£555

2 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Most improved yes but one of our best !! We are not going up anytime soon then . 

Pigs got promoted with a team full of Fox/Palmer type players. Reliable, hard working players who get the job done. 

Its the "better" players who perform 5 times a season that let us down. 

1 hour ago, Lee A said:

Pigs got promoted with a team full of Fox/Palmer type players. Reliable, hard working players who get the job done. 

Sorry but a team of fox and palmers will simply take us down in spectacular fashion

2 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

Sorry but a team of fox and palmers will simply take us down in spectacular fashion

Maybe true, but I'd have said similar about a team of Enda Stevens, Chris Basham, Luke Freeman etc last year.

My point isn't necessarily about Fox and Palmer specifically, more that you'll get further with less gifted players like them who are reliable and put the work in every week and, than you will with Forestieri turning up 5 times a year or a load of expensive crocks grabbing one last pay day like we have had in recent seasons.  

48 minutes ago, Lee A said:

Maybe true, but I'd have said similar about a team of Enda Stevens, Chris Basham, Luke Freeman etc last year.

My point isn't necessarily about Fox and Palmer specifically, more that you'll get further with less gifted players like them who are reliable and put the work in every week and, than you will with Forestieri turning up 5 times a year or a load of expensive crocks grabbing one last pay day like we have had in recent seasons.  

The fact still remains we aren’t good enough if Fox is one of our best players . I don’t see how what the pigs achieved has anything to do with our situation but it seems to me it was the system that got them up, don’t like drawing comparisons with anything they do , 

Edited by dewsburyowl58

5 hours ago, Lee A said:

Aye, but they'd got Wilder managing them.

Monk ain't Wilder.

22 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

You can be a Wednesdayite without being a Chansirite.

Geniunely don’t know how bad it has to get until the Chansirites like yourself realise the damage he’s doing to our club

Love the binary thinking.

You’re either a “Chansiriite” or you’re whatever the opposite is.

No room for anything in the middle.

It’s either black or white.

You think he’s absolutely wonderful & hasn’t put a foot wrong or he’s an absolute villain who had deliberately tried single handedly tried to ruin the club.

All a bit childish and not bearing much resemblance to the real world.

12 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

Not with right manager in charge, playing 2 wingers with Lee and Bannan in middle will not work against most teams at this level, especially with 2 center halfs that gift most opponents a goal start, if they don't then Dawson will. 

I said this about 3 years ago, we need a beast in middle of park, Pelupessy isn't the player, Hutchinson is on occasions but is either injured or suspended too often, whilst on some occasions even he doesn't look good enough. 

Luongo shows promise but nowt special, maybe Iorfa could be given a go in midfield, Monk seems to have tried different things, some bazaar, Pelupessy and Forestieri at wing backs, so surprised he's not tried this one yet.  

23 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Love the binary thinking.

You’re either a “Chansiriite” or you’re whatever the opposite is.

No room for anything in the middle.

It’s either black or white.

You think he’s absolutely wonderful & hasn’t put a foot wrong or he’s an absolute villain who had deliberately tried single handedly tried to ruin the club.

All a bit childish and not bearing much resemblance to the real world.

I was replying to a post that said being a Wednesdayite is unconditional. Is that not binary?

if people cant afford it / cant take that we are a badly run club then I can understand them bailing out …I don't think its fair to ridicule those that stick with em with the "true fan" label . I think we are all fans on here and some will go and  support the club no matter how bad we are and some wont …….its what fans do that's why clubs at the top have rising attendances and those at the bottom don't and if by some miracle we are in some play off final at Wembley next year  we'll  have 40000 scrambling for tickets...…... 

14 hours ago, Lee A said:

Whilst this is largely true, yes you need the hard working players but you also need a manager who can motivate players, install belief, get that extra 10% out of the limited ability they possess and above command respect, the pigs had Wilder, we have Monk, enough said.

Edited by Blue and white

Fans have a patience threshold. There was a dreamy relationship in 2016 because we nearly achieved something when no one expected us to. 

that in turn raised the expectations from owner to occasional potg punters.

Ticket prices soared, bang average merchandise was produced late at exorbitant prices, match day experience worse than ever. 

slowly but surely (myself included) fans have run out of patience with the current structure and will stop attending games and buying said merchandise. 

It’s a personal decision. 

11 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Whilst this is largely true, yes you need the hard working players but you also need a manager who can motivate players, install belief, get that extra 10% out of the limited ability they possess and above command respect, the pigs had Wilder, we have Monk, enough said.

we also had carlos ,jos , bruce as well as monk so I wouldn't be pinning it  all monk …..

I've said before, I've been going for 20 years in the hope that we would finally "get there".

My patience has very nearly worn out due to an owner who does not know how to run a football club gradually making a bigger and bigger mess of things. Ten years ago I still had some blind optimism, but I think the two Playoff failures followed by recent events have left many fans jaded.

5 minutes ago, torryowl said:

we also had carlos ,jos , bruce as well as monk so I wouldn't be pinning it  all monk …..

I honestly think Bruce was the one to take us to the next level, he seemed to have control that other managers including Monk don't appear to have been given, things were definitely heading in the right direction under him.

I feel Carlos, Joss and Monk are all undermined and have no more to do than take training and get the squad ready for match days.

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

I honestly think Bruce was the one to take us to the next level, he seemed to have control that other managers including Monk don't appear to have been given, things were definitely heading in the right direction under him.

I feel Carlos, Joss and Monk are all undermined and have no more to do than take training and get the squad ready for match days.

that's how I would read it as well but bruce was never going to be  long term here at the asylum...... 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Which begs the question, if you don't trust your manager why hire them.

you have to or you'd never hire one …..there like wives you never know if they are any good at it until you marry em .

• Haha 1