Only 11,000 sold for City game

Guest samowl

10 minutes ago, Albertowl said:

He's not saying its the fans' fault though is he. Just saying that we should put all the issues, mismanagement and general frustration to one side and gret behind the team.

He said "I can't believe we have the Premier League Champions at home and we are struggling to sell 15,000 home tickets. It will be embarrassing if so, pathetic and spineless. They are words that can be labelled at the players recently, but I never thought I would label the fans this."

If that's not meant to blame fans for not turning up he's not chosen his words very carefully.  

lol

It's the mismanagement of the club that's led to this apathy.
The writings been on the wall for a long time and if this isn't a clear sign at the discontent @ the way the clubs being run I don't know what is.

You can't blame the fans for not wanting to turn up anymore.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Spare us the self righteousness. 

Our fans have put up with 20 years of utter poo . This season we have been utterly woeful at home despite paying some of the highest prices in the league. Instead of slagging the support off why don't you direct your sanctimony at the people who have let our supporters down big time. 

I have since he put up prices at the beginning of his reign, but that didn't stop me supporting my team. Any opinions that I or others had were basically told to shut up. One of the main critics, Kivo, who was ridiculed and got loads of abuse, is now popular with his opinions.

I have never liked Chansiri back when people treated him as a celebrity and don't now. My point is that we should now, probably more than ever, support the team. WAWAW? Not this Wednesday

Too many divides in the fanbase.

The fans who feel disenfranchised aren't in a hurry to come back and the rest of us , who still go, instead of feeling some sort of empathy , snipe at the nearest target..which is usually the other fans.

Whether you go or not, the club is going to hell in a handcart.

I doubt we will ever find the missing ground until DC chirps up, because simply letting this slide isn't an answer...and its an equation only he can work out, because whether or not he has all the answers, he certainly controls most of the questions..Cos theres no other bugger allowed to ask..and no other bugger allowed to answer.

E=DC  whateverthefook

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Too many divides in the fanbase.

The fans who feel disenfranchised aren't in a hurry to come back and the rest of us , who still go, instead of feeling some sort of empathy , snipe at the nearest target..which is usually the other fans.

Whether you go or not, the club is going to hell in a handcart.

I doubt we will ever find the missing ground until DC chirps up, because simply letting this slide isn't an answer...and its an equation only he can work out, because whether or not he has all the answers, he certainly controls most of the questions..Cos theres no other bugger allowed to ask..and no other bugger allowed to answer.

E=DC  whateverthefook

that is just about it 

Part timers don't want to go/too much etc

Season ticket holders feel like its a chore, unappreciated, taken for granted 

No real light at the end of the tunnel  - seems like its every man for himself rather than a club

25 minutes ago, RockieOwl said:

I have since he put up prices at the beginning of his reign, but that didn't stop me supporting my team. Any opinions that I or others had were basically told to shut up. One of the main critics, Kivo, who was ridiculed and got loads of abuse, is now popular with his opinions.

I have never liked Chansiri back when people treated him as a celebrity and don't now. My point is that we should now, probably more than ever, support the team. WAWAW? Not this Wednesday

That is fair enough mate, but I think you have to also recognise that fans don't like having the wee wee ripped out of them. And although the team may need support, what did they do on Saturday to give any indication that they give a poo whether we are there or not? I respect those that want to go and support us come what may, but I think you also have to understand why some may choose not to spend £30 to watch another spineless showing. 

9 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

That is fair enough mate, but I think you have to also recognise that fans don't like having the wee wee ripped out of them. And although the team may need support, what did they do on Saturday to give any indication that they give a poo whether we are there or not? I respect those that want to go and support us come what may, but I think you also have to understand why some may choose not to spend £30 to watch another spineless showing. 

I came to the conclusion on saturday , that its not a matter of the team not trying...They're simply not good enough.

Theres a difference...

Now... HOW the team became not good enough is a different question.

You can accuse of them of not trying, but , sadly, thats papering over the cracks, and will engender the hope that should the "Odd" thing change Wednesday will suddenly start playing decent football.

We haven't played much "Decent" football all season...Its a battle

Edited by asteener1867

6 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I came to the conclusion on saturday , that its not a matter of the team not trying...They're simply not good enough.

Theres a difference...

You can accuse of them of not trying, but , sadly, thats papering over the cracks, and will engender the hope that should the "Odd" thing change Wednesday will suddenly start playing decent football.

They were good enough to get us to third before Christmas mate. For me the players have downed tools, and that is unacceptable. 

13 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Theres a difference...

I think asteneer's response is true also, but there is definitely a weakness mentally as well. Problem is, some players who do try are just not very good (Fox, Palmer)

Losing 5-0, 3-0, 3-1 in three of the last five home games is definitely a million miles away of what is acceptable. But seeing the estimated sales figures this morning made me ashamed and posted what I did and I rarely criticize anything, football related (match days excepted) or not.. I always had pride in our support, but the attendance on Wednesday will be more embarrassing than just about any scoreline.

23 hours ago, james o connor said:

Anybody who wants to pay to watch that shower needs medical attention. 

Well I have paid for two tickets, and i can assure you that I do not need medical attention.  I do not claim to be a #superfan or #truefan, just a fan, why wouldn't I go?

