THE EFL HEARING THREAD

How many games have taken place since the start of the tribunal. 4? There will be 2 games left at most.

And it was brought forward so that the deduction happened this season.

How is this in any way competent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Corbyn is a class traitor and doesn't believe in that.

Come the revolution he will be invited (or persuaded) to put on a blind fold, once we find a suitable wall. 

Stood next to him will be Boris.

Oh you’ve done it now. Expect a few more replies to request Monk makes the line up.

I reckon the EFL are dragging their heels on their recommended punishment to the commission in the hope that we get a couple more wins on the board.

They don't want to give us a relegation, but they want it to be a meaningful deterrent. So I reckon they'd love to recommend to give us a -12, but need us to get a few more points clear first...otherwise the whole end of season is going to be a disaster with appeals and so on.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

They have stopped for lunch, still have a couple of courses to go, so could be another two weeks.  Hang in there.  

Especially with our QC cooking and baking and typing and looking at his inaccurate watch all the time.  He's playing for time.  At the end of 2025 we'll find the case has been dismissed as it's beyond the five years statute of limitations, then we won't care if 12 points will send us down to League Two with a tricky tie at home to Rushden & Diamonds coming up.  Boom!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

I reckon the EFL are dragging their heels on their recommended punishment to the commission in the hope that we get a couple more wins on the board.

They don't want to give us a relegation, but they want it to be a meaningful deterrent. So I reckon they'd love to recommend to give us a -12, but need us to get a few more points clear first...otherwise the whole end of season is going to be a disaster with appeals and so on.

What a load of manure if thats the case, how can punishments depend on league positions, there is either a rule in place with penalties or there isnt, any decision should be released straight upon outcome of decision. Pointless

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Just makes a mockery of the whole thing.

If they do that, they'll be sending the message -watch out, the EFL are getting tough - but they'll make sure it doesn't have a material effect on the outcome of your season, so basically do what you like

45 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Corbyn is a class traitor and doesn't believe in that.

Come the revolution he will be invited (or persuaded) to put on a blind fold, once we find a suitable wall. 

Stood next to him will be Boris.

It’s going to have to be a long, long wall to fit all of the “unfit for public office” in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, billyblack said:

What a load of manure if thats the case, how can punishments depend on league positions, there is either a rule in place with penalties or there isnt, any decision should be released straight upon outcome of decision. Pointless

this has been going on so long by now that the efl should release a statement of at just what point proceedings are at, otherwise it looks like a stitch up.

3 minutes ago, sternlad said:

It’s going to have to be a long, long wall to fit all of the “unfit for public office” in.

Might have to spend a long time looking for a suitably ethically correct person to pull the trigger.

Edited by Rev Owl

2 hours ago, BenitoCarbone said:

Agreed. And the socioeconomic order should be structured upon the ideas of common ownership of the means of production and the absence of social classes, money and the state.

a few years ago i worked with a romanian engineer, i asked him 'what it was like working under communism?'

he studied for a while, and answered, 'they pretended to pay us, and we pretended to work'.

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Especially with our QC cooking and baking and typing and looking at his inaccurate watch all the time.  He's playing for time.  At the end of 2025 we'll find the case has been dismissed as it's beyond the five years statute of limitations, then we won't care if 12 points will send us down to League Two with a tricky tie at home to Rushden & Diamonds coming up.  Boom!

Must say that one of the upsides of this tribunal has been following Nick de Marco on twitter.

He has an extensive watch and typewriter collection, posts his own artwork, bakes his own cherry pies from his own cherries and has a villa in Cinque Terra in Italy with its own vineyard that he produces his own wine from.

Oh and he is the 'Lionel Messi' of sports barristers.

And he seems like a pretty nice guy too.

Unless he loses..........

3 minutes ago, Nero said:

Must say that one of the upsides of this tribunal has been following Nick de Marco on twitter.

He has an extensive watch and typewriter collection, posts his own artwork, bakes his own cherry pies from his own cherries and has a villa in Cinque Terra in Italy with its own vineyard that he produces his own wine from.

Oh and he is the 'Lionel Messi' of sports barristers.

And he seems like a pretty nice guy too.

Unless he loses..........

Found himself a nice little niche.  I do like his photos and paintings.   

Edited by Inspector Lestrade

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Found himself a nice little niche.  I do like his photos and paintings.   

Wonder what would be the worlds biggest Cherry Pie?

Something we could try?

• Haha 3