Manager Options.

3 hours ago, sparky74 said:

You must be the gullible one thinking he’d love to come here and keep us up.

If we were discussing any other team here then I’d agree as you can’t fault his record at doing what he does.

All I am saying is from what I know and have heard from the man I don’t think he’d shed any tears if he took us down- the man hates Wednesday,

He doesn't hate Wednesday. He's a professional football manager and will work for anyone who pays him. He's also very good at his job.

I accept it won't happen because it would split the fan base but he probably is the best man for the job if we could get past the wind up from Colin.

Our fans hate the thought of him so much they can't see the funny side of what he does. He acts like a pantomime dame, all nasty and evil to wind our fans up. The guy has a sense of humour and our fan base falls for it.

3 hours ago, sparky74 said:

You must be the gullible one thinking he’d love to come here and keep us up.

If we were discussing any other team here then I’d agree as you can’t fault his record at doing what he does.

All I am saying is from what I know and have heard from the man I don’t think he’d shed any tears if he took us down- the man hates Wednesday,

Where did I put hed love to come here?

So you seriously think a football man that has a history of being a right mardy bar steward when he loses is going to deliberately get a relegation on his cv ?

And how would he go about it ,out of interest ?

11 minutes ago, prowl said:

He doesn't hate Wednesday. He's a professional football manager and will work for anyone who pays him. He's also very good at his job.

I accept it won't happen because it would split the fan base but he probably is the best man for the job if we could get past the wind up from Colin.

Our fans hate the thought of him so much they can't see the funny side of what he does. He acts like a pantomime dame, all nasty and evil to wind our fans up. The guy has a sense of humour and our fan base falls for it.

Anyone who fancies jumping in bed with Colin and kicking out Monk have a read of this little article from the scum up the road.

https://throughitalltogether.sbnation.com/2017/3/29/15093630/leeds-united-neil-warnock-remember-how-horrible-the-era-was

53 minutes ago, Prince said:

Anyone who fancies jumping in bed with Colin and kicking out Monk have a read of this little article from the scum up the road.

https://throughitalltogether.sbnation.com/2017/3/29/15093630/leeds-united-neil-warnock-remember-how-horrible-the-era-was

They really don't like him  so bitter. Worse than us.

The positive to having Warnock as manager is if he did get us up it would wind dem blades up no end. 

1 hour ago, Prince said:

Colin has a record of success at this level. I'm not saying he's not failed at some clubs, every manager fails at times. Overall he's as good a bet as any. I don't think there's much love lost between him and the upper echelons of United these days.

Warnock is horrible the way he acts and goes off when hes losing, always someone else to blame, he ran out of ideas towards the end at Cardiff.

I think the biggest obstacle is getting someone to work under Chansiri.

Edited by TaxiMark

On a slightly related subject, I would be tempted to ask Alan Curbishley if he would be interested in a DoF role. 

He’s been out of management for a while and from what I’ve heard in interviews he wouldn’t want a managerial role. He has a lot of experience he could pass on to a younger Head Coach. 

• Haha 1

Just now, i used to be sc_owl said:

On a slightly related subject, I would be tempted to ask Alan Curbishley if he would be interested in a DoF role. 

He’s been out of management for a while and from what I’ve heard in interviews he wouldn’t want a managerial role. He has a lot of experience he could pass on to a younger Head Coach. 

Chansiri is the issue with anyone imo.

6 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I agree. 

Just throwing ideas out there. 

I didnt want Monk, wasnt happy when he was named but had to get behind him in the hope that he could prove me wrong, for me he's not strong enough to handle these lot.

Maybe it takes a certain type but it seems come out and make unpopular decisions and these players will try to get whoever sacked.

We need rid of a few players at this club but again Chansiri hasnt wanted to do this wether someone else is pulling those strings who knows?

Read a quote recently that Nigel Pearson made some time ago and willing all likelihood have been quoted on one of the zillion threads about Garry Monk.  In this quote he stares that when the culture in the club is wrong you need to change the players and accepted that often things get worse before they get better.  It is at those time’s he says you need patience.

I couldn’t agree more and it’s time we got behind GM

Suspect Monk would’ve gone by now if he didn’t have the chairman’s support, ruling out play offs would have been brave talk if Chansiri wasn’t already in agreement 

I think there’s a mutual understanding of get to the summer and re-asses hopefully with championship status 

6 hours ago, dorian gray said:

we can't just go around the world can we?, are we not governed by legislation in not allowing us to go our and buy up players from just anywhere we like?

We are...like any football club in the world...yet they sign players from anywhere they want and get work permits

12 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

You're absolutely right, and speaking personally I would hold my nose and take him.

The trouble is that many of us wouldn't. It would be a bitterly divisive appointment. And for that reason alone we probably ought to steer clear.

we steer clear,stick with Monk, and enjoy our trip to Rochdale etc....

2 hours ago, Tommycraign10others said:

Read a quote recently that Nigel Pearson made some time ago and willing all likelihood have been quoted on one of the zillion threads about Garry Monk.  In this quote he stares that when the culture in the club is wrong you need to change the players and accepted that often things get worse before they get better.  It is at those time’s he says you need patience.

I couldn’t agree more and it’s time we got behind GM

really,Monk is showing no reason to,5 Clubs in 6 years,very strange team selections,odd formations and crap subs,he ain't the answer....