Only 11,000 sold for City game

Guest samowl

The sad state of affairs at our club when you think the champions of England and one of the best teams in Europe are coming and we are struggling to sell half the stadium out. 

The team is in a horrid run of form with little sign of luck playing any part in it, the lack of the manager to pick a starting 11 to play a formation and compete is scary. The amount of time this season that Monk has changed the starting line up and tactics at half time tells its own story.

I won't be surprised if we set up 5-4-1 with Nuihu up front due to his lack of ability to pick a team to have even the smallest of chances to compete.

For me only a few from Saturday deserve to play in the game I would drop the rest. Westwood and Hutch are not allowed to play because the manager has issues with players who question him, but it is pretty clear to see players should be asking what the f is going on.

For me change everyone except the few that actually tried on saturday

Wildsmith, Fox, Iorfa, Borner, Urhoghide, Fessi, Lee, Windass, DaCruz, Rhodes, Fletcher - not my first choice 11 but those that tried on Saturday get to play the other the likes of Dawson, Lees, Bannan, Harris, Murphy, Wickham need to take a long hard look at themselves and decide if they want to stay at our club as the defending was school boy level and the attitude was not acceptable for a professional football team. I would also strip Lees of the captaincy - players look to the captain to lead by example and he is only leading us one way and that's into the bottom 3.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The sad state of affairs at our club when you think the champions of England and one of the best teams in Europe are coming and we are struggling to sell half the stadium out. 

The team is in a horrid run of form with little sign of luck playing any part in it, the lack of the manager to pick a starting 11 to play a formation and compete is scary. The amount of time this season that Monk has changed the starting line up and tactics at half time tells its own story.

I won't be surprised if we set up 5-4-1 with Nuihu up front due to his lack of ability to pick a team to have even the smallest of chances to compete.

For me only a few from Saturday deserve to play in the game I would drop the rest. Westwood and Hutch are not allowed to play because the manager has issues with players who question him, but it is pretty clear to see players should be asking what the f is going on.

Wildsmith, Fox, Iorfa, Borner, Urhoghide, Fessi, Lee, Windass, DaCruz, Rhodes, Fletcher - not my first choice 11 but those that tried on Saturday get to play the other the likes of Dawson, Lees, Bannan, Harris, Murphy, Wickham need to take a long hard look at themselves and decide if they want to stay at our club as the defending was school boy level and the attitude was not acceptable for a professional football team. I would also strip Lees of the captaincy - players look to the captain to lead by example and he is only leading us one way and that's into the bottom 3.

Yeah think that team will certainly give City a run :ph34r:

Actually thought Murphy was trying hard on Saturday and did OK and got an assist.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

1 minute ago, Parsons Cross Owl said:

Er, it`s called supporting your team.

Easy to be a `fan` when thinks are going well, find out your genuine fans when things aren`t.

what about season ticket holders who aren’t going to the Man City march?

How do they rate on the scoring system?

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, room0035 said:

But its not only Monk who appears to have issues with Westwood and Hutch .So if what you say is true they obviously try to dictate to whichever manager it is,apart from Bullen .

1 minute ago, pioowl said:

But its not only Monk who appears to have issues with Westwood and Hutch .So if what you say is true they obviously try to dictate to whichever manager it is,apart from Bullen .

If the team were doing great we would support the decision but when we are crap in defense, conceding soft goals and have no bite in midfield, you can think what you like of Westwood and Hutch but the team would have more points now with them and we would not be such a soft touch for every visiting team.

That second goal on Saturday said everything you need to know, no midfield, Lees losing the ball, no one tracking back, then a soft shot that a 10 year old kid could have stopped goes past Dawson - very poor all round.

I think we have to go 1 up top in this game and try to feed off scraps from Fletcher whenever we do manage to get the ball up top, we need pace on the wings as we'll only get a few opportunities to counter attack.

I think Pelupessy will play (surely down to Lee probably not going to play another game and there's nobody else to do that role!) 

I'd go with this:

Dawson

Palmer

Borner

Iorfa

Fox

Pelupessy

Bannan

Forestieri

Da Cruz

Murphy

Fletcher

I think we have to go 1 up top in this game and try to feed off scraps from Fletcher whenever we do manage to get the ball up top, we need pace on the wings as we'll only get a few opportunities to counter attack.

I think Pelupessy will play (surely down to Lee probably not going to play another game and there's nobody else to do that role!) 

I'd go with this:

Dawson

Palmer

Borner

Iorfa

Fox

Pelupessy

Bannan

Forestieri

Da Cruz

Murphy

Fletcher

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

what about season ticket holders who aren’t going to the Man City march?

How do they rate on the scoring system?

To be fair season ticket holders who have decided not to go deserve some time off from watching us at home.

I'll be at the game, reyt looking forward to it, Monk has been building up to this and we are going to catch them out with the element of surprise. Pep's lot will have done some serious scouting on us so they won't know what has hit them when we actually try to make a forward pass and tackle them in the first half! :ghoulguy: 

4 hours ago, PortlandOwl said:

Don't understand why anyone would even contemplate going at the moment.

I'm only going because I'm a supporter of Sheffield Wednesday. 

Hope this is a good enough reason for you. 

• Like 2

I don't really understand anybody taking the p*** out of people for going. Or even worse - urging them not to go.

Ive chosen not to go as Im absolutely sick of watching us at the moment. But I'd never have a go at someone whos chosen to go. Fair play. It just means their tolerance levels are better than mine.

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

I don't really understand anybody taking the p*** out of people for going. Or even worse - urging them not to go.

Ive chosen not to go as Im absolutely sick of watching us at the moment. But I'd never have a go at someone whos chosen to go. Fair play. It just means their tolerance levels are better than mine.

It's going to be less stressful than watching on the BBC 

46 minutes ago, modboy said:

If we sit back they will pick us off

If we attack they will destroy us

To be fair we do hold a significant advantage over them in terms of their preparation.

Pep often likes to do in-depth analysis on the weakness of the opposition in order to be able to take advantage of this. City will have only had a couple of days to work on this for the game against us so no chance they will have had enough time to cover all of our weaknesses! 

1 minute ago, torres said:

Depends how early you get in the pub

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Depends how early you get in the pub

You would have to have been there from yesterday morning!!

Been on Pints of Vodka and only eaten half a peanut 

Just the thought of their commentary is making me ill 

14 minutes ago, torres said:

Too right.

For my sins a married into a family of Utd fans. The thought of my Mrs smirking in the background as I hide behind the settee on Wednesday evening is too much to contemplate. Worth paying £25 just to avoid that!