Only 11,000 sold for City game

Guest samowl

5 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Have you ever listened to "The Squad" on a Sunday morning?

Jesus.

It makes 6-0-6 look like the zenith of human achievement.

Is it worse than The Football Social on Sky? How that ginger kid didn’t get decked by the Chelsea fan is anyone’s guess. 

3 minutes ago, torres said:

It used to be good, now it’s sickeningly bad. Typical BBC really. 

Number of callers they get like the one you state out number any that go to the games by about 20 to 1 

Imagine not going to matches yet piping up with your opinion........

It’s bizarre mate. I don’t see how any normal person would experience that thought process. 

When I hear they haven’t been to the game I invariably switch over. Especially when it’s some top 4 nobber moaning about how poo they are. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

When I hear they haven’t been to the game I invariably switch over.

For years I've done the same, especially on RS. I believe there should also be a thread on OT for people who have actually been to matches, to share factual views. Less threads would then be sidetracked into general waffle. 

Who in their right mind, would join a discussion & pass opinion on, a film at the cinema, which they hadn't seen, ffs?!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

They have been as bad as us this season but there is a serious disconnect between the owner of our club and the fans. I have never known our fanbase as apathetic as it is now. Even if our tickets were priced at £15 for adults,  we’d still not sell out given the current state of affairs. 

Aren't Derby in same current state of affairs as us with EFL? 

11 hours ago, torres said:

I think it’s beyond medical science 

For about 10 years in our ENTIRE history we’ve been good on the pitch 

For at least 60 years we’ve been shocking behind the scenes (probably more)

No one in their right mind would choose to support us 

Despite all that our support has been remarkable 

The club doesn’t deserve what our support does 

If only it was a choice.

I promised my kid that we’d go to every round until we’re knocked out, creating memories.. the cup dream died when we drew City but it’s a great chance to show him some top players. 

I’m as sick of Chansiri as everyone else but he’s not going to stop me from turning my son into an Owl much like me refusing to attend won’t make him clear off any quicker. 

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria
11 hours ago, bradowl said:

Derby are charging £30 adults £15 kids v Man Utd, game is live on TV and  is sold out.

And they've been as bad as us this season.

Derby fans will think they have a chance though.

We have absolutely zero.

11 hours ago, bradowl said:

Derby are charging £30 adults £15 kids v Man Utd, game is live on TV and  is sold out.

And they've been as bad as us this season.

This is the official Wayne Rooney love in though isnt it. Surprised tickets aren't more.

lol

25 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Derby fans will think they have a chance though.

We have absolutely zero.

Derby may well end up getting battered as well, but I bet their team  shows more passion, pride and commitment throughout the 90 minutes than our shower do.

I can't believe we have the Premier League Champions at home and we are struggling to sell 15,000 home tickets. It will be embarrassing if so, pathetic and spineless. They are words that can be labelled at the players recently, but I never thought I would label the fans this. For years we have been awful but have always been able to say we have great fans who stick with the team through thick and thin. Apart from the away fans who still travel in numbers, can we say that about our support anymore? Hillsborough has been a fortress when its been nearly full, and this is a great chance to forget the league form and support the team in a great fixture, one that we have not seen for a very very long time. Instead, our fans are cowering behind the sofa at home, ready to go on here or Twitter or wherever to have another go at the players and manager.

I hate it when people compare us to United, but for once I am going to do it. When they were in League 1 under Clough and had Spurs at home, they got 30+. They got behind the team and gave it a good go. I get that some fans will have legitimate reasons why they can't go, but most are just hiding using stupid excuses. The atmosphere will suffer because of this and all we will hear is Man City fans taking away a big part of the home advantage.

Neg away. At least it will show who the pathetic, spineless fans are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RockieOwl said:

I can't believe we have the Premier League Champions at home and we are struggling to sell 15,000 home tickets. It will be embarrassing if so, pathetic and spineless. They are words that can be labelled at the players recently, but I never thought I would label the fans this. For years we have been awful but have always been able to say we have great fans who stick with the team through thick and thin. Apart from the away fans who still travel in numbers, can we say that about our support anymore? Hillsborough has been a fortress when its been nearly full, and this is a great chance to forget the league form and support the team in a great fixture, one that we have not seen for a very very long time. Instead, our fans are cowering behind the sofa at home, ready to go on here or Twitter or wherever to have another go at the players and manager.

I hate it when people compare us to United, but for once I am going to do it. When they were in League 1 under Clough and had Spurs at home, they got 30+. They got behind the team and gave it a good go. I get that some fans will have legitimate reasons why they can't go, but most are just hiding using stupid excuses. The atmosphere will suffer because of this and all we will hear is Man City fans taking away a big part of the home advantage.

It's not the fans' fault. It's the apathy the mismanagement of the club has generated.

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

It's not the fans' fault. It's the apathy the mismanagement of the club has generated.

He's not saying its the fans' fault though is he. Just saying that we should put all the issues, mismanagement and general frustration to one side and gret behind the team.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RockieOwl said:

Spare us the self righteousness. 

Our fans have put up with 20 years of utter poo . This season we have been utterly woeful at home despite paying some of the highest prices in the league. Instead of slagging the support off why don't you direct your sanctimony at the people who have let our supporters down big time. 

• Thanks 1