Urhoghide Contract Extended

Osaze Urhoghide New Contract at Sheffield Wednesday  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Osaze Urhoghide New Contract at Sheffield Wednesday

• Happy With That
    • Not Happy With That

1 hour ago, 0114 said:

Your ‘opinion’ on his ability isn’t ‘facts’. Plus I haven’t spoken of his ability so no, I haven’t raised this. My criticism is the club not controlling the lads future, if he excels. 

Strange, for someone who finds my opinion “pointless” I find it bewildering your now are asking for my opinion. Very contradictory. However I’ll oblige seeing as you asked nicely...

Impressed at Brighton and Leeds, disappointing at Reading & Blackburn. 19, out of position he’s had 2 good games & 2 bad ones. I don’t know where he will end up, but the club rates him. Maybe I’m just not in the business of writing off 19 year olds after 4 games ey.

But I don’t necessarily care what you think, hence why I haven’t asked. 

Why be critical of the club about his contract when you don't know what is involved in the contract? An extension might well be part of it but you appear to be glossing over that.

I haven't written anyone off but my opinion is he will not be a Premier League player, no shame in that, just pointing out that your thoughts of getting a big fee for him in the future seem a bit fanciful based on his performances so far - 2 good ones and 2 very bad ones. 

Strange you don't care what my opinion is and haven't asked, not sure why your previous posts recommended I should have an opinion and contribute in this respect......

2 hours ago, 0114 said:

No one knows everything about every detail in football. Yet we still debate it. I can only comment on what I know, that’s what the statement says so I made a comment on it. Try having an opinion instead of moaning about someone else’s opinion. 

2 hours ago, 0114 said:

My opinion was so pointless that you felt that need to reply to it... rather than form your own opinion. Yet your only response was using conjecture. 

Maybe try contributing to a debate in future rather than trying to put people down for literally debating the facts at hand.

Edited by Guest

26 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Why be critical of the club about his contract when you don't know what is involved in the contract? An extension might well be part of it but you appear to be glossing over that.

I haven't written anyone off but my opinion is he will not be a Premier League player, no shame in that, just pointing out that your thoughts of getting a big fee for him in the future seem a bit fanciful based on his performances so far - 2 good ones and 2 very bad ones. 

Strange you don't care what my opinion is and haven't asked, not sure why your previous posts recommended I should have an opinion and contribute in this respect......

I’m Dumbfounded.

Thanks for highlighting some very valid points I made, I hope you use them in future posts. 

Naivety was his biggest downfall.

Some thing you can get away with at lower level football which you will get punished at a higher level.

As some good attributes but the main ones he needs happen inside his head. If he is willing to learn he could become a decent player.

All up to him.

Unfortunately his best two games were away so didn’t quite get seen at his best by home fans and then had his disaster when he got sent off.

Played very well against Brighton and Leeds.

I think one year with a probable extension clause is about right.

The problem being a defender is you get measured by your mistakes which makes it difficult for a youngster to become a regular.

Urhoghide and Penney will add numbers to the squad which at the end of the season will get depleted somewhat. Wouldn’t say either are first choice regulars but in case of emergency they are both good to have and won’t cost the earth. Not only that they are both able to play in more than one position each so always useful.

11 hours ago, room0035 said:

Resigning is good, length of contract is a surprise, lets hope there an automatic clause if he plays x number of games.

Should he get a lot of game time next season at right back and a Premiership or higher Championship team comes in we would lose him for next to nothing, as not one of our youth, so would get development costs for last 12 months only.

It has always been a gripe of mine with the club they offer 2-4 year deal for over the hill players on £20,000+ a week then youngster on probably a few grand a week get 1 year deals, but might be due to the uncertainty in the market.

This does mean though Odabajo need to be moved on now and hopefully some sort of small fee for him (unless Fox goes), maybe Bruce might want to sign him again.

I wouldn’t worry too much about that

9 hours ago, Tom22709 said:

I wouldn’t worry too much about that

Look at the players pick up from the championship by the EPL over the last 2 years most of the youngster have barely played a first team game but the EPL team sweep them up for a few million quid on the hope a few of them make the grade. He can't be on that much but we as a club have always been so short sighted with youth players and it has cost us.

Putting him on a 2-3 year deal will cost less than Pelupessy has cost us for 1 year which bit of business would you rather we had done.

Not withstanding the 2-3 bad games he had (swept away in the garbage fire around him, so I can’t really blame him much) I reckon this is a good call along with the Penney deal.

this is a sign of the time for us now. Young players in, mostly local or have been around the club for a few years. With Osaze, Penney, Hunt, and hopefully one or two of the more promising lads we can (as one persons already put it) have an energetic, full hearted, and fearless team.

Although sadly it does make the loss of Thorniley and Stubbs more dispiriting. They could have been useful parts of that squad.

8 minutes ago, Wor’Jackie said:

Not withstanding the 2-3 bad games he had (swept away in the garbage fire around him, so I can’t really blame him much) I reckon this is a good call along with the Penney deal.

this is a sign of the time for us now. Young players in, mostly local or have been around the club for a few years. With Osaze, Penney, Hunt, and hopefully one or two of the more promising lads we can (as one persons already put it) have an energetic, full hearted, and fearless team.

Although sadly it does make the loss of Thorniley and Stubbs more dispiriting. They could have been useful parts of that squad.

For me Thornily was a better player.

But he went to a lower level so what do I know.

8 minutes ago, Beholder said:

For me Thornily was a better player.

But he went to a lower level so what do I know.

He should never have gone. He had improved massively under Cabbage Head and looked like he was going to be a second pick behind Borner (in my view at least, nothing to back that up). 

He’s not done so well with Blackpool by all accounts, which is even sadder. I’d have him back, no problem.

53 minutes ago, Wor’Jackie said:

He should never have gone. He had improved massively under Cabbage Head and looked like he was going to be a second pick behind Borner (in my view at least, nothing to back that up). 

He’s not done so well with Blackpool by all accounts, which is even sadder. I’d have him back, no problem.

We do need a back up left sided centre back, who can understudy for Borner. Reckon at some point Urhoghide will return to the centre back position, and at some point be understudy to Iorfa Then we could cash in on Lees. Might need a loan spell somewhere first, but playing at centre back

Edited by gurujuan

Guest wilyfox

Showed against Leeds & Brighton he has the talent. Now he needs consistency. Worthy of his new contract to strive for that.

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We do need a back up left sided centre back, who can understudy for Borner. Reckon at some point Urhoghide will return to the centre back position, and at some point be understudy to Iorfa Then we could cash in on Lees. Might need a loan spell somewhere first, but playing at centre back

Cash in on Lees?  All £20,000 spending spree, here we come.