GARRY MONK - All posts about the Sheffield Wednesday Manager in here

35 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

I've wondered about that myself, including on here. However, I think more caution is required when assessing Bruce's impact. After a tremendous start, the end of the season was the very definition of mediocre (W3, D3, L3). Obviously that's not definitive, but one wonders if some of the same issues we've been having lately might have affected him too had he stayed.

Absolutely. I'm sure I read a suggestion at one point that his interest went well beyond being an employee or even special advisor. My recollection is not clear after all this time, but my feeling was that Bruce's description of him as "part of the fabric of the club" was a telling choice of words; a sort of veiled warning. But whatever the truth of that is, the very secrecy around his name is almost it's own commentary. 

Said it before but 12 points from the last 9 games was not terrible when you take into account we played the Champions away, a side going for automatic promotion away, a team that won the play-off and Preston away which is basically a defeat or 1 point at best for us most seasons for some reason.

The performance against Norwich was encouraging, the comeback against Preston was a positive surprise and we were unfortunate to lose to Villa. Had we had anything at all riding on the last game of the season then I doubt we would have performed the same against QPR as well.

On the subject of our 'advisor' I couldn't agree more, it was almost as if Bruce was saying 'like it or not, this is how it is' with a sense of not really liking it at all.  

Monk is a total disaster and he talks like he has been a success.  Frightening!

Here is more absolute rubbish from him.

The most popular decision DC could make would be to fire him.

Monk was fired by Swansea, fired by Boro and fired by Brum.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Don’t know how he’s kept his job after the appalling set of results and performances we had leading into the forced break. His record is as bad as Jos’. 

Give over, Monk's record isn't as bad as Jos'. 

It's worse. :ghoulguy:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, ttimeowls said:

Well vote by your feet and don't go,

Monk I am afraid is arrogant as well as the chairman only by not going they will realise that fans will not put up will second best .

Stop away pal nobody's really bothered

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Rogers said:

We’re preparing a team for League One, one way or another 

Think the 2 young lads will do well in league one, Pelupessy will be just as bad as he is now if not worse but yeah I  agree with you, have a feeling the club know what the EFL will do. If indeed this does happen DC needs to get out of our club. No chance he should be forgiven if it is his business decisions that have sent us down. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Think the 2 young lads will do well in league one, Pelupessy will be just as bad as he is now if not worse but yeah I  agree with you, have a feeling the club know what the EFL will do. If indeed this does happen DC needs to get out of our club. No chance he should be forgiven if it is his business decisions that have sent us down. 

DC logic - get relegated and blame it on the EFL, whilst fans don’t like him anyway. Cut costs and get ready for league one! Then get promoted and DC stocks rise again, we have some joy and things to celebrate. Puts him back as the fans favourite / saviour / makes him look good.

Some idiots take it all in and think he’s best thing since sliced bread.  Shaking his hand after promotion, cheering him, etc. 

Reality - club is financially screwed, lower quality of players, league one team, doesn’t get promoted, crowds drop, been here before, and they’ll be some talking taking of the joy of seeing different grounds, winning more matches, championships rubbish, revelling in being the big fish in small pond. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rogers said:

DC logic - get relegated and blame it on the EFL, whilst fans don’t like him anyway. Cut costs and get ready for league one! Then get promoted and DC stocks rise again, we have some joy and things to celebrate. Puts him back as the fans favourite / saviour / makes him look good.

Some idiots take it all in and think he’s best thing since sliced bread.  Shaking his hand after promotion, cheering him, etc. 

Reality - club is financially screwed, lower quality of players, league one team, doesn’t get promoted, crowds drop, been here before, and they’ll be some talking taking of the joy of seeing different grounds, winning more matches, championships rubbish, revelling in being the big fish in small pond. 

spot on that imo. Even if we go down because of DC people will still be defending him, League one is a horrible league, we will be stuck there for a while, nothing good about being in that league. The club is an absolute shambles on and off the pitch and it is only going to get a lot worse while DC and Paxo are here. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Jim said:

It looks more and more to me that it was more than just the pull of managing his boyhood club that saw Bruce go to Newcastle?

It’s strange that Lukuhay and Monk’s spells in charge here are like mirror images but things were different under Bruce?

you mean because we have a clueless chairman and Paxo pulling the strings? 

• Haha 1

Guest Willow Owl
19 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Monks a timid.... i'll agree with whoever pays me man... only one way we are going with this idiot and that's down.

Not true Or he wouldn’t have walked out on Leeds and Birmingham because of disagreements with the chairman. 

Guest Willow Owl
2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

spot on that imo. Even if we go down because of DC people will still be defending him, League one is a horrible league, we will be stuck there for a while, nothing good about being in that league. The club is an absolute shambles on and off the pitch and it is only going to get a lot worse while DC and Paxo are here. 

So the chairman walks. Then what ?