Manager Options.

1 hour ago, prowl said:

You can't have anything other than short term fixes unless the fans stop turning on the manager before he's had time to change things. We need to give each new manager a couple of transfer windows to improve things. At the moment we go full on mental at the first sign of a bad run.

Personally I have no view on Monk as a manager. If he goes I won't cry myself to sleep but at some stage we are going to have to get behind someone if we are ever going to get to the Premiership.

We do need a long term plan but...…. were probably getting a points deduction and the players have clearly downed tools for the current manager (not acceptable I know) who we cant change and the manager is devoid of ideas. 

This is the PERFECT time for a short term fix, which Warnock would be and could do with these players. I have never wanted him at this club but if ever there was a time where I could accept it it would be now. Take a 12 point deduction then he gets us enough points to stay up.

Job done then start the massive rebuild in the summer with new everything from Top to Bottom.

Guest Bulgaria
7 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

What about Monk.

He has taken Sheffield Wednesday to 12th in the league after taking over in difficult circumstances when the previous manager did a runner at the 12th hour leaving them in the lurch.

He has also inherited a crappy squad that has failed for 3 successive years to be promoted.

He also cant spend any money so is making do with the dregs that he inherited from prior managers poor dealings.

He is also having to manage players on excessive deals from poor management previously.

He also has a couple of 'bad eggs' in the dressing room who are destabilising things and making his job harder.

He also is trying to fit square pegs into round holes in terms of players and positions because some players are refusing to play.

He also has 'called out' the troublesome players and is actually 'BEING' a manager by managing in difficult circumstances.

He is also working under a chairman who knows nothing about football.

He is also working for a club that has a EFL Legal case hanging over its head.

He also works for a club that has had FFP restrictions.

He also manages to work for a club that other clubs in the division want to see receive a substantial points deduction.

He also works under the pressure of a fan base that expects immediate results because they 'STILL' think that they are a Premier League team, that just happens to have not been in the Premier League for many years.

If I've missed anything I do apologise, but I think that this guy has the right experience to manage us . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Morning Garry.

There is no doubt he’s vastly experienced and has it in his locker to keep us up this year and push for the play offs next year. 

The vast majority of our fan base would never accept him. He’s the guy we love to hate, the pantomime villain. 

Personally after 20 years of mostly cr@p seasons, I’m willing to give anyone a chance if I think they can do it but I get why others wouldn’t. 

Warnock

His record speaks for itself. If you took away his previous misdemenours with the Pigs away, we'd be jumping through hoops and crawling over broken glass to get this man in, 8 promotions in his time, 3 to the premier league.

The football aint great, his methods won't be for everyone and he has said those comments (tongue in cheek when United manager) about managing us to send us down - lip service for the united fans.

He's changed that stance given what happened towards the end of his tenure there ..

I'm not advocating that we chase him etc but as a fan, you can't turn your nose up at a manager with that pedigree and CV ... he'd sort out this sorry bunch of wasters thats for sure ....

Edited by Hack-Abusi

50 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Disagree , you need to give the right manager time not the wrong one to make the situation worse. Imagine giving Jos four or five transfer windows???? Also IF structures and strategies had been properly put in place in every department of the club then a continuation of progress could be achieved whilst developing and selling players for profit along the way. 

I agree but it is a big IF and not where we are at present. I agree Jos wasn't the right person. I'm not sure about Monk. He's not had the chance to change things. Yes he's made mistakes apparently but we don't know if the football he's playing is because of the players available or if that's what he likes to play.

We just need stability. No manager gets support from all our fans and the sniping starts straight away. Certain posters start chipping away at the manager from day one. Is that just us or is it every club?

9 minutes ago, prowl said:

I agree but it is a big IF and not where we are at present. I agree Jos wasn't the right person. I'm not sure about Monk. He's not had the chance to change things. Yes he's made mistakes apparently but we don't know if the football he's playing is because of the players available or if that's what he likes to play.

We just need stability. No manager gets support from all our fans and the sniping starts straight away. Certain posters start chipping away at the manager from day one. Is that just us or is it every club?

It's every club and every walk of life nowadays £££££££

Guest LittleG
7 minutes ago, prowl said:

I think you are over estimating the influence of Owlstalk. This is a forum and people will always have different opinions on players/managers etc.; some will even form that opinion before they have been given a chance. I'm sure this will happen on forums at every club in the country. However, even if a few posters were sniping about Monk straight away, this will have had no impact whatsoever on Monks managership, unless he's sad enough to read these posts.

Admittedly this thread is focussing on Warnock, but you can see there is a lot of confused thinking on here Could we grasp that this might have to be a longer term project? Of course, the big question will be, can Chansiri embrace that concept? A long term project might mean, changing the culture of the club, developing a football ethos throughout the whole club, and will almost certainly take a few years. Perhaps something similar to what Swansea set in place, where coaches come and go, but the ethos remains in place. That demands that we then look for a certain type of manager/coach, someone who is good at working with the players Already we can see that the fan base is split, with many fans looking at managers who have championship promotions on their CVs, others favour a more, “no nonsense” old school manager, that will have the players in Greno Woods most of the week. A bit like Chansiri’s managerial appointments thus far, it all seems a bit confused

9 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

The fan base will always be split regardless of whether we’re doing well or not?

It wasn't split when Bruce was here, there was very much a sense of togetherness and optimism, sadly it was cut short but there was a genuine belief he was the man to take us forward.

Having the right man in place is imperative and it can't be underplayed.

30 minutes ago, the monk said:

What believing he would deliberately get us relegated??

You must be the gullible one thinking he’d love to come here and keep us up.

If we were discussing any other team here then I’d agree as you can’t fault his record at doing what he does.

All I am saying is from what I know and have heard from the man I don’t think he’d shed any tears if he took us down- the man hates Wednesday,

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andrew6666 said:

What about Monk.

He has taken Sheffield Wednesday to 12th in the league after taking over in difficult circumstances when the previous manager did a runner at the 12th hour leaving them in the lurch.

He has also inherited a crappy squad that has failed for 3 successive years to be promoted.

He also cant spend any money so is making do with the dregs that he inherited from prior managers poor dealings.

He is also having to manage players on excessive deals from poor management previously.

He also has a couple of 'bad eggs' in the dressing room who are destabilising things and making his job harder.

He also is trying to fit square pegs into round holes in terms of players and positions because some players are refusing to play.

He also has 'called out' the troublesome players and is actually 'BEING' a manager by managing in difficult circumstances.

He is also working under a chairman who knows nothing about football.

He is also working for a club that has a EFL Legal case hanging over its head.

He also works for a club that has had FFP restrictions.

He also manages to work for a club that other clubs in the division want to see receive a substantial points deduction.

He also works under the pressure of a fan base that expects immediate results because they 'STILL' think that they are a Premier League team, that just happens to have not been in the Premier League for many years.

If I've missed anything I do apologise, but I think that this guy has the right experience to manage us . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Great post that...I'm surprised he has not resigned with all the stuff placed at his door.

I think he deserves our support not our ire.

If he is allowed to get through this we might have a bloody good manager who can manage in adversity.

• Haha 1