Sheffield Wednesday Squad for next season as things stand:

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Looking at that, not only is that our entire squad, it could also be the actual starting lineup and formation

lol

Why, are we playing Rugby next season?

31 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Rhodes starting this season P4 W2 D1 L1 and 3 goals.........just saying 😉

Strange stats those, most who have seen him regularly would say he has offered absolutely nothing other than the Forest game and some decent movement 2nd half vs Brentford. However, if we could average 7 points from every 4 games he starts then we might as well pick him alongside Fletcher as a lucky omen if nothing else, not as if any of the other options were pulling up any trees! 

Bit like Odubajo, even his admits he has been below par for us but his points per game from a fair few starts is better than our other defenders, we haven't lost many with him in the side.

58 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Strange stats those, most who have seen him regularly would say he has offered absolutely nothing other than the Forest game and some decent movement 2nd half vs Brentford. However, if we could average 7 points from every 4 games he starts then we might as well pick him alongside Fletcher as a lucky omen if nothing else, not as if any of the other options were pulling up any trees! 

Bit like Odubajo, even his admits he has been below par for us but his points per game from a fair few starts is better than our other defenders, we haven't lost many with him in the side.

I'd rather have Odubajo at right back than Palmer tbh. I think he's quicker, more athletic and all round a better player.

I know he's had lots of pelters on here but I think mostly unjustified. OK he had a mare at Preston and in the game at Derby which he got stick for their penalty, I actually thought he was unlucky. I thought he did well in that situation to shield the ball from their player who threw himself to the ground to get the pen.

As you say with him in the side our form was pretty good. I thought it was poor from Monk telling him that he didn't have a future at the club after only a few months here.

10 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I'd rather have Odubajo at right back than Palmer tbh. I think he's quicker, more athletic and all round a better player.

I know he's had lots of pelters on here but I think mostly unjustified. OK he had a mare at Preston and in the game at Derby which he got stick for their penalty, I actually thought he was unlucky. I thought he did well in that situation to shield the ball from their player who threw himself to the ground to get the pen.

As you say with him in the side our form was pretty good. I thought it was poor from Monk telling him that he didn't have a future at the club after only a few months here.

Whether it was the right thing to tell him he has no future at the club, probably not, but there’s no way he should have played ahead of Palmer. He’s not a full back in a 4-2-4 but his versatility could be useful  if he can find some form

11 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I agree with all of this. When we signed him I thought we had a brilliant attacking full back on our hands and as he has said its not worked that way for him. 

However, he IS better than Palmer and has previous of being a very good attacking full back in this league. Much better to persist with him and try get him playing well than continue to play Palmer who should have been moved on about 8 years ago !

The highlighted part above is the common denominator here... Monk is the problem. If Bruce was here ill bet you any money Odubajo would have been a revelation.

21 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

Fletcher will be on about £30k a week so a reduction will be needed. I think he will be pragmatic enough to accept as well

You mean £50/60 K. If he accepts £30k then get him signed.

• Haha 1

Id still bring in a goalkeeper, obviously he's not going to play Westwood and Dawson is not good enough!

Need three fullbacks if Fox leaves, but need improvements on him and Palmer.

Need three Central midfielders, will we get players of the same quality as what Lee and Hutchinson used to give us, Luongo is an injury liability.

If Fletcher stays its 3 strikers, Id keep Foriesteri and get 2 strikers in. We wont get three strikers in who are all better than Foriesteri!

29 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

He's on nowhere near 50 or 60k a week

Agree, recall at one fan forum DC saying nobody was on more than £30k. 

Suspect Fletcher (along with Bannan, Westwood and Rhodes) between £25-30k, probably towards the top end.

8 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Id still bring in a goalkeeper, obviously he's not going to play Westwood and Dawson is not good enough!

Need three fullbacks if Fox leaves, but need improvements on him and Palmer.

Need three Central midfielders, will we get players of the same quality as what Lee and Hutchinson used to give us, Luongo is an injury liability.

If Fletcher stays its 3 strikers, Id keep Foriesteri and get 2 strikers in. We wont get three strikers in who are all better than Foriesteri!

Everyone who thinks that we will bring in players that will make us challenge for promotion next season will be very disappointed.

It is all about rebuilding for the future, building solid base so we could improve year after year and challenge in the future.

9 minutes ago, malek said:

Everyone who thinks that we will bring in players that will make us challenge for promotion next season will be very disappointed.

It is all about rebuilding for the future, building solid base so we could improve year after year and challenge in the future.

Agree, we've tried the quick, out of the box strategy, players with reputation, almost made it but suffered the financial hangover for years.

I'm all for lowering the squad age, bringing in players to develop and with that comes a need to be patient.

We might get lucky, but as long as we are improving, then its progress. 

5 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Don't care if you believe me or not, those ARE his earnings. Also, don't ask me how I know. I just do.

Did this bloke tell you?

10577560-6771077-image-a-7_1551741278615.jpg.a5f59228e4977eceeed7484d3e087a71.jpg

"That Steven Fletcher is on £60k per week tha knows, I'm still getting paid in bog rolls from that fat bloke who bought the clube from mccabey"

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Don't care if you believe me or not, those ARE his earnings. Also, don't ask me how I know. I just do.

I know he came here on less than he was earning for Sunderland which was £65k a week and he dropped down a division and took over a 50% paycut.

I know he ain't anywhere near what you are quoting - don't ask me how I know I just do

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I agree with all of this. When we signed him I thought we had a brilliant attacking full back on our hands and as he has said its not worked that way for him. 

However, he IS better than Palmer and has previous of being a very good attacking full back in this league. Much better to persist with him and try get him playing well than continue to play Palmer who should have been moved on about 8 years ago !

The highlighted part above is the common denominator here... Monk is the problem. If Bruce was here ill bet you any money Odubajo would have been a revelation.

I’m not adverse to keeping him here, if only for his versatility It’s fair to say, we probably haven’t seen the best of yet However, he isn’t a full back, especially in the system we play, something I tried to tell people before we signed him

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I’m not adverse to keeping him here, if only for his versatility It’s fair to say, we probably haven’t seen the best of yet However, he isn’t a full back, especially in the system we play, something I tried to tell people before we signed him

Oh I agree he is a wing back really or in our 2015 system he would be brilliant. In our negative system where defenders defend and don't cross the half way line he is not a full back 

7 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Oh I agree he is a wing back really or in our 2015 system he would be brilliant. In our negative system where defenders defend and don't cross the half way line he is not a full back 

It all stems from our insistence on playing two out and out wingers In such a system, you need defensively solid full backs

59 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Due to the lack of options we have on the right wing could we try him a bit further forward like we used to do when we had Irish and King playing on the left flank back when we were good. God that sentence has just made me feel old. :tango: