Manager Options.

Since we last changed manager very few different/new options have become available. 

One man who has become available is Neil Warnock. He’s said (again) he wants one more job and was very close to going to Boro but they picked up.

If we were to change managers I’m sure he’d throw his hat in the ring for the job. Would Wednesday fans accept / be happy if the club was to appoint him? Knowing his association with them across the city. 

• Haha 1

Don't know if a Manager can sort it out, Carlos-Bullen-Jos-Bullen-Bruce-Bullen and now Monk, and possibly Bullen again....

Could Warnock motivate the Players?  I doubt it, he said he "wants one more job", doesn't seem to matter  where that job is.  Sounds mercenary to me, I'll pass on the mercenaries, both Managers & Players.  Can't comment on the "other association" concerning Warnock, because I'm American and have no business getting involved in an English cross-town war, just think Warnock is looking for a last big paycheck, and, Wednesday is good at that....

Let's be realistic. Warnock is arguably the best championship manager we have seen. He takes tired, washed up players and gets them playing.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that he would get us playing gritty resolute football with a keen desire to win. There is no way he would let his legacy be ruined by purposely taking us down. People must be off their rockers if they think that.

Imagine his legacy if he took us up. He'd be the king of sheffield. 

• Like 3

This squad would ruin any good manager’s career. The squad are great people and I’ve loved watching them but they are past their best in key areas. A good midfield and some young talent would be great. Right now I’d be setting up a scouting business if I was DC and look to find talent around the world.

A few years back Ajax, Arsenal and Partisan Belgrade had the best scouting and academy set up and recruited to find players to play and to trade. We need a great network of scouts paid for by trading players.

Just now, james o connor said:

I bet every manager would revel in working With a dreadful defence , king of the backwards pass bannan , biscuit knees hutch and a whole heap of strikers that don’t score 

Under a chairman who won’t sell any players or let you bring in any back room staff of your own.

5 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

Let's be realistic. Warnock is arguably the best championship manager we have seen. He takes tired, washed up players and gets them playing.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that he would get us playing gritty resolute football with a keen desire to win. There is no way he would let his legacy be ruined by purposely taking us down. People must be off their rockers if they think that.

Imagine his legacy if he took us up. He'd be the king of sheffield. 

You're absolutely right, and speaking personally I would hold my nose and take him.

The trouble is that many of us wouldn't. It would be a bitterly divisive appointment. And for that reason alone we probably ought to steer clear.