GARRY MONK - All posts about the Sheffield Wednesday Manager in here

3E6E4FC2-B465-4894-9316-FDDAD033871F.jpeg

Sheffield Wednesday manager Garry Monk has been chatting to the press today

Amongst the talking points were how he was going to approach the situation of players coming to the end of their contracts and who to let go of

Monk said: “The bigger picture of contract players and out of contract players, those are the decisions I have to make in a normal situation in terms of futures of players and the future of the group.

My job is to make decisions people might not agree with, some might not even like those decisions, but that’s my job.

“I’ve had to do it constantly for six years, make those decisions. Not everyone agrees with it, but the most important thing is that when I make those decisions I try to make them for the right intention for the future of the club and where I think the squad needs to go and I’ll continue to do that.”

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest LondonOwl313

He’s making decisions that nobody agrees with though which suggests it’s his judgement that’s the problem 

How can anyone think it’s a good idea to keep Pelupessy and release Hutchinson? I’ve no issue with us moving on from this squad and refreshing but if we’re going to offer one of them a contract it has to be the one which is capable of playing Championship football. It’s a joke 

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

He’s making decisions that nobody agrees with though which suggests it’s his judgement that’s the problem 

How can anyone think it’s a good idea to keep Pelupessy and release Hutchinson? I’ve no issue with us moving on from this squad and refreshing but if we’re going to offer one of them a contract it has to be the one which is capable of playing Championship football. It’s a joke 

Putting ability aside its because one keeps his head down and cracks on, the other is vocal and isn't afraid to kick off. As we have all seen.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Extending the contract of Pessy is a pathetic decision Monk and the majority of people with eyes know he is a shocking player and offers nothing. Clueless from the club. 

Pessys new contract will be forgotten tomorrow when the club announce a new three year contract for Dave. lol

• Haha 2