Points deduction

23 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

What should actually happen is that these rumours are followed right back to the source.

So ask where the person you heard it from got it from, then ask them where THEY got it from and on and on until we find the nutters that just sit bored making stuff up

I could’ve sworn Pressman 1 was you on the wind up. Had all the hallmarks.

lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rickygoo said:

But if the EFL feel there were aggravating factors - for example a deliberate attempt to deceive - it could be worse and up to 21 points. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45601142

If there was aggravating factors, or a deliberate attempt to deceive, Id find it very hard to believe misconduct wouldn’t have stood up as a charge 

On 07/06/2020 at 21:01, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Yep pretty much nailed it right there .....

Stinks of a Beres Jumbo 

With the works .......

Always ask for fresh cracking I've cracked two teeth now on that hard shizzel.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Spookone said:

Shouldn't that be minus 21? lol

Hold on. It’s a long time since I was at school but if we’re going to deducted minus 21 points, doesn’t that mean we’re going to be plus 21 points ?. Two minuses make a plus and all that. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

The fact that we are in this situation is inexcusable and born out of sheer incompetence.

Although i'll probably defend us in the next month in the hope that we don't get a disastrous points deduction I have to agree with you.

DC has made a right Blades ear of this.

In hindsight I'd have settled for 3 years in mid-table obscurity under gray than the position we in now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Although i'll probably defend us in the next month in the hope that we don't get a disastrous points deduction I have to agree with you.

DC has made a right Blades ear of this.

In hindsight I'd have settled for 3 years in mid-table obscurity under gray than the position we in now.

Agree with this, we may or may not have broke the rules. One things for certain we are in a mess ourselves which must of impacted the  smooth running of the club. 

Whatever happens the EFL need to have a quicker process to deal with these things or just do us all a favour and let clubs spend what they like just as any other business.

Edited by Harrysgame
Spellling
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

The fact that we are in this situation is inexcusable and born out of sheer incompetence.

Completely agree with you. For me whatever the outcome of the case (personally I think we will get a big point deduction) I still want DC out of the club. To many mistakes have been made. 

• Like 2

Surely aggravating factors/misconduct would be present together ?..     without those I really can’t see a ‘massive’ points deduction 

Birmingham signed a player while under embargo and didn’t get none of this -21 people keep bleating on about 

23 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Surely aggravating factors/misconduct would be present together ?..     without those I really can’t see a ‘massive’ points deduction 

Birmingham signed a player while under embargo and didn’t get none of this -21 people keep bleating on about 

I may be wrong but isn’t our charge more to do with fiddling the accounts by putting our ground sale in the wrong years accounts? Isn’t that worse than Birmingham? 

12 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I may be wrong but isn’t our charge more to do with fiddling the accounts by putting our ground sale in the wrong years accounts? Isn’t that worse than Birmingham? 

Not just the wrong year accounts (which may or not be legal), but the fact that the sale is spread over a number of years, which doesn't normally happen. If you can't afford to buy something outright, like a house for example, you take out a mortgage, and the mortgage company pays the vendor, and you pay the mortgage company back (with interest).

Also the ground valuation, that is reported to be vastly inflated, partly due to the fact that is on an undesirable piece of land and prone to flooding.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is the general consensus still that this will be addressed and in place prior to the end of this season?

tbh I hope so, even if it sends us down. The thought of starting a new season with a points deduction is just awful.

I’ve never felt so detached from

the club

• Like 2

2 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

Not just the wrong year accounts (which may or not be legal), but the fact that the sale is spread over a number of years, which doesn't normally happen. If you can't afford to buy something outright, like a house for example, you take out a mortgage, and the mortgage company pays the vendor, and you pay the mortgage company back (with interest).

Also the ground valuation, that is reported to be vastly inflated, partly due to the fact that is on an undesirable piece of land and prone to flooding.

The ground was actually undervalued, i understand that we uncovered an old map showing huge reserves of magic beans buried below the sufrace.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Royal_D said:

If there was aggravating factors, or a deliberate attempt to deceive, Id find it very hard to believe misconduct wouldn’t have stood up as a charge 

Perhaps we shouldn’t forget that the club claim the EFL knew what we were doing and have evidence of this. If this is correct to any degree then that should remove any aggravating factors as a minimum.

26 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

Perhaps we shouldn’t forget that the club claim the EFL knew what we were doing and have evidence of this. If this is correct to any degree then that should remove any aggravating factors as a minimum.

I'd say the opposite. We're charged because the EFL believe what they were told happened wasn't actually what happened.