Points deduction

13 hours ago, Ian said:

I've heard a few rumours myself

First is that Monk has already been sacked......although I also heard that we had given him a 10 year extension as well

If he does go I've heard weve made Pep an offer he cant refuse and also from my mate who's son went to school with Matt Penney's mates sister who says Jos is coming back and that's why he's signed the extension himself

Also heard that Chansiri has already signed Ronaldo for new manager although I've also heard we are bringing Clarke back so who knows

I never get to hear these rumours you are so well-informed. 

Would be a real feather in our cap in Ronaldo does become the new manager. 

I'm off to buy a season ticket.

46 minutes ago, Donny El said:

A little far fetched . Even if we do get found guilty and a points deduction is applied the most we can be deducted is 12 points in line with EFL rules. 

Isn't the club facing two separate issues - P&S rules and misconduct in an attempt to get round the P&S rules? Therefore we could be hit by a double whammy - and if we're guilty the penalty could be anything from a suspended fine to automatic relegation or, even, expulsion from the League.  Not that I'm saying that will happen, or even that we are guilty. 

Thought we were cleared of misconduct, re - Meire, DC charges.

I would think the misconduct related to ' fudging accounts' so as to get round ffp.

Now they have been cleared what are the efl charging us with? Being savvy at loophole research?

14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

What should actually happen is that these rumours are followed right back to the source.

So ask where the person you heard it from got it from, then ask them where THEY got it from and on and on until we find the nutters that just sit bored making stuff up

So you heard the Rumour 21 point deduction where did that come from? 

"Mate told me he got it his mate on Facebook"

Facebook mate had seen a link to a website so clicked at read it from there. 

The Website had seen the Sheffield star headline and added its own thoughts to the story. 

Sheffield Star had clicked on owlstalk and opened first topic. 

Owlstalk user claimed he spoke to Terry Henfleet who is a great source and ITK in the pub before the lockdown. 

That's how it begins :biggrin:

15 hours ago, Pressman 1 said:

So this past week ive seen two different stories regarding this one is that we've been cleared and there's no deduction incoming and the second being we are looking at minus 21 points. Does anyone know of anything or heard anything? I find the second one more believeable which is why fox and fletch are stalling on contracts, it's also part of the reason hutch is leaving and why pelupessy got a new deal, regarding contracts heard nothing on nuhiu, winnall, ff, kirby, Preston, Lee, Jones, borukov so guessing most of those will be off? I thought wildsmith was out of contract to? Makes for an interesting end of season that's when the football starts of course 

OMG ,cant wait to give my mates this news 

Wonder why the league have told everyone bar Wednesday!

18 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Thought we were cleared of misconduct, re - Meire, DC charges.

I would think the misconduct related to ' fudging accounts' so as to get round ffp.

Now they have been cleared what are the efl charging us with? Being savvy at loophole research?

Individuals aren't being charged anymore  - those charges were dropped.  The misconduct charge against the club, as far as I know, is still in place. 

Guest LittleG
14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

What should actually happen is that these rumours are followed right back to the source.

So ask where the person you heard it from got it from, then ask them where THEY got it from and on and on until we find the nutters that just sit bored making stuff up

I think in this case it'll be traced back to some nutter on Owlstalk!

37 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Individuals aren't being charged anymore  - those charges were dropped.  The misconduct charge against the club, as far as I know, is still in place. 

Yeah, charges against DC, Meire and Redgate dropped. Original charges related to 'careful accounting'.

So now charges are dropped, no individual will face punishment.

As far as i can see, the efl are charging the name 'Sheffield Wednesday' with the exact same thing.

Then that could mean, Sheffield Wednesday are guilty as charged, yet the ones that pulled the trigger did no wrong.

I don't get it....perhaps all will come out in the wash.

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

Yeah, charges against DC, Meire and Redgate dropped. Original charges related to 'careful accounting'.

So now charges are dropped, no individual will face punishment.

As far as i can see, the efl are charging the name 'Sheffield Wednesday' with the exact same thing.

Then that could mean, Sheffield Wednesday are guilty as charged, yet the ones that pulled the trigger did no wrong.

I don't get it....perhaps all will come out in the wash.

It could have been a plea bargain - or maybe there's no smoking gun indicating which individual the EFL believe did the dirty but the dirty was done, or it could be none of the above!

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

Isn't the club facing two separate issues - P&S rules and misconduct in an attempt to get round the P&S rules? Therefore we could be hit by a double whammy - and if we're guilty the penalty could be anything from a suspended fine to automatic relegation or, even, expulsion from the League.  Not that I'm saying that will happen, or even that we are guilty. 

No mate. Misconduct Charges were dropped / not guilty a few months ago. Just the 1 charge against the club outstanding.

1 hour ago, Donny El said:

No mate. Misconduct Charges were dropped / not guilty a few months ago. Just the 1 charge against the club outstanding.

The club is charged with misconduct too - it's the charges against the individuals that have been dropped.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/efl-drop-misconduct-charge-against-sheffield-wednesday-owner-dejphon-chansiri

2 hours ago, rickygoo said:

It could have been a plea bargain - or maybe there's no smoking gun indicating which individual the EFL believe did the dirty but the dirty was done, or it could be none of the above!

It may be that the EFL were worried that if they carried on with those charges there could be repercussions from the auditors ?

Only guessing obviously but if the auditing company felt that they were being accused of being complicit in false accounting they would likely sue ? 

4 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I never get to hear these rumours you are so well-informed. 

Would be a real feather in our cap in Ronaldo does become the new manager. 

I'm off to buy a season ticket.

You mis read me......I was saying that Ronaldo had been signed FOR the new manager (Monk, Pep or Jos) not that we'd signed him to become the new manager.

However, not that you have mentioned it, I can gp on twitter and say I've heard a rumour that Ronaldo is the next manager

1 minute ago, Ian said:

You mis read me......I was saying that Ronaldo had been signed FOR the new manager (Monk, Pep or Jos) not that we'd signed him to become the new manager.

However, not that you have mentioned it, I can gp on twitter and say I've heard a rumour that Ronaldo is the next manager

LOL OK 😃