Manager Options.

Guest LondonOwl313

I'd take him, don't care that he's a Utd fan. But I don't think it will happen.. he said he wants one more job to get to 1,000 games as a manager or something I think he said he needed 15 more. He'd probably come here for a few months but realistically he wouldn't be able to give it a 2-3 year stint which is what would be needed at a minimum to get us back into the premier league

No idea who we'd go for as the options are poor and if anything the pool is smaller than last time as Cowley and Rowett are no longer possible options. Still think Monk needs to go there regardless 

1 hour ago, Yellowbelly said:

Are we in a position to let our pride get in the way of appointing a very capable manager at this level?

No BUT it would only be a sticking plaster and not the long term solution which we need.

Plus he's a blunt through and through.

Edited by Ray Von shabba

36 minutes ago, Mr Hooper said:

Ryan Lowe? - Plays attacking football, up and coming, already has a connection with the club. Worked wonders at Bury. Doing very well at Plymouth. Fans all rate him.

Bury 15 January 2018[27] 5 June 2019 75 32 21 22 42.67
Plymouth Argyle 5 June 2019[33] present 41 21 9 11 51.22

Not a bad shout that, if he’s rated within sports coaching/management then wouldn’t be against it.  

On a slightly different note.

Can we stop saying Chansiri doesn't know anything about football. 

He's ineptitude spans far wider. What does he actually know about? People say he's a business man but I'd say he doesn't understand that either. 

You don't need to be an expert in football to balance your books and understand FFP. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, poite said:

He's ineptitude spans far wider. What does he actually know about? People say he's a business man but I'd say he doesn't understand that either. 

You don't need to be an expert in football to balance your books and understand FFP. 

I would imagine Man City have some of the best business people going there, yet they are in a similar predicament.  FFP needs completely scrapping. As proved with Bury it doesn't help save clubs. 

A new manager is already in place, he wants my choice BUT I would rather keep him for now as nobody is going to improve matters in our current situation.

If we are going to change managers again then with all the pressing FFP stuff , would leave it to the summer.

We are in a mess off the field much bigger than team, affairs and until that is sorted any manager will struggle.

11 minutes ago, poite said:

Post of the year.

The man is a fecking liability and this whole situation is a ticking time bomb.

Edited by Blue and white
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, owl84 said:

Since we last changed manager very few different/new options have become available. 

One man who has become available is Neil Warnock. He’s said (again) he wants one more job and was very close to going to Boro but they picked up.

If we were to change managers I’m sure he’d throw his hat in the ring for the job. Would Wednesday fans accept / be happy if the club was to appoint him? Knowing his association with them across the city. 

the negs at the bottom of your post, and shortly mine will show some supporters...……….no fans of this club would rather see it go under than appoint HIM, as to them he is the antichrist.

6 hours ago, Neon Nick said:

Don't know if a Manager can sort it out, Carlos-Bullen-Jos-Bullen-Bruce-Bullen and now Monk, and possibly Bullen again....

Could Warnock motivate the Players?  I doubt it, he said he "wants one more job", doesn't seem to matter  where that job is.  Sounds mercenary to me, I'll pass on the mercenaries, both Managers & Players.  Can't comment on the "other association" concerning Warnock, because I'm American and have no business getting involved in an English cross-town war, just think Warnock is looking for a last big paycheck, and, Wednesday is good at that....

ALL managers and the vast majority of footballers are mercenaries. 

I don't know what you do for a living, but IF another better opportunity opened up just down the road from you on twice the money, would you stick with your employer, or move?

see, not only managers and footballers are mercenaries. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

A new manager is already in place, he wants my choice BUT I would rather keep him for now as nobody is going to improve matters in our current situation.

If we are going to change managers again then with all the pressing FFP stuff , would leave it to the summer.

We are in a mess off the field much bigger than team, affairs and until that is sorted any manager will struggle.

Agree i‘d keep Monk in charge whilst we have these EFL battles and possible points deduction. chansiri needs to have words tho about what’s gone wrong for the last 10 games as it’s not acceptable and we are in a battle to fend off relegation.  

But come the end of the season we need to replace Monk, and hopefully have a new owner too 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, toooldforthis said:

This squad would ruin any good manager’s career. The squad are great people and I’ve loved watching them but they are past their best in key areas. A good midfield and some young talent would be great. Right now I’d be setting up a scouting business if I was DC and look to find talent around the world.

A few years back Ajax, Arsenal and Partisan Belgrade had the best scouting and academy set up and recruited to find players to play and to trade. We need a great network of scouts paid for by trading players.

we can't just go around the world can we?, are we not governed by legislation in not allowing us to go our and buy up players from just anywhere we like?

Guest Ferkorf

I'd like to think Warnock would never take a job at Hillsborough and I'd like to think we never gave him the opportunity to live his dream of getting us relegated.

Although on the other hand he is a decent manager.... and I genuinely think he would be a pretty cool Anti-Hero.

I'd rather us just leave that stone unturned though

6 hours ago, james o connor said:

I bet every manager would revel in working With a dreadful defence , king of the backwards pass bannan , biscuit knees hutch and a whole heap of strikers that don’t score 

IF he wasn't out of work when we found him, he would be soon after.

dc has to write a book 'swfc, a complete car crash in under 5 year' the proceeds may give us a transfer kitty.

the failure to sell the not needed, past their best, and wage 'takers' has now got the club in a stranglehold.

6 hours ago, OwlOnWheels said:

Personally, I’d take him. He was playing to the gallery when he said he’d love to manage us to take us down. He’s the most successful manager at this level along with Bruce, and will not be getting him.

I think some elements of the fan base would never accept him though, so I don’t think it would ever happen.  It would also be another sign of short term thinking.

if and when faced with relegation, you've to look short term.

6 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Just stick with Monk, where has constant change got us. Would be a better option to appoint a Director of Football with a plan  who has the experience. Got to say Monk has got little to work with.

you're being kind at 'little'. not sure we need a dof, as much as monk requires his coaching team.

6 hours ago, Prince said:

Can’t stand the bloke and wouldn’t want him anywhere near hillsborough, he’s well past his sell by date and is better off retired. The guy is anti-Football and his win at all costs philosophy is an ancient relic of English kick and rush. People like Warnock are better consigned to history or in his case a high security Care Home.

It’s vomit inducing to imagine that p!ss stain of a  bloke holding a Wednesday scarf up and grinning to the press.

square pass, square pass, square pass, sq...…………….…………………………………………………………………………...NON dinosaur football. :tango:

• Haha 1