Quick view from the Blue Moon

I think a great deal will depend on the attitude of the ref towards “tough” tackling and simulation. If he clamps down on the former and turns a blind eye on the latter, there’s a high chance that one of our players will be sent off. If the ref allows “tough” tackling and is wise to simulation then we have a chance. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bradowl said:

Always had a soft spot for City, nothing to do with recent success, I'm going back to 1970s.

I've always disliked Man Utd and I remember City beating them in a midweek Cup game 4-0, watched highlights and was impressed with football City played, they had some great players back then, likes of Colin Bell, Asa Hartford and a bit later Tommy Hutchinson but my fav was Peter Barnes, he was unstoppable when on form.

Francis Lee was one of my boyhood heros, scored a cracker of a goal for England against Wales ,had a soft spot for City buts its waned as now they have become so successful.  

8 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Francis Lee was one of my boyhood heros, scored a cracker of a goal for England against Wales ,had a soft spot for City buts its waned as now they have become so successful.  

Same here. I don’t begrudge them the success; it’s the manner that they’ve achieved the success that turns me off. 

8 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

We would snatch the hands of a owner like city have got.it really wouldn't bother me 1 bit if we bought our way out of this league and succeeded in the premier league 

Theres spending restrictions even in the prem,thats all down to the 3BN man citys owners pumped into the club

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Jealousy for me lol 

To a certain extent, part of me is jealous but to an equal or greater extent, I don’t think I’d like to become successful in the way they have. They still have a solid and very large group of “traditional” fans but they seem to have also acquired a lot of plastic fans and glory chasers. Maybe it just comes with the territory. I remember seeing quite a few people wearing Blackburn shirts in the mid-90s. 

11 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

We would snatch the hands of a owner like city have got.it really wouldn't bother me 1 bit if we bought our way out of this league and succeeded in the premier league 

Yes, we would and I’d still attend but I don’t know if I’d be truly satisfied with it. Traditionally, your Citys and your Chelseas haven’t been at the level to win top flight championships regularly. City should be in a group, along with the likes of us, Chelsea, Villa, Spurs, Everton, Newcastle, Leeds and Forest that push at the higher end of the top division. Money has screwed that up now and we find the likes Bournemouth, Burnley and Brighton in the Premier League. 

Used to really like City. They were a club like us had become a yoyo. Plus they had Shaun Goater, who was one of my favourite players growing up (my dad was a Rotherham fan). 

Can't really abide them now. Live in Manchester and my gf's family are all city. Went to the Etihad for a champions league game, it felt soulless. My gf's dad refuses to go and he had a season ticket at Maine road for years. 

Last time we played them in the FA cup we went drinking at the Printworks.

We were talking to some Man City lads and they said they still couldn't believe their luck at what was happening.  And that they were just waiting for it to all go wrong.

Maybe this is the time.  Starting next Wednesday ;)

Guest Ferkorf
10 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

There are Man City fans who have a higher regard for our club than you

I doubt that very much but good comment enjoy your 3 likes x