£555

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

And still has not sign a new contract, surely it does not take this long unless something is up. Or he has had his head turned by another better run club.

If that is the criteria he will be off to Darlington next season . Can't be many clubs run with no apparent direction . Still if he books a d taxi he will never get away . 

3 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

All very true.  I’m one of those that has already renewed my ST.

Sadly I think this is the point where a sizeable fraction of the fanbase will decide not to renew their season tickets.

Frankly, the club has been taking the pi$s out of the fan’s loyalty for too long IMO.

I normally renew for me and my two lads - upwards of £1,500 pa but enough is enough

We have a 2.30 hour round trip for home games, they have other things going on in their lives and I am struggling to get buy in to go to games this season due to the apathy being created by the current regime - i have no issue with the cost of renewing but there is no value - I am and have always been a Wednesdayite - I don't expect to win every week -i just want us to be competitive so that I can enjoy a Saturday afternoon with the boys without the constant doom and gloom

I agree that the club is taking the wee wee and I will really miss the Saturday afternoon banter next season but the joy has been sucked out of the match day experience and enough is enough .....

2 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

You can be a Wednesdayite without being a Chansirite.

Geniunely don’t know how bad it has to get until the Chansirites like yourself realise the damage he’s doing to our club

What absolutebollox  ....... fuckalltodo with Chansiri ...... grow a pair you absolutefuckin gimp

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, ka58 said:

totally agree.

the sad thing is my daughter has started showing an interest as she’s got a bit older.if I’ve got an away match on red button she will sit with me now and watch it.

we’d nothing on today so I thought I might take her but when I went online I just couldn’t justify it.

£58.

i took her into town instead - had summat to eat walked round shops bought her a couple of tops and still didn’t spend £58 - all while checking score and seeing us 3-0 down after 30mins.

i don’t expect Wednesday to win every game, I don’t expect to be entertained, and that Is ok when it’s sensibly priced.

for £58 I need to do something I know well enjoy.

100% the same for me.

I live a good 3 hours drive away but would love to go to more games with my lad who is 9 - the journey itself isnt really an issue as it's a day out.

The problem is that the price of everything - tickets, shirts, merchandise - is so sky high and the quality of matchday experience, on pitch excitement and likelihood of decent result is so incredibly low I just cannot justify going.

Him supporting Sheffield Wednesday is a constant and long-term source of ridicule from school friends - as it is to me with my mates (and even wife!) too. 

In the wider world Sheffield Wednesday conjures up thoughts of a big club constantly underperforming, disappointment, bottling, regular embarrassing home defeats to even more awful teams... we are truly one of the laughing stocks and it kills me inside knowing that I've subjected my lad to this ongoing mess in his life. 

But its stuck with him, as it is with me - because the idiots keep poking those jabs of hope into us every now and again - just enough to keep us interested and lure us into a false sense of optimism.

I dont know of any other club like us.  HUGE stadium, HUGE fanbase, huge potential to get it right - but even with a owner ploughing millions in we still manage to completely mess it up through a complete lack of commercial awareness and a team who seemingly don't give a rats backside about things.

Edited by davey_wells
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, casbahowl said:

Imbecile orfuckwitt ...... maybe idiot 

You wouldn't get away with talking to people like that in person, so don't do it on here you screamer.

I'm utterly baffled how anyone can defend Chansiri anymore, if you're genuinely happy with him running us into the ground then you crack on. 

Enjoy. 

• Like 2

Chansiri's a noodle, and a stubborn, arrogant one at that.

But in fairness we never have any luck.

Losing Hooper before the semi, Fatso committing an act of high treason, and this time around Fletcher's injury.

You don't have to be lucky to make headway, you just need not to be unlucky.

Until that happens, the cloud hanging over the club is unlikely to be dispelled.

4 hours ago, davey_wells said:

100% the same for me.

I live a good 3 hours drive away but would love to go to more games with my lad who is 9 - the journey itself isnt really an issue as it's a day out.

The problem is that the price of everything - tickets, shirts, merchandise - is so sky high and the quality of matchday experience, on pitch excitement and likelihood of decent result is so incredibly low I just cannot justify going.

Him supporting Sheffield Wednesday is a constant and long-term source of ridicule from school friends - as it is to me with my mates (and even wife!) too. 

In the wider world Sheffield Wednesday conjures up thoughts of a big club constantly underperforming, disappointment, bottling, regular embarrassing home defeats to even more awful teams... we are truly one of the laughing stocks and it kills me inside knowing that I've subjected my lad to this ongoing mess in his life. 

But its stuck with him, as it is with me - because the idiots keep poking those jabs of hope into us every now and again - just enough to keep us interested and lure us into a false sense of optimism.

I dont know of any other club like us.  HUGE stadium, HUGE fanbase, huge potential to get it right - but even with a owner ploughing millions in we still manage to completely mess it up through a complete lack of commercial awareness and a team who seemingly don't give a rats backside about things.

I just think that we're unlucky, that's all.

I mean, had Brucelosis stayed then where would we be?

It was just our rotten, stinking luck that Newcastle came in for him.

We were doing fine till Fletcher got injured; why him, of all people?

The team's now lost momentum and any hopes of promotion with it, not to mention the looming points deduction saga.

Chansiri's a pie can, but given a fair crack of the whip we wouldn't be in this mess.

• Haha 1