Possible New Boss

4 hours ago, RoyCroppersHair said:

Wouldn’t mind Paul Cook

Paul Cook is a good shout.
Also seen Kenny Jacket been mentioned in the thread which would be a good choice.
Might be put off by the off field circumstances but think both a good standard Championship manager who would get us organised if we could be fairly stable off the pitch.

15 hours ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Dean Smith might be available very soon...

Would quite fancy Smith taking over, decent level of experience but still relatively young.  Alas, if Monk was to go, I think we would struggle to appoint anyone of his stature - more likely to be shopping in the unknown Portuguese chancer market.

19 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Paul Cook is a good shout.
Also seen Kenny Jacket been mentioned in the thread which would be a good choice.
Might be put off by the off field circumstances but think both a good standard Championship manager who would get us organised if we could be fairly stable off the pitch.

Think Jacket would also be a solid choice.  Not so keen on Cook but I think that’s more of an irrational dislike rather than any reflection on his ability.

• Like 1

On 09/03/2020 at 20:22, The Night-Owl said:

In the summer maybe. Would prefer someone up and coming on the rise. Sadly, don't see us staying up this season, with Monk or Bullen in charge. I'd have already got rid of both of them by now but DC will wait till the end of the season or will give one or both of them the chance to rebuild us in the summer, which I think will be yet another mistake.

Personally I'd take a punt in the summer on someone like Gareth Ainsworth for example from the Lower Leagues. This season, however we needed more proven experience but long term we need to be more sensible and forward thinking, and to let someone develop some sort of plan, I'd give someone like Ainsworth, their own coaching support and allow them time to build but I doubt DC would be that sensible or forward thinking.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if we're yet again talking about changing managers next year.

To be fair to Dc, he only seems to sign managers so far on a 1 year rolling contract. Probably one of  the smarter things he's done whilst he's been in charge.