Possible New Boss

Christ on a bike.

He's managing the Swedish Under 21s.

In no way does that make him cut out for managing a basket case like us and no one would think he could were he not a legend.

39 minutes ago, room0035 said:

So like most we have had enough of the dross on and off the pitch.

We need a new manager, new ideas someone the fans would love maybe even an ex Owls, some would say the greatest right back to ever play for us.

I'm am putting the name in the hat for new Owls manager Roland Nilsson. Currently managing the Swedish under 21's, has good managerial experience in Scandinavia, a market we used to get a lot of players from.

He could get time from the fans at least because any fan over 30 will have see him wearing the blue and white with pride, it could be just what we need to heal some riffs. Or not you decide.

Don't tarnish the legend.

Incidentally who were the "a lot of" players we got from the Scandinavian market?  I can only think of Nilsson, Alexandersson and Rudi who we brought over from there who were actually any good, plus we later had the legendary Kim Olsen and Ola Tidman.  And Ingesson and Soltvedt who came via clubs in other countries. A bit further back we had Siggi Jonsson but Iceland isn't really Scandinavian. 

6 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Only Warnock could turn this around 

but the morons of our fan base will not have it 

Without actually fully understanding the real issues going on at the club its difficult to say if anyone could actually sort out this sh!t show. We've got a reasonable idea around some of the issues but its not a stretch to imagine things are even worse at the core......

On Warnock, I don't know if he's the only one but he'd certainly give us something we're badly missing.

Personally I'd take him but equally I wouldn't be prepared to fall out with anyone that wouldn't because I think that's an equally valid view point on him.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

NEW RULE

From now on nobody is allowed to mention ex Wednesday players or ex Wednesday managers when talking about someone to be our next manager 

See how you get on with that...

Showumni for leader.

Enoch, Enoch, Enoch.

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I don't think a club exists that lives in the past more than us. :laugh:

This.

Absolutely cling onto that early 90s period.

Get Waddle, Sheridan, Nilsson in...none of whom would be up to the job.

Yes, they are legends, but that doesn't make them qualified to manage us.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

NEW RULE

From now on nobody is allowed to mention ex Wednesday players or ex Wednesday managers when talking about someone to be our next manager 

See how you get on with that...

Sheffield Wednesday football clubs new motto is

'In 1990s quod esset bonum'

• Haha 1

Guest Jack the Hat
42 minutes ago, BFR said:

Mark Robins, doing an amazing job at a club that might be an even bigger shower than us. They pick up some good youngsters and loan players too, if that ever became the managers job here 😉

When we signed him as a player he went from Mark Robbins to Mark Bobbins. Would probably happen again as manager.

26 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Don't tarnish the legend.

Incidentally who were the "a lot of" players we got from the Scandinavian market?  I can only think of Nilsson, Alexandersson and Rudi who we brought over from there who were actually any good, plus we later had the legendary Kim Olsen and Ola Tidman.  And Ingesson and Soltvedt who came via clubs in other countries. A bit further back we had Siggi Jonsson but Iceland isn't really Scandinavian. 

Nilsson, Alexandersson, Ingersson, Rudi all bought for the right price all good players for us.  

We had the fighting fin a few years later was the striker we needed at the time. Shefki kuqi.lol

17 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

We’re Monk to leave we would end up with a foreign unheard of manager.

Like the last 2 times people insisted this was gonna happen ?

Regards ex players ....        I’ve a bit of a suspicion if Monk went in the near future there’s a certain ex player who may be in with a very serious shout of a face to face with DC ,  Italian fella , not called Paolo 

Not even joking