Quick view from the Blue Moon

10 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Francis Lee was one of my boyhood heros, scored a cracker of a goal for England against Wales ,had a soft spot for City buts its waned as now they have become so successful.  

I used to quite like Man City before all the money came in. Sort of a club that would always find away to wee wee tail things up and just fall short.
Man City not really the same club at all that used to play at Maine Road.

Although despite they success they do not seem to have found a load of new tourist type fans.

Old Trafford was breathtaking when I last went in 1994.  And i'm sure it still is.

Maine Road also.  The scale was amazing and it showed the size and representation of proper working class Manchester.

The Etihad was a bit dissapointing to be honest.  I don't know if it ever has been a cauldron of noise, must have been when Aguero won them the league in the last minute.

All very fake, plasticky and Disneyland.  But if that meant us having a more stable future with 'nicer' facilities (Hillsbrough is getting grimy), I'd welcome a smaller version as we'd have to move with the times.  It would break my heart but thats life.

And the fans would still get behind the team if we could see an effort.

And at the very least it would give people something new to moan about. 

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

My nephews under 11 team went to City a few months back. Pre match they were on the training pitches next to the stadium and my nephew managed to win a competition. The prize? To walk out with the team (I think it was v Southampton). They asked my Brother if it was ok and he said ‘yeah but he’s only got his Wednesday shirt’ No problem, they gave him a full City kit to wear and keep. Fantastic experience for a young lad. I like City, still a proper club. 

Guest Ferkorf
1 hour ago, Mountain Owl said:

We don't have to go around hating everyone. It may be a minority but some clubs and fans are worthy of respect. 

Never said we had to hate anyone.

But got to draw the line at holding hands and singing rangers songs along with them like some did the other year

14 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Everyone does...thats why we've got fr@gall to lose.

Will we have any ex players on the pitch at half time while it's 3-0 saying its down to who scores next?

I'd say we've a lot to lose.   If we get absolutely battered which is a real possibility, it'll also batter the confidence of a team which is currently nearing rock bottom :duntmatter:

15 hours ago, Ferkorf said:

Hate it when clubs get all loved up with one another.

Same with that rangers love in the other season.

Pass me the sick bucket :duntmatter:

Don't worry, every single complimentary comment towards Wednesday (or negative comment towards United) on a neutral team's forum will be instantly denounced by pigs as being posted by Wednesdayites in disguise.

16 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

One of our forums is trying to organise a boycott for this game, so should be plenty of tickets for you in home areas.

Own up, who's the idiot encouraging them to try and get in home areas?

11 minutes ago, OWLS about that? said:

I'd say we've a lot to lose.   If we get absolutely battered which is a real possibility, it'll also batter the confidence of a team which is currently nearing rock bottom :duntmatter:

Really wish i'd though of this scenario.

I'm not going to sleep this week now.

ghost.jpg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, No Uniform said:

Used to really like City. They were a club like us had become a yoyo. Plus they had Shaun Goater, who was one of my favourite players growing up (my dad was a Rotherham fan). 

Can't really abide them now. Live in Manchester and my gf's family are all city. Went to the Etihad for a champions league game, it felt soulless. My gf's dad refuses to go and he had a season ticket at Maine road for years. 

We was linked with Goater when he was at Rotherham, I was telling my Wednesday mates that we should sign him and they just laughed at me. 

£500k was fee mentioned. 

Even in them days that was a bargain signing. 

3 hours ago, bradowl said:

We was linked with Goater when he was at Rotherham, I was telling my Wednesday mates that we should sign him and they just laughed at me. 

£500k was fee mentioned. 

Even in them days that was a bargain signing. 

He was sold for £150k and then Bristol got promoted to the championship and city went the other way. They got him for £250k, he pretty much got them promoted 2 seasons in a row.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BIG D said:

My nephews under 11 team went to City a few months back. Pre match they were on the training pitches next to the stadium and my nephew managed to win a competition. The prize? To walk out with the team (I think it was v Southampton). They asked my Brother if it was ok and he said ‘yeah but he’s only got his Wednesday shirt’ No problem, they gave him a full City kit to wear and keep. Fantastic experience for a young lad. I like City, still a proper club. 

Should have made him wear his Wednesday shirt