Urhoghide Contract Extended

Osaze Urhoghide New Contract at Sheffield Wednesday  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Osaze Urhoghide New Contract at Sheffield Wednesday

• Happy With That
    • Not Happy With That

Guest LittleG

Enthusiastic, quick and works hard but is that enough. Hope he can improve his ability on the ball and progress.

Resigning is good, length of contract is a surprise, lets hope there an automatic clause if he plays x number of games.

Should he get a lot of game time next season at right back and a Premiership or higher Championship team comes in we would lose him for next to nothing, as not one of our youth, so would get development costs for last 12 months only.

It has always been a gripe of mine with the club they offer 2-4 year deal for over the hill players on £20,000+ a week then youngster on probably a few grand a week get 1 year deals, but might be due to the uncertainty in the market.

This does mean though Odabajo need to be moved on now and hopefully some sort of small fee for him (unless Fox goes), maybe Bruce might want to sign him again.

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

Worth another year at his age but I hope he’s loaned out rather than played in the first team, he’s way off Championship standard at present.

Do you think they could do that with Pelupessy as well.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 0114 said:

We would be entitled to absolute pittance decided by a tribunal. The control wouldn’t be within our own hands.

Seems positive, looks like we are being prudent with our cash and contracts so positive really.

I’m pleased for the youngster although I think the jury’s still out as to whether he will ultimately make the grade or not. Effort and attitude seem to be spot on - let’s hope he can indeed push on and develop his game over these next 12 months.

25 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Enthusiastic, quick and works hard but is that enough. Hope he can improve his ability on the ball and progress.

Ability on the ball, positional sense etc can be coached, the other things you mention can't so you're always in with a chance of making it if you've got them. If he continues to work hard and is coached properly, he could be a very good player for us. It's exactly the type of signing we should be making and we should be patient as fans and allow him time to develop whilst accepting he will make mistakes. 

42 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

To be honest I've not seen anything that suggests he will be at that level in 12 months time. However, maybe if he does have a rapid rise next season we have something in place in the contract that suggests we have first option on extending, bit unfair to be critical on this without knowing what is in the contract. 

No one knows everything about every detail in football. Yet we still debate it. I can only comment on what I know, that’s what the statement says so I made a comment on it. Try having an opinion instead of moaning about someone else’s opinion. 

4 minutes ago, 0114 said:

No one knows everything about every detail in football. Yet we still debate it. I can only comment on what I know, that’s what the statement says so I made a comment on it. Try having an opinion instead of moaning about someone else’s opinion. 

My opinion is that we might well have something in his 12 month contract that means we get first option if we want to keep him. I am also of the opinion that he will never play Premier League football or be worth big money so your point is pointless.

Happy now? lol

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Surprised it’s only 12 months. Really hope he can kick on. Had a couple of good performances, couple of poor ones. 

I'm not as he needs to earn a longer deal - that is the way it should work, not be given a huge deal after just 4 appearances.

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Overall I’m pleased with this as he’s only young so has time on his side. Much better decision than the Joey one.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

My opinion is that we might well have something in his 12 month contract that means we get first option if we want to keep him. I am also of the opinion that he will never play Premier League football or be worth big money so your point is pointless.

Happy now? lol

My opinion was so pointless that you felt that need to reply to it... rather than form your own opinion. Yet your only response was using conjecture. 

Maybe try contributing to a debate in future rather than trying to put people down for literally debating the facts at hand.

28 minutes ago, 0114 said:

My opinion was so pointless that you felt that need to reply to it... rather than form your own opinion. Yet your only response was using conjecture. 

Maybe try contributing to a debate in future rather than trying to put people down for literally debating the facts at hand.

The facts in hand, having seen him play, are that he looks nowhere near good enough the PL, that's the biggest conjecture in this thread, raised by you.

Do you think he will play Premier League football regularly in the future based on what you have seen and his career as a whole so far?

31 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The facts in hand, having seen him play, are that he looks nowhere near good enough the PL, that's the biggest conjecture in this thread, raised by you.

Do you think he will play Premier League football regularly in the future based on what you have seen and his career as a whole so far?

Your ‘opinion’ on his ability isn’t ‘facts’. Plus I haven’t spoken of his ability so no, I haven’t raised this. My criticism is the club not controlling the lads future, if he excels. 

Strange, for someone who finds my opinion “pointless” I find it bewildering your now are asking for my opinion. Very contradictory. However I’ll oblige seeing as you asked nicely...

Impressed at Brighton and Leeds, disappointing at Reading & Blackburn. 19, out of position he’s had 2 good games & 2 bad ones. I don’t know where he will end up, but the club rates him. Maybe I’m just not in the business of writing off 19 year olds after 4 games ey.

But I don’t necessarily care what you think, hence why I haven’t asked. 

Edited by 0114