don't know what they were on and the nominal fees for Clare and Hirst (£0.5m). Could be as much as £7-10m depending but we then sign Onamah and hector both were on good wages and it depends how much we paid. 

I would be surprised if the EFL do not know the figures as it is one of the EFL requirements each season. But I also think we will be very tight. Then next season the £20m loss drops of the calculation, but the season after so does the profit and if this season is bad we could once again be in the brown stuff.

Sold on 1st of July, so that profit went in the 17/18 accounts when we extended them to the end of July.

1 minute ago, Essix Blue said:

Or maybe there is no conspiracy or stitch up - and there is a genuine reason for the delay 

So, what I think you’ve done there, consciously or unconsciously, is to insinuate that I’m trying to cause worry, which I’m not.

See all my previous posts in this thread, doesn’t take long, where I repeatedly state I am positive about the outcome. One of the few who has repeatedly suggested the club should have nothing to worry about.

2 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

The sale of Joao, Bruce compo (plus savings on him and his assistants' wages) and getting Jones, Boyd and Hooper off the wage bill (apparently all on huge waves) will have helped. The £37m 3 year rolling might indeed be tight but I reckon we'll be within it.

Did we actually get Bruce compo??? 

Guest Mcguigan
2 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

The sale of Joao, Bruce compo (plus savings on him and his assistants' wages) and getting Jones, Boyd and Hooper off the wage bill (apparently all on huge waves) will have helped. The £37m 3 year rolling might indeed be tight but I reckon we'll be within it.

All in the 19/20 accounts, not the ones still outstanding.

4 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

Bruce compo is in this years accounts, not 18/19

2 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

So, what I think you’ve done there, consciously or unconsciously, is to insinuate that I’m trying to cause worry, which I’m not.

See all my previous posts in this thread, doesn’t take long, where I repeatedly state I am positive about the outcome. One of the few who has repeatedly suggested the club should have nothing to worry about.

I’m not having a go at you. Some people (like me) don’t read every post in this thread. 

Im merely stating what I think, that there is no stitch up or conspiracy. I also think we’ll get a points deduction. 

But that’s just my thoughts. 

7 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I’m sure this has been answered so apologies if so but if for example we get a 12 point deduction I’m sure we will appeal it. Will the 12 points be taken away as soon at the initial decision has been made or does it wait until after the appeal? 

I think Birmingham deduction happened straight away, but as we have a week of the season left it would set a very unhealth precedence with the football league if they can effectively relegate a team on their decision.

Definitely when you think the likes of Bournemouth and Villa could be championship teams next season.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I’m convinced a points deduction of some sort is coming.

If indeed the verdict is delivered this week, with Fulham on Saturday we REALLY need to pick up 3 points tonight.

With Wigan due to be deducted 12 points, we are currently 11 points above the bottom 3, of by the time of the announcement we were 14 points above the bottom 3 that would be huge!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

I’m not having a go at you. Some people (like me) don’t read every post in this thread. 

Im merely stating what I think, that there is no stitch up or conspiracy. I also think we’ll get a points deduction. 

But that’s just my thoughts. 

Fair enough. I get twitchy nowadays mate after having been set up so many times by others with their own interpretations of what I said or meant. 

We’re cool.

7 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I’m sure this has been answered so apologies if so but if for example we get a 12 point deduction I’m sure we will appeal it. Will the 12 points be taken away as soon at the initial decision has been made or does it wait until after the appeal? 

It’s a good point, I wonder if anyone does know. 

Just now, theowlsman said:

Fair enough. I get twitchy nowadays mate after having been set up so many times by others with their own interpretations of what I said or meant. 

We’re cool.

I’ve been on here for 20 years, I’m well used to it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

My mistake. Begs the question why bother with the stadium sale which it would appear only delays the inevitable??

Indeed what we should have done is sell a few players at the right time and have no money issues.

That's why if we get any decent fees in the summer for any players, we have to take them seriously because it is not just the fee but the saving on the salaries too.

Take Rhodes if someone offer us £1m - the chairman would probably say no but the saving would be £2m wages and £1m fee but probably £1m loss in the accounting figures but to not sell him, the loss over a year would be £4m (£2m wages, £2m fee amortisation) a smaller loss is better than a bigger one.

The likes of Westwood, Lees, Bannan, reach can not be allowed to leave on free in June 2021 either they are resign to longer deals or sold, moved on a season loan in Westwood example if no takers.

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

I’m convinced a points deduction of some sort is coming.

If indeed the verdict is delivered this week, with Fulham on Saturday we REALLY need to pick up 3 points tonight.

With Wigan due to be deducted 12 points, we are currently 11 points above the bottom 3, of by the time of the announcement we were 14 points above the bottom 3 that would be huge!!

Yeah, I'm starting to think the same way @vulvaposted a couple of pages ago and it wouldn't surprise me if wasn't wide of the mark.  

Hope we are all wrong though.

• Like 1