Quick view from the Blue Moon

Guest Ferkorf
35 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Holding hands really !!! Can’t see what your issue is , Rangers was a friendly and the support was awesome . 

Take it you were a hand holder then lol

I have massive respect for our fans who say they don’t want to “sell out” like Man City and have their success, trophies, stadium, players and entertainment. 

Personally I feel the complete opposite as I want to see Wednesday be successful before I pass through this land.  I would even accept being called RB Wednesday for the next 10-20 years if it meant we followed in Man City’s footsteps.  I know that’s not a popular opinion but just how I feel about life at the moment 

2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

I have massive respect for our fans who say they don’t want to “sell out” like Man City and have their success, trophies, stadium, players and entertainment. 

Personally I feel the complete opposite as I want to see Wednesday be successful before I pass through this land.  I would even accept being called RB Wednesday for the next 10-20 years if it meant we followed in Man City’s footsteps.  I know that’s not a popular opinion but just how I feel about life at the moment 

We all would despite our fine words.

10 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Yeah it does look like fun being good and going to support your team around Europe. That's probably the main thing I'm jealous of, obviously can't just go and support a good team though but that's the dream. 

Similar clubs...Apart from the one massive piece of luck City had with the takeover...

City fans stayed constant through some lean times...Much as Wednesday fans have, so you can respect that...Without holding hands or swapping sycophantic compliments.

Most City fans I have met, and I'll admit they are of a similar age to me , tend to have the same black humour as Owls fans seem to have..Its born out of experience I suppose.

I don't begrudge them the luck they had...They went through some reight crap before they got it.

1 hour ago, flo said:

Yeah it does look like fun being good and going to support your team around Europe. That's probably the main thing I'm jealous of, obviously can't just go and support a good team though but that's the dream. 

Yep Wolves are a good example of what a club our size can achieve with rich owners who know how to take the right risks, by signing players with resale value and not elderly crocks 

15 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Abroad?

France? 

Lost?

Edited by daleblue
  • Haha 1

It saddens me that we were once on a par with the Premier League’s top teams until we decided running a football club properly at Boardroom level was overrated.

Yes, but we are where we are etc. Blah, blah, blah.

The main problem we’ve had for many years is that only the fans have the ambition. It’s not there at Boardroom level, or if it is, they’ve no idea, or no money to achieve it, and the players we’ve brought in have largely been plodding journeymen, not supporting the vision.

Subsistence management. That’s what we’ve had the majority of the time recently.

On 28/02/2020 at 00:13, shandypants said:

I think a great deal will depend on the attitude of the ref towards “tough” tackling and simulation. If he clamps down on the former and turns a blind eye on the latter, there’s a high chance that one of our players will be sent off. If the ref allows “tough” tackling and is wise to simulation then we have a chance. 

With the way Nuhui and fessi bundle the opposition to the ground the ref will be kept busy