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

23 hours ago, Owl in Manc said:

I haven't yet purchased a ticket, I don't intend to either. I won't even watch it on the Tele. 

I will however have a bet on Citeh, to win 9-1 at 300/1, would pay for my season. Ticket, which is already purchased. 

I have a feeling for 11-0 but Skybet are not quoting a price, I think I'll request one.

1 hour ago, RockieOwl said:

I can't believe we have the Premier League Champions at home and we are struggling to sell 15,000 home tickets. It will be embarrassing if so, pathetic and spineless. They are words that can be labelled at the players recently, but I never thought I would label the fans this. For years we have been awful but have always been able to say we have great fans who stick with the team through thick and thin. Apart from the away fans who still travel in numbers, can we say that about our support anymore? Hillsborough has been a fortress when its been nearly full, and this is a great chance to forget the league form and support the team in a great fixture, one that we have not seen for a very very long time. Instead, our fans are cowering behind the sofa at home, ready to go on here or Twitter or wherever to have another go at the players and manager.

I hate it when people compare us to United, but for once I am going to do it. When they were in League 1 under Clough and had Spurs at home, they got 30+. They got behind the team and gave it a good go. I get that some fans will have legitimate reasons why they can't go, but most are just hiding using stupid excuses. The atmosphere will suffer because of this and all we will hear is Man City fans taking away a big part of the home advantage.

Neg away. At least it will show who the pathetic, spineless fans are.

Don’t you just love it when a super fan comes on here and tells everyone how to spend their money.lol

With regards to supporting my team, with the exception of a couple of seasons at the end of the 90s when I was at University, I’ve had a season ticket ever since 1992 and I’ve renewed for next season so don’t lecture me (and many like me) about being spineless.

The fans have shown enough that they support this club through thin (and thinner), but if a half empty stadium is what it takes to show Chansiri that we are not happy with the status quo then so be it, enough is enough.

Also if you’re going to compare our support with the pigs fantastic support, you should try comparing our playoff matches against Brentford, Brighton or Huddersfield with the support they got for their semi final against Preston.

8 minutes ago, PeteG_1984 said:

This will be my first match since the Huddersfield penalty shootout out debacle. I booked my ticket before the Derby game 🙄

A real die hard then?

It must be killing you how the club is at the minute.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

They were good enough to get us to third before Christmas mate. For me the players have downed tools, and that is unacceptable. 

Thats true....But once the confidence is shot, its not a matter of not trying, it becomes a matter of being scared to try.

Those two ridiculous balls from Lees and Harris on Saturday..It wasn't deliberate...It wasn't a matter of not being bothered..It was sheer bloody not knowing what to do with it.

Dawson..he hoofs it upfield...catcalls...He tries to "Play" it out...disaster...

Their minds are messed up.

The fans are equally frustrated...

At one bit when Bannan used to spin..."Wahaay" went the fans...now its "Stop pirouhetting you f.ookin' idiot"

Fletcher looking bemused as "you're not fit to wear the shirt"..rings out...Whats he expect ..some sort of "Caveat"   "except you Fletch"...doesn't scan.

The fans have had enough, theyre showing it..The players are frightened ..They're showing it

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Before Christmas the midfield and defence were rubbish, but we kept scoring goals! Even when Fletcher didn't play someone would pop up with a hat-trick, for example. Now, despite some of us getting a bit giddy because Wickham or Forestieri decide to honour us with a bit of running here and there in one game out of three, we are not scoring enough goals. 

Our midfield and defence will be put under more pressure, if the oppositions midfield, defence and attack do not have to worry about us taking the odd shot at their goal. They do not have to worry too much about our attack because, despite good play from some of our attackers, like Murphy, Harris, Lee or Bannan (when he gets further forward), our finishers, like Fletcher, Wickham and Forestieri really need to put more of the chances away. According to one of the stats given out recently, apparently, if we had the divisions average conversion rate we would be fourth in the division, despite all the goals we have shipped! The knock on effect could actually be greater than that in our favour, but it just shows where the blame really lies, because it is not just our midfield and defence making all the mistakes. We are making more bad decisions and are showing less skill and technique in front of the oppositions goal area, than we are in our own goal area. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Thats true....But once the confidence is shot, its not a matter of not trying, it becomes a matter of being scared to try.

Those two ridiculous balls from Lees and Harris on Saturday..It wasn't deliberate...It wasn't a matter of not being bothered..It was sheer bloody not knowing what to do with it.

Dawson..he hoofs it upfield...catcalls...He tries to "Play" it out...disaster...

Their minds are messed up.

The fans are equally frustrated...

At one bit when Bannan used to spin..."Wahaay" went the fans...now its "Stop pirouhetting you f.ookin' idiot"

Fletcher looking bemused as "you're not fit to wear the shirt"..rings out...Whats he expect ..some sort of "Caveat"   "except you Fletch"...doesn't scan.

The fans have had enough, theyre showing it..The players are frightened ..They're showing it

Lawrie Madden got it right in commentary the other day. One thing we are guilty of at the minute is that we're trying to walk the ball into the net. Too over elaborate at times unfortunately it's what teams do when going through a bad spell.