GARRY MONK - All posts about the Sheffield Wednesday Manager in here

Guest Jack the Hat
6 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

He’s making decisions that nobody agrees with though which suggests it’s his judgement that’s the problem 

How can anyone think it’s a good idea to keep Pelupessy and release Hutchinson? I’ve no issue with us moving on from this squad and refreshing but if we’re going to offer one of them a contract it has to be the one which is capable of playing Championship football. It’s a joke 

^this

There must be only DC who wants Monk to stay at the club, I include players in that 

The man's useless and a bit of a arrogant tw@t

Fine be arrogant if you have a record to back it up but let's be serious is cv ain't nothing to brag about 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

Absolutely no way Monk thinks Westwood and Hutchinson aren't good enough to get in our team.

And absolutely no way a good chairman would stand by a manager that stops picking his best players and doesnt get results.

Something else to this story rather than Monk.

It looks more and more to me that it was more than just the pull of managing his boyhood club that saw Bruce go to Newcastle?

It’s strange that Lukuhay and Monk’s spells in charge here are like mirror images but things were different under Bruce?

• Like 1

Guest Mcguigan
10 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

On the subject of Hutchinson, how many games has he played in the last 4 years. I reckon about 50-60% max. Why would any manager want to keep someone you cannot rely on.

123 or 44%

Edited by Mcguigan

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I’ve never seen at any club, a player that has signed  a new contract that NOBODY wanted to keep. Even a Nuhiu divides opinion. The fans who go to the games should have booed this thrower out of our club. We are too nice. Other clubs wouldn’t put up with poo like Monk! Monk out ASAP!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
9 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Hutchinson had to go I fear. Been a good servant but with his injury record and high wages I don't think another manager would have kept him.

Would have to hope Pelupessy is on really low wages, and perhaps we are worried about squad depth and difficulties bringing players in - as would hope he's now behind Hunt in the pecking order.

I’m worried that Joey will be in the starting 11 for the first game back. If he is I’m tempted to say I’m done watching Wednesday until Monk is gone. That’s how angry I am about renewing Joey’s contract. We have about 18 out of contract and bar maybe Stobbs, Joey would have been the first one out the door!!

Guest Mcguigan
1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

But when he has played we have looked a much better team imo. 

No doubts but it’s the other 56% of fixtures that worries me.

I think Steve Bruce once said in one of his press conferences here when asked about Amadeau Paxaio. He said he’s part of the fabric of the club. I think this was a very telling remark?

I know discussion about him are discouraged on here and I understand that. That said I think it’s fair for fans to question what his role is and how strong his influence on the club is? After all if we had a director of football, fans would be asking questions about him/her after decisions like yesterday’s?

Is it wrong for fans to wonder how much of a part Mr P played in yesterday’s decision?  Most things at the club these days seem cloak and dagger and yes, I appreciate that there’s things that need to be kept confidential but when you’re asked to pay arguably the dearest prices in the league to watch Wednesday. It’s more than fair to ask why we’re keeping on a player that makes a snail look quick?

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Monk has now effectively signed four players, Wickham, Windass, de Cruz and now JP. Early days I know, but it’s not a great start

I want him gone but Windass when he’s played looked ok, he’s got 2 goals already in not that many minutes. Wickham looks way off the pace but we know he has the quality we’ve seen it before.. could see the logic in bringing him in with Fletcher out. Da Cruz and Pelupessy are garbage though

5 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I’ve never seen at any club, a player that has signed  a new contract that NOBODY wanted to keep. Even a Nuhiu divides opinion. The fans who go to the games should have booed this thrower out of our club. We are too nice. Other clubs wouldn’t put up with poo like Monk! Monk out ASAP!

It started at Brentford, that was the first time the paying fans really turned and started chanting for him to go.  Not many managers turn it around from that point, he wouldn't have lasted long after that but the pandemic kept him in a job and I fear that Chansiri will see the eventual restart as a fresh start for Monk as well. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jim said:

It looks more and more to me that it was more than just the pull of managing his boyhood club that saw Bruce go to Newcastle?

It’s strange that Lukuhay and Monk’s spells in charge here are like mirror images but things were different under Bruce?

I've wondered about that myself, including on here. However, I think more caution is required when assessing Bruce's impact. After a tremendous start, the end of the season was the very definition of mediocre (W3, D3, L3). Obviously that's not definitive, but one wonders if some of the same issues we've been having lately might have affected him too had he stayed.

3 hours ago, Jim said:

I think Steve Bruce once said in one of his press conferences here when asked about Amadeau Paxaio. He said he’s part of the fabric of the club. I think this was a very telling remark?

I know discussion about him are discouraged on here and I understand that. That said I think it’s fair for fans to question what his role is and how strong his influence on the club is? After all if we had a director of football, fans would be asking questions about him/her after decisions like yesterday’s?

Is it wrong for fans to wonder how much of a part Mr P played in yesterday’s decision?  Most things at the club these days seem cloak and dagger and yes, I appreciate that there’s things that need to be kept confidential but when you’re asked to pay arguably the dearest prices in the league to watch Wednesday. It’s more than fair to ask why we’re keeping on a player that makes a snail look quick?

Absolutely. I'm sure I read a suggestion at one point that his interest went well beyond being an employee or even special advisor. My recollection is not clear after all this time, but my feeling was that Bruce's description of him as "part of the fabric of the club" was a telling choice of words; a sort of veiled warning. But whatever the truth of that is, the very secrecy around his name is almost it's own commentary. 

Edited by DJMortimer
  • Like 2