THE EFL HEARING THREAD

19 minutes ago, billyblack said:

What a load of manure if thats the case, how can punishments depend on league positions, there is either a rule in place with penalties or there isnt, any decision should be released straight upon outcome of decision. Pointless

Are you ITK?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

a few years ago i worked with a romanian engineer, i asked him 'what it was like working under communism?'

he studied for a while, and answered, 'they pretended to pay us, and we pretended to work'.

My favourite joke about life under Communism is the story of the young couple that queued for hours to get a washing machine for their new home together—when they finally reached the front the shopkeeper told them, "I'm really sorry, you're in the wrong shop. Here we don't have any fridges, it's the shop across the road that doesn't have any washing machines".

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Would be nice to get this thread to a round 500 pages without anyone actually posting anything factual about the outcome.

So why don't we all agree to ignore any announcement (if one occurs) and carry on as if we still don't know. 

It would be fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

this has been going on so long by now that the efl should release a statement of at just what point proceedings are at, otherwise it looks like a stitch up.

I’m not one who thinks we’ll be stitched up by the EFL, I believe in the independent board and they alone hand out any punishment. 

But you’re right, the longer this goes on - whenever our punishment is announced either we (if we are relegated) or others like Barnsley (if we stay up) will scream conspiracy. You can’t blame em for doing so

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Essix Blue said:

I’m not one who thinks we’ll be stitched up by the EFL, I believe in the independent board and they alone hand out any punishment. 

But you’re right, the longer this goes on - whenever our punishment is announced either we (if we are relegated) or others like Barnsley (if we stay up) will scream conspiracy. You can’t blame em for doing so

Yep, its conspiracy theorists dream, they win what ever happens.

• Like 1

Guest Mcguigan
1 hour ago, Plonk said:

How would that work? If the ground sale is legal, then we will be within FFP for the last three seasons with this years looming likely to be suspended and most of the high earners gone before, if, it resumes?

16/17 £20.8 loss 

17/18 £2.6m profit

18/19 to be posted shortly but it's a pretty safe bet they'll be not far off the previous season's but without the £38m profit from the stadium sale. So could be at least £30m loss.

Even including £2m a season for allowable items, any loss over £26m from the 18/19 accounts will put us over the rolling 3 season allowable limits again.

Seems obvious what's happening -

If they deduct us 9 points now and we don't go down then it's really no punishment so they are delaying the implementation until they know they can have some effect.

If we were to stay up anyway despite 9 points then it'll be points off at the start of next season as our punishment.

- assuming they can make the charge stick, that is.

1 minute ago, Sheffnet said:

If they deduct us 9 points now and we don't go down then it's really no punishment so they are delaying the implementation until they know they can have some effect.

If we were to stay up anyway despite 9 points then it'll be points off at the start of next season as our punishment.

Or maybe they want to ensure they give us enough points to send us down.

Though I don’t believe for one second that’s the case because a Championship without the big clubs is a weaker product for the EFL 

9 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

16/17 £20.8 loss 

17/18 £2.6m profit

18/19 to be posted shortly but it's a pretty safe bet they'll be not far off the previous season's but without the £38m profit from the stadium sale. So could be at least £30m loss.

Even including £2m a season for allowable items, any loss over £26m from the 18/19 accounts will put us over the rolling 3 season allowable limits again.

Our only saving grace is the Hunt transfer (£1.5m fee and wages), Rhodes wages out and loan fee and I think we also got a 6 figure promotion bonus (£4m ish), Loovens and Wallace left, I don't know what they were on and the nominal fees for Clare and Hirst (£0.5m). Could be as much as £7-10m depending but we then sign Onamah and hector both were on good wages and it depends how much we paid. 

I would be surprised if the EFL do not know the figures as it is one of the EFL requirements each season. But I also think we will be very tight. Then next season the £20m loss drops of the calculation, but the season after so does the profit and if this season is bad we could once again be in the brown stuff.

4 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Or maybe they want to ensure they give us enough points to send us down.

Though I don’t believe for one second that’s the case because a Championship without the big clubs is a weaker product for the EFL 

Or maybe there is no conspiracy or stitch up - and there is a genuine reason for the delay 

12 minutes ago, Sheffnet said:

Or maybe they have a court case this week for the same thing against another football team and they don't want to give away the outcome so the other team lets say Derby don't then use that defence to get off.

Then announce the decision for both teams when the cases are both finished.

The season ends in 7 days so they don't have long and derby could make the play off that would be very embarrassing if they could take part then at the last minute could not.