GARRY MONK - All posts about the Sheffield Wednesday Manager in here

Really was looking forward to a proper clear out this summer, after what Monk had been saying I really thought it would happen and Pessy would be one of the first out the door. The fact he has had an extension will set the tone for further business, I fully expect Nuhiu to stay now and a few other not good enough out of contract players. Only ones released will probably be Westwood, Hutch and Winnall, and we will do very little business in the summer. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

23 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Well if Fox and Nuhiu are leaving we’re desperately short of scapegoats in such a depleted squad.

Are we allowed to scapegoat the manager and coach or is it just the playing staff..

You talk like it's some modern phenomenon

lol

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

He's just made the first un popular decision by extending Pessys contract. 

Quite possibly the first of many. People also need to realise that Monk isn’t making these decisions by himself. Either way, whoever is or has been making contractual related decisions at the club need to go.

That is one decision that I will agree with.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

3E6E4FC2-B465-4894-9316-FDDAD033871F.jpeg

Sheffield Wednesday manager Garry Monk has been chatting to the press today

Amongst the talking points were how he was going to approach the situation of players coming to the end of their contracts and who to let go of

Monk said: “The bigger picture of contract players and out of contract players, those are the decisions I have to make in a normal situation in terms of futures of players and the future of the group.

My job is to make decisions people might not agree with, some might not even like those decisions, but that’s my job.

“I’ve had to do it constantly for six years, make those decisions. Not everyone agrees with it, but the most important thing is that when I make those decisions I try to make them for the right intention for the future of the club and where I think the squad needs to go and I’ll continue to do that.”

No Garry your job is to improve the performance of the team and get positive results.

It's not about making decisions that people do or don't agree with, it is whether those decisions result in improvement, some would argue that a few decisions he has made have a pretty close correlation with a slump in results, and performances have been even worse than the results, if that's possible. 

2 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

He’s making decisions that nobody agrees with though which suggests it’s his judgement that’s the problem 

How can anyone think it’s a good idea to keep Pelupessy and release Hutchinson? I’ve no issue with us moving on from this squad and refreshing but if we’re going to offer one of them a contract it has to be the one which is capable of playing Championship football. It’s a joke 

On the subject of Hutchinson, how many games has he played in the last 4 years. I reckon about 50-60% max. Why would any manager want to keep someone you cannot rely on.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

On the subject of Hutchinson, how many games has he played in the last 4 years. I reckon about 50-60% max. Why would any manager want to keep someone you cannot rely on.

If he only played one game per season he'd still have contributed more than Mr anonymous Pelupessy.

26 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I wouldn't want to offer Hutchinson a new contract, too much water under the bridge, not getting any younger and a good but not outstanding player at this level, I would have liked to have him available to play while under contract this season though, he was doing a decent job when he was allowed to play.

On the subject of keeping players you can't rely on, haven't we done that today? Yes you can rely on Pelupessy to turn up but not to play well at this level as sadly he is not good enough.

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE

I’d managed to forget we still had Ginger Jos at the helm. Instantly depressed now he’s re-appeared and speaking 

This interview is just code for I’m getting rid of Westy, Hutch and anyone else I don’t like

Dont worry we’ll replace them with some of the biggest piles of poo to ever grace S6 in Windass, Wickham and de la Cruz 

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

3E6E4FC2-B465-4894-9316-FDDAD033871F.jpeg

Sheffield Wednesday manager Garry Monk has been chatting to the press today

Amongst the talking points were how he was going to approach the situation of players coming to the end of their contracts and who to let go of

Monk said: “The bigger picture of contract players and out of contract players, those are the decisions I have to make in a normal situation in terms of futures of players and the future of the group.

My job is to make decisions people might not agree with, some might not even like those decisions, but that’s my job.

“I’ve had to do it constantly for six years, make those decisions. Not everyone agrees with it, but the most important thing is that when I make those decisions I try to make them for the right intention for the future of the club and where I think the squad needs to go and I’ll continue to do that.”

Clueless, utterly clueless.

Then again who would notice another clueless idoit involved in the running of our club.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Thanks. We know JP’s limitations.

Any chance you could actually answer the question I asked ?

Pelupessy hasn't started as many games as Hutchinson but you're happy for his contract to be extended. That's fair enough ... we all have opinions.

Pelupessy doesn't start a high percentage of games but that's not down to fitness issues .. It's because he's phuckin garbage.

And Monk is clueless agreeing to accept him for another 12 months.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, erowl said:

Pelupessy hasn't started as many games as Hutchinson but you're happy for his contract to be extended. That's fair enough ... we all have opinions.

Pelupessy doesn't start a high percentage of games but that's not down to fitness issues .. It's because he's phuckin garbage.

And Monk is clueless agreeing to accept him for another 12 months.

I asked about Hutchinson's appearances over a 4 year period. How you interpret that into me being happy that Pelupessy has had his contract extended is beyond me.

Hutchinson had to go I fear. Been a good servant but with his injury record and high wages I don't think another manager would have kept him.

Would have to hope Pelupessy is on really low wages, and perhaps we are worried about squad depth and difficulties bringing players in - as would hope he's now behind Hunt in the pecking order.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Imagine if you were visibly and evidently fxxxing  up big time  at work, your boss came over tobollok you and you just said to them. 'I'm sorry but it's my job to make decisions people dont agree with'

WTF:

Absolutely no way Monk thinks Westwood and Hutchinson aren't good enough to get in our team.

And absolutely no way a good chairman would stand by a manager that stops picking his best players and doesnt get results.

Something else to this story rather than Monk.

• Like 